MyGers open training session - 23rd July

Am I wrong to moan about the grievances? My concern is they get away with these as some,like you, feel they can do no wrong and then they continue with the shite. Hold them to account now and they up their game. Bury your head in the sand and they may, become worse. Yes they got rid of the spivs but that good will does not go on forever. You have your opinion and I have mine, lets leave it at that

The goodwill should last forever. Without them, you’d have no club to moan at.

Criticise when justified - and there have been a few things. But the blanket negativity is unjust and tiring. Compare my them to the spivs is typical messageboard hyperbole. Whoever shouts the loudest…

The goodwill should last forever. Without them, you’d have no club to moan at.

Criticise when justified - and there have been a few things. But the blanket negativity is unjust and tiring. Compare my them to the spivs is typical messageboard hyperbole. Whoever shouts the loudest…
Goodwill should last forever? Even if they do a shite job?
No they have my thanks but rhat doesnt mean they can treat the fans like mugs. Go down that road and we go back to where we were.
There is no blanket negativity but of late they have had a nightmare.
I said they are starting to treat the fans with disdain like the spivs. The communications or lack of this week and the handling of the friendly tickets would back that up.

Goodwill should last forever? Even if they do a shite job?
No they have my thanks but rhat doesnt mean they can treat the fans like mugs. Go down that road and we go back to where we were.
There is no blanket negativity but of late they have had a nightmare.
I said they are starting to treat the fans with disdain like the spivs. The communications or lack of this week and the handling of the friendly tickets would back that up.

John Bennett vs. Sandy Easdale. Douglas Park vs. Charles Green.

Claiming they are treating "the fans with disdain like the spivs" is such a nonsense it detracts from any reasonable point you are making.

It's also worth getting things in perspective. The current "nightmares" are in no way comparable to Somer, Llambias etc.

John Bennett vs. Sandy Easdale. Douglas Park vs. Charles Green.

Claiming they are treating "the fans with disdain like the spivs" is such a nonsense it detracts from any reasonable point you are making.

It's also worth getting things in perspective. The current "nightmares" are in no way comparable to Somer, Llambias etc.
Im not comparing the personalities, there is no competition, such nonsense detracts from the point you are trying to make.
If you think that the way they have treated fans who have signed up for MyGers and friendly tickets who were overlooked for those thay didn't isnt treating them with disdain then I dont know what is. Btw I have investment either way in that fight.
Also no communications regards the open training day and its not good enough.
Im sorry if my critiscm of the board upsets you but we let them away with shite like this then it snowballs.

Comparisons to the spivs are too far but the current board have been really poor with comms. The entire media and comms side has been really poor recently, how hard is it to update fans? We don't even get regular training pictures or videos anymore. More often than not in pre-season it's been Gary McAllister doing RTV interviews and not even the gaffer.

Have we just to turn up at the turnstiles tomorrow then?

looking forward to it :D

Wouldn’t be surprised it takes place tomorrow with a very select few fans as was the case with the MyGers trophy experience at Ibrox.
Surely some info would’ve been released if it was the case. I mean, you’re not implying rangers would hand pick attendees, are you? :D

Im not comparing the personalities, there is no competition, such nonsense detracts from the point you are trying to make.
If you think that the way they have treated fans who have signed up for MyGers and friendly tickets who were overlooked for those thay didn't isnt treating them with disdain then I dont know what is. Btw I have investment either way in that fight.
Also no communications regards the open training day and its not good enough.
Im sorry if my critiscm of the board upsets you but we let them away with shite like this then it snowballs.

A man ranting on an anonymous message-board doesn't upset me. I'm just countering what I think are over-the-top comments. You believe the current board are showing spiv-like behaviour, I think that's nonsense.

I think what we do have is a business suffering growing pains in difficult circumstances without the proper infrastructure. The ticket office fiasco is the perfect example - an already problematic area unable to deal with the current situation.

The open training session is in theory a great idea with good intentions. But with Covid, it was never going to be straightforward. I wouldn't be surprised if the manager has also decided it doesn't work.

Mistakes, though, don't always mean "disdain". However, I agree on communication overall - it's been poor.

A man ranting on an anonymous message-board doesn't upset me. I'm just countering what I think are over-the-top comments. You believe the current board are showing spiv-like behaviour, I think that's nonsense.

