MyGers open training session - 23rd July

Quite simply the ticketing mess has gone too far now, its been happening for years and become a running joke but its now reached breaking point. The last few days is a whole new level.

Its been the first words out the mouth of any Rangers fan I have met out and about the past couple of days.

@Greg Marshall its not your fault, but surely you can pass on the mood of the support & find out what is going to be done to stop this happening again?

The current level of communication is not acceptable for the money we plough in.

You’d maybe have conversations privately but ultimately you’d be told it’s your job and you need to accept it

I honestly don’t believe anyone would walk away from the job in similar circumstances unless you had hundreds of thousands in the bank and were completely financially stable

I think you are both way off the mark here

my point is that the club can’t be employing people who are happy with the status quo. We need people who are happy to be accountable and to challenge not just doing whatever they need to do to keep their dream job

my point is that the club can’t be employing people who are happy with the status quo. We need people who are happy to be accountable and to challenge not just doing whatever they need to do to keep their dream job
That’s fairy tail stuff though, do you honestly think any normal rangers fan would rock the boat in his position?

Honestly bit my tongue for long enough here what a nonsense, nearly 2 days and slo responds to a training session thats never going to happen ignoring the 25 page thread on ticket shambles!

The now supporters non liaising officer is taking the piss enjoys the free tickets & jolly’s abroad but what is the point in him apart from a box ticking exercise.

Will be raising this at the agm that this role must be voted for as plenty of folk would do it for free but maybe not the yes man the club want!

If it was a real job there would be a call for vote of no confidence which in this case would be fully understandable!

If you can’t answer @Greg Marshall do some decency and point us in the direction of who will!
What jobs are you aware of that allow for a vote of no confidence for individual employees?

Honestly bit my tongue for long enough here what a nonsense, nearly 2 days and slo responds to a training session thats never going to happen ignoring the 25 page thread on ticket shambles!

The now supporters non liaising officer is taking the piss enjoys the free tickets & jolly’s abroad but what is the point in him apart from a box ticking exercise.

Will be raising this at the agm that this role must be voted for as plenty of folk would do it for free but maybe not the yes man the club want!

If it was a real job there would be a call for vote of no confidence which in this case would be fully understandable!

If you can’t answer @Greg Marshall do some decency and point us in the direction of who will!

You think people would do that job for free? You must be having a laugh

Reactions: VGM
I'm taking my boots along. Apparently after the training session is finished, they are letting fans on the pitch to try and recreate Roofe's goal from he half way line. Buzzing for this.

The club could’ve said in the Real Madrid announcement email that this wasn’t going ahead and everyone would’ve understood the reasons why.

but yet here we are once again.

@Greg Marshall can you tell me who is best to contact regarding the level of communication coming out the club? The silence from Rangers regarding this and the ticketing shambles is pretty shocking. It would be good to know who’s responsible for managing communications.

@Greg Marshall can you tell me who is best to contact regarding the level of communication coming out the club? The silence from Rangers regarding this and the ticketing shambles is pretty shocking. It would be good to know who’s responsible for managing communications.
Stewart Robertson is the person everyone should be emailing. He’d soon take notice if he received hundreds of complaints from irate fans

I’m kind of glad I’ve bought shares, I’ll happily stand up at the AGM and share my displeasure at how the comms is handled at the club

Is Greg still on holiday?

I haven’t scrolled through the mega thread, but I haven’t seen him active for a while.

Poor guy - the club hang him out to dry.

Is Greg still on holiday?

I haven’t scrolled through the mega thread, but I haven’t seen him active for a while.

Poor guy - the club hang him out to dry.
No, he’s back working now. Been a few replies on threads and back on Twitter

You’re absolutely right though, his superiors want to take a long hard look at themselves. Greg gets a power of abuse because his superiors are incompetent arses

I just chapped the window there and Jimmy Bell told me it’s for platinum MyGers members only. Gutted.

He was watching Inside 55 too. Lucky man.

I know he’s a friend of the forum, but the Comms guy came with a big reputation.

Hard hitting, savvy, political type.

I just haven’t seen any level of improvement on the comms front. It’s sporadic, random and often, just missing.

Are they under staffed or the wrong people for the job?

This pre season has been a shambles from a fan engagement and clarity perspective.

I fully understand the SLO getting a tough time. Sadly, he’s the front man for the role. But, it feels deeper rooted than that.

I have to say though, the whole lot have a terrible habit of going into hiding when it gets ugly.

I know he’s a friend of the forum, but the Comms guy came with a big reputation.