I think what we do have is a business suffering growing pains in difficult circumstances without the proper infrastructure. The ticket office fiasco is the perfect example - an already problematic area unable to deal with the current situation.

The open training session is in theory a great idea with good intentions. But with Covid, it was never going to be straightforward. I wouldn't be surprised if the manager has also decided it doesn't work.

Mistakes, though, don't always mean "disdain". However, I agree on communication overall - it's been poor.
Its a simple fix. Just keep the fans in the loop. Customer service is all about communication even if it isnt good news. At least people know where they stand.

I agree with this though it’s evident there’s still issues with certain areas of the club; PR, communications, ticket office etc

How long do the board ride the goodwill wave before we demand that they make improvements? They could start with seriously reviewing the idiots in the ticket office and getting rid of the incompetents

Theyd have been performance managed out of a more professional business if they were continually involved in the amount of fuck ups that they have

So, is there any update then?

Hopefully broxi’s going so I can get a picture with him and get 100 mygers staunch points

Greg, we all know that you’re not responsible for any of this and you’re not really in a position to do anything about it.

That being said though, can you please voice our concerns that the clubs communication as of late has been shockingly bad. We all put in so much money and we don’t even get the bare minimum back.
Honestly bit my tongue for long enough here what a nonsense, nearly 2 days and slo responds to a training session thats never going to happen ignoring the 25 page thread on ticket shambles!

The now supporters non liaising officer is taking the piss enjoys the free tickets & jolly’s abroad but what is the point in him apart from a box ticking exercise.

Will be raising this at the agm that this role must be voted for as plenty of folk would do it for free but maybe not the yes man the club want!

If it was a real job there would be a call for vote of no confidence which in this case would be fully understandable!

If you can’t answer @Greg Marshall do some decency and point us in the direction of who will!

Honestly bit my tongue for long enough here what a nonsense, nearly 2 days and slo responds to a training session thats never going to happen ignoring the 25 page thread on ticket shambles!

The now supporters non liaising officer is taking the piss enjoys the free tickets & jolly’s abroad but what is the point in him apart from a box ticking exercise.

Will be raising this at the agm that this role must be voted for as plenty of folk would do it for free but maybe not the yes man the club want!

If it was a real job there would be a call for vote of no confidence which in this case would be fully understandable!

If you can’t answer @Greg Marshall do some decency and point us in the direction of who will!
Sorry its now a 36 page thread since I started my rant!

Ooft, that’s a bit much mate. I know I’ve been critical of this whole debacle but theres no need for that

Ooft, that’s a bit much mate. I know I’ve been critical of this whole debacle but theres no need for that
Maybe so, as I do think Greg is a good guy, but I can’t blame the poster for getting animated.

His ire is pointed at the wrong direction however.

Presume non MyGers members will have been updated on this :D
Got to admit this MyGers thing is starting to annoy a wee bit..

Had a quick look the other day, & I'm still not sure I 100% understand what exactly it is.

If it's simply a heads up on some things.. then.. seems more than a tad unfair. I mean I get it if that's what it is.

& if it gets you free access to these type of things, then fair play.

But on the club website just seems a little vague.. If you sign up you get a wee welcome pack, & seen posters talk about MyGers points..

Sorry if being nieve, just as I say not 100% on what it actually is!

Maybe so, as I do think Greg is a good guy, but I can’t blame the poster for getting animated.

His ire is pointed at the wrong direction however.
Correct, I’m as angry as anyone but I don’t place any blame at Greg’s door in regards to the decision.

Could argue his communication should be better but I firmly believe he’s been told off the club not to reply to things so again, I don’t really blame him.

I’ve spent best part of 2 days livid but I know it’s not Greg’s fault. I get the posters annoyance but his anger is misplaced

Got to admit this MyGers thing is starting to annoy a wee bit..

Had a quick look the other day, & I'm still not sure I 100% understand what exactly it is.

If it's simply a heads up on some things.. then.. seems more than a tad unfair. I mean I get it if that's what it is.

& if it gets you free access to these type of things, then fair play.

But on the club website just seems a little vague.. If you sign up you get a wee welcome pack, & seen posters talk about MyGers points..

Sorry if being nieve, just as I say not 100% on what it actually is!
It’s way more than that mate. If you want away tickets, semis and finals you’re not going to have much chance if you’re not a MyGers member.

Your bang on. The job has accountability as he is supposed to be acting as a buffer between the club and the fans. He is on here enough to know what the fans are feeling but nothing seems to change.