I just haven’t seen any level of improvement on the comms front. It’s sporadic, random and often, just missing.

This pre season has been a shambles from a fan engagement and clarity perspective.

I fully understand the SLO getting a tough time. Sadly, he’s the front man for the role. But, it feels deeper rooted than that.

I have to say though, the whole lot have a terrible habit of going into hiding when it gets ugly.
I’m convinced he got the job based on his background and has been given the benefit of the doubt for too long

If Jim Traynor was still the comms guys at the club you’d find that more people would be vocal about how much of a farce it currently is. The radio silence is unacceptable

People were buzzing off him because he said No Surrender once on video. I’d get rid of him ASAP if it was my decision. A damp squib that’s added zero intrinsic value to the club.

Just need to look at the state of the comms we fire out with basic errors all over it. Who’s been held accountable for the mistakes?

I feel sorry for the SLO. Its clearly the club who are dragging their heels and he's unfortunately getting through brunt of it.

So can I now get my ticket to go?

That's what happens when people are more concerned about aiming statements at newspapers that no one reads, rather than small matters like letting fans know if they can go to games with more than 24 hours notice.

I'm sure if it was cancelled we'd have been told. I'd just hang around for a few more hours!
Sadly we have a wedding to get to so we were just over to buy the new kit and ramble around

On a side note the lads said that bar72 was supposed to be ready for the Arsenal game but it won’t be until the flag day in September!!

I’m convinced he got the job based on his background and has been given the benefit of the doubt for too long

If Jim Traynor was still the comms guys at the club you’d find that more people would be vocal about how much of a farce it currently is. The radio silence is unacceptable

People were buzzing off him because he said No Surrender once on video. I’d get rid of him ASAP if it was my decision. A damp squib that’s added zero intrinsic value to the club.

Just need to look at the state of the comms we fire out with basic errors all over it. Who’s been held accountable for the mistakes?
Agreed.

Graham has just been a continuation of the poor level of communications and PR which we have endured for years and years. Nothing has improved.

Needs an overhaul - but my expectations have been set very low.

I have to say though, the whole lot have a terrible habit of going into hiding when it gets ugly
He never had any background in communciatons did he?

Landed the job, and stays in the job, because he once said no surrender and called Parkhead the piggery.

People saying the 23rd but the official site says 28th.

Subject to the return of fans, we are also pleased to announce a first-team open training session at Ibrox on July 28 that will be exclusive to 2021/22 season MyGers Members.

Same article also says 23rd at the bottom so not great whoever proof reads these things.

Subject to the return of fans, we are also pleased to announce a first-team open training session at Ibrox on July 28 that will be exclusive to 2021/22 season MyGers Members.

Same article also says 23rd at the bottom so not great whoever proof reads these things.

The 28th is a Wednesday so pointless for most fans if it was during the day.

maybe someone’s went back and edited the post of the website?

Another prime example of the complete incompetence at the club

Who’s held accountable for this?

Ah, the old change the date routine and hope that everyone just believes that we picked them up wrong.

Class Rangers

Sadly we have a wedding to get to so we were just over to buy the new kit and ramble around

On a side note the lads said that bar72 was supposed to be ready for the Arsenal game but it won’t be until the flag day in September!!

the club have said it would be ready for game next week.

And yet in doing that, they've forgot to change the date at the bottom. :D

Its not how a big club is run, its not how a professional club is run. When are we going to become one off the park?
Can you imagine the feeling amongst the fans this summer if we hadn't won the league last season.

That has been a major saving grace for the PR dept at the club and the Silent Liaison Officer.

Can you imagine the feeling amongst the fans this summer if we hadn't won the league last season.

That has been a major saving grace for the PR dept at the club and the Silent Liaison Officer.
I said it in another thread, if it wasn't for Gerrard there would be a lot more unrest in the camp.

The only people with high standards at the club are the footballing side. Gerrard, Wilson and co.

He never had any background in communciatons did he?

Landed the job, and stays in the job, because he once said no surrender and called Parkhead the piggery.
He was in charge of PR for DUP so he has experience. It wasnt solely on sayinh no surrender. Having said that he has fallen well short of expectations.
The fact that the club will know about angst amongst the fans about ticketing and training days etc yet stay silent is a worry.
Also giving people less than a weeks notice re Livi game is a disgrace. Ballot should have been done by now. Very poor organisation and planning

See what I don’t understand, why do fans with a platform not speak out or better still, speak directly with the club and try to address some of this absolute nonsense - the youtubers/tweeters/podcasters/bloggers etc

They clearly have avenues where they can contact club employees

Back