Your bang on. The job has accountability as he is supposed to be acting as a buffer between the club and the fans. He is on here enough to know what the fans are feeling but nothing seems to change.
Not really his fault though if people above him don’t care enough to act. It’s all well and good saying people would do it for free but that’s easy to say when you’re not currently in the role and getting a wage

I’ve had disagreements on here with him in regards to mygers but any dealings I’ve had in person he’s been spot on. It’s an impossible job he’s doing and the anger is misplaced here

Not really his fault though if people above him don’t care enough to act. It’s all well and good saying people would do it for free but that’s easy to say when you’re not currently in the role and getting a wage

I’ve had disagreements on here with him in regards to mygers but any dealings I’ve had in person he’s been spot on. It’s an impossible job he’s doing and the anger is misplaced here
Im sorry but if what your saying is correct and that it’s a thankless job you really need someone in the role who will stand by his actions and be prepared to walk away if he isn’t being listened to.
I might be totally wrong but like a lot of others at the club he enjoys being on the gravy train and he doesn’t want to rock the boat for fear of being let go

@vanbasten Its how most of us feel about the situation and we are very tired of the ticket office and where we have reached with this latest failure.

The fact Greg’s attention appears elsewhere and not where it glaringly went wrong strikes me as he’s been told to say nothing admit nothing and its on him and his job if he admits the issue for what it is.

Plenty of us have lettered in the early 2000s and now we are at emails. They were happy to read out 2 of my questions on the webinar but did I ever hear back on the ticketing that I also said was not for webinar but needed addressed urgently as a legacy problem. Nah.

Greg has passed on ‘soon’ message for mygers day that he’s been told to.

Greg has said zero on Real Madrid as thats what hes been told to.

Dont know the guy and that’s just my guess on the situation. He’s only been very helpful when ive pointed elderly supporters in his direction that were struggling with technology.

It’s way more than that mate. If you want away tickets, semis and finals you’re not going to have much chance if you’re not a MyGers member.
I'm probably going to have to give it a proper look mate. Just seems a bit off.. on the face of it.

I mean, say I join now, do I get credit for all the games I've ever attended, for the games in the lower League's (all booked through my Rangers account).

Signed up to the recent share issue as well, so do I get credit for that?

Not everyone can spend hundreds of pounds following the club.. I just hope there is still a fair chance given for league games etc.

Semis & finals though, & maybe free access to one or two things during the year, & maybe 1st offer or off field stuff I would get.

It just doesn't seem all that clear what you get.

Apologies for the rant wasn’t meant personal at Greg have met him a few times and is a nice guy.

Totalling ignoring the issue isn’t right though, if he can send pm of who to contact regarding this it would be appreciated.

Doesn’t bode well if this is just friendlies to see how this mygers scheme works going forward!

Im sorry but if what your saying is correct and that it’s a thankless job you really need someone in the role who will stand by his actions and be prepared to walk away if he isn’t being listened to.
I might be totally wrong but like a lot of others at the club he enjoys being on the gravy train and he doesn’t want to rock the boat for fear of being let go
Working for the club he loves, able to help in probably 80% of situations, gets to travel about with the team and represents them at events/matches

You’re deluded if you think the people on here would walk away from that if they were in his position

He’s an SLO, obviously things are above his pay grade and out with his control. Anger should be directed at the Ticketing manager/Managing Director

As Ive said before once the ST and MyGers money is in the communications dry up. Last year was sabre rattling about status quo etc fans fired up and parted with cash. The sabres stopped getting rattled. This season they are riding the crest of the 55 wave and threats of legal action. Threats now ceased but the likes of Dornan continue to have a pop.
We have had shambles of settlements regards friendlies and Livi ballot. Only to be followed by thw flag day statement which should have come first. The ballot for friendly tickets has been a shambles. They dont care. They have our money. They know we are loyal and will continue to put money into the club. Slowly but surely they are goimg down the route of treating the fans with same disdain as the spivs.
Times like this I wish the admins would see approve my drama queen alert account where I would post 'beep' under any posts like this.

Am I wrong to moan about the grievances? My concern is they get away with these as some,like you, feel they can do no wrong and then they continue with the shite. Hold them to account now and they up their game. Bury your head in the sand and they may, become worse. Yes they got rid of the spivs but that good will does not go on forever. You have your opinion and I have mine, lets leave it at that
Probably not but people are calling you out for taking it to an extreme. The spivs were trying to run our club into the ground while pilfering as much money as they could in doing so. You seem to be raging at a stupid wee kickabout or something being potentially moved due to a worldwide pandemic. See the first half of my post.

Working for the club he loves, able to help in probably 80% of situations, gets to travel about with the team and represents them at events/matches

You’re deluded if you think the people on here would walk away from that if they were in his position

He’s an SLO, obviously things are above his pay grade and out with his control. Anger should be directed at the Ticketing manager/Managing Director

your maybe right that things might be above his paygrade but it’s still his job to make sure his communications are spot on

I'm probably going to have to give it a proper look mate. Just seems a bit off.. on the face of it.

I mean, say I join now, do I get credit for all the games I've ever attended, for the games in the lower League's (all booked through my Rangers account).

Signed up to the recent share issue as well, so do I get credit for that?

Not everyone can spend hundreds of pounds following the club.. I just hope there is still a fair chance given for league games etc.

Semis & finals though, & maybe free access to one or two things during the year, & maybe 1st offer or off field stuff I would get.

It just doesn't seem all that clear what you get.
It’s based on purchases against your Rangers Number over the last 5 seasons - so if you join up you get the points applicable over the last 5 seasons,

Probably easier to have a play around in the FAQ. In a nutshell though MyGers points gets you priority for ticket sales for aways, semis and finals. Without it chances are very, very slim. In some case chances are slim even with it (DhimDome etc).

I've had a dig at the board today and tbf a part of it was OTT but some of it was justified imo but you are way off the mark with going after the SLO. He can only communicate what he knows and is allowed to communicate. Saying he should walk if he isnt listened to is nonsense. What other job does a junior employee threaten their boss with that?
As for being on the gravy train his job is supoorter liaison so he needs to be where supoorters are.
Im all for holding people to account but the SLO is the wrong target here

your maybe right that things might be above his paygrade but it’s still his job to make sure his communications are spot on
If you’re told by a senior manager not to say anything, regardless of what line of work you’re in, you listen

Take rangers out of the equation, if that’s any other business you do as your told not to risk your job. We have an emotional attachment to the club as does Greg buy come on, he’s got a family/probably got a mortgage too and people think he should come out all guns blazing and put his job in jeopardy

Correct me if I am wrong, but day to day operational activity is the responsibility of "Managing Director" Stewart Robertson.

That's where the problem lies.

I've been saying for ages that we need to appoint a CEO.

I've had a dig at the board today and tbf a part of it was OTT but some of it was justified imo but you are way off the mark with going after the SLO. He can only communicate what he knows and is allowed to communicate. Saying he should walk if he isnt listened to is nonsense. What other job does a junior employee threaten their boss with that?
As for being on the gravy train his job is supoorter liaison so he needs to be where supoorters are.
Im all for holding people to account but the SLO is the wrong target here

im sorry but if I was in a job where I’m taking pelters constantly and it was down to those above me I’d be having that conversation as I wouldn’t want to be the fall guy

Correct me if I am wrong, but day to day operational activity is the responsibility of "Managing Director" Stewart Robertson.

That's where the problem lies.

I've been saying for ages that we need to appoint a CEO.
Precisely, hold Robertson to account not the SLO. People should be emailing Robertson en masse to get answers here

im sorry but if I was in a job where I’m taking pelters constantly and it was down to those above me I’d be having that conversation as I wouldn’t want to be the fall guy
You’d maybe have conversations privately but ultimately you’d be told it’s your job and you need to accept it

I honestly don’t believe anyone would walk away from the job in similar circumstances unless you had hundreds of thousands in the bank and were completely financially stable

I think you are both way off the mark here

Times like this I wish the admins would see approve my drama queen alert account where I would post 'beep' under any posts like this.

Probably not but people are calling you out for taking it to an extreme. The spivs were trying to run our club into the ground while pilfering as much money as they could in doing so. You seem to be raging at a stupid wee kickabout or something being potentially moved due to a worldwide pandemic. See the first half of my post.
Sorry is there a pandemic on? Jeez if only the club knew that when they arranged the training day...hey ho.
Its not that its a friendly or something being postponed its the clubs handling of the ticket allocation and the lack of commuication which I think you'll agree has been shambolic.

My criticism of the board stands however I agree I was OTT to equate them to the spivs

Back