MyGers points 2021/22

GeckoBear29

Proud Bronze MyGers Member
Official Ticketer
Appreciate we’re due to find out soon enough how many points will be required for each tier but anyone got any inclination if the points thresholds are going to be roughly the same for next season? (Good news for me if they are :))

Update of points and tiers is first week in June according to the renewal email.
Poster said he had 1860 points earlier this week.
I have 1740 currently (was in Gold in the original grouping).
Hope to still be in Gold tier.
Season 2015/16 points drop off for everyone I think.

It was originally meant to run similar to TC - two or three years plus current season. They started with five seasons - are previous seasons not coming off?

Is the new tier higher than gold or lower than bronze? I don’t feel it’s fair that if you don’t have a season ticket you can apply for away games. It can actually work out that someone on maximum points loses out on a ticket while someone on minimum points, with no season ticket, gets. That’s not fair and it’s certainly not rewarding loyalty!

Don’t think they should be dropping a year off next season to be honest as nobody has been able to use MyGers yet.

The points and tiers people are on as it stands right now should also be the case for next season.
Agreed.

Don’t think they should be dropping a year off next season to be honest as nobody has been able to use MyGers yet.

The points and tiers people are on as it stands right now should also be the case for next season.

I’ve said this repeatedly, will be interesting to see if it’s been taken on board or not.

The notion that points can’t just be added added to the totals and then correct the rolling period the following season is a nonsense.

I’ll be gold regardless but I still don’t think it’s right to have points removed when we’ve been unable to buy away tickets

I’ve said this repeatedly, will be interesting to see if it’s been taken on board or not.

The notion that points can’t just be added added to the totals and then correct the rolling period the following season is a nonsense.

I’ll be gold regardless but I still don’t think it’s right to have points removed when we’ve been unable to buy away tickets

Hopefully Greg can confirm @Greg Marshall

To be fair, everyone is/was in the same boat in terms of not being able to gain points. So no one is really being disadvantaged.

That is assuming the club actually look at, for example, taking the top 30% of fans’ points as a basis for Gold, Silver, etc. each year then we should be fine.

Although that kind of talk does smack of the original thread where people were very precious about being in Gold and/or not losing their Gold status.

To be fair, everyone is/was in the same boat in terms of not being able to gain points. So no one is really being disadvantaged.

That is assuming the club actually look at, for example, taking the top 30% of fans’ points as a basis for Gold, Silver, etc. each year then we should be fine.

Although that kind of talk does smack of the original thread where people were very precious about being in Gold and/or not losing their Gold status.

It’s a massive advantage for fans that didn’t have STs in 15/16 and 16/17 and fans that hadn’t signed up to CCCS in those seasons

With that in mind, not everyone’s in the same boat - essentially you could have people in Silver/Bronze be propelled up the list due to a technicality considering fans haven’t been able to make purchases this season. That’s not right

It’s a massive advantage for fans that didn’t have STs in 15/16 and 16/17 and fans that hadn’t signed up to CCCS in those seasons

With that in mind, not everyone’s in the same boat - essentially you could have people in Silver/Bronze be propelled up the list due to a technicality considering fans haven’t been able to make purchases this season. That’s not right
I understand that, and that’s why I suggested the club would hopefully have a percentage of fans in each tier. Otherwise, in 5 years everyone could, in theory, be in the top tier. Or, if we don’t enter a football stadium for 5 years, everyone will be in the bottom tier.

And, by buying things to achieve ‘bonus’ points this year (such as programmes), people who will hope to move up a tier will actually be disadvantaged by what your suggesting, no?

I understand that, and that’s why I suggested the club would hopefully have a percentage of fans in each tier. Otherwise, in 5 years everyone could, in theory, be in the top tier. Or, if we don’t enter a football stadium for 5 years, everyone will be in the bottom tier.

And, by buying things to achieve ‘bonus’ points this year (such as programmes), people who will hope to move up a tier will actually be disadvantaged by what your suggesting, no?

No, they wouldn’t be disadvantaged as the club could just add this years accumulated points onto their starting total for 20/21 instead of having points drop off. It’s easily done, no?

I’ve played the game and bought all the additional “bonus” products to get the additional points too

No, they wouldn’t be disadvantaged as the club could just add this years accumulated points onto their starting total for 20/21 instead of having points drop off. It’s easily done, no?

I’ve played the game and bought all the additional “bonus” products to get the additional points too
I understand that it’s all easily done to just include 6 years worth of points. But everyone’s in the same situation this year and if, like I said, the club has considered percentages before creating their tier limits, then no one will be disadvantaged if the points from 5 years ago drop off?

Do the points carry forward from year to year?

Yeah, it was meant to change from a 5 year rolling period (starting point to calculate points and have people in their categories) to a 3 year rolling period moving forward

Obviously with covid this has meant fans haven’t been able to buy tickets for home games/aways/hampden/euro games though

I understand that it’s all easily done to just include 6 years worth of points. But everyone’s in the same situation this year and if, like I said, the club has considered percentages before creating their tier limits, then no one will be disadvantaged if the points from 5 years ago drop off?

By doing that, having a small % of certain categories unaffected would mean that you’ve got different rules for different groups of fans within a membership scheme

Surely that would be more controversial?

By doing that, having a small % of certain categories unaffected would mean that you’ve got different rules for different groups of fans within a membership scheme

Surely that would be more controversial?
Sorry mate, I’m not meaning to come across as a d*ck by questioning anything you said initially. Hope we’re both taking this as an actual conversation until Greg maybe clears it up.

I don’t really understand your last point but I’ll put that down to my intelligence rather than anything else haha!

What would happen at the end of next season then? Eventually, those legacy points are going to drop off and we’ll be in the same situation we’ll be in this year coming. That extra year you’re dying to have on your points this year will just drop off next year… it’ll just all balance out eventually.

Sorry mate, I’m not meaning to come across as a d*ck by questioning anything you said initially. Hope we’re both taking this as an actual conversation until Greg maybe clears it up.

I don’t really understand your last point but I’ll put that down to my intelligence rather than anything else haha!

What would happen at the end of next season then? Eventually, those legacy points are going to drop off and we’ll be in the same situation we’ll be in this year coming. That extra year you’re dying to have on your points this year will just drop off next year… it’ll just all balance out eventually.

If we had a normal season, people’s points would’ve been based on the 5 seasons from 15/16 onwards.

As such, fans would’ve been put into Gold/Silver/Bronze based on their “loyalty” over the 5 year period. At that point, it would’ve meant fans would’ve been buying tickets, going on tours, buying woman’s games/programmes etc and everyone would’ve had the same chance to build points up.

My point is, we’ve not had the chance to differentiate ourselves by buying tickets etc. Yeah we could’ve bought programmes/Woman’s game/watch along, but in truth that amounts to about 20 points (if that).

If the club wants to revert to a 3 year rolling period, have next year as an anomaly of 6 years and then have 3 years drop off for the start of the 22/23 season. That’s the point I’m trying to make

Don’t think they should be dropping a year off next season to be honest. Nobody has been able to use it yet.
A season needs to drop off, people who have paid money this season should be rewarded just like those
If we had a normal season, people’s points would’ve been based on the 5 seasons from 15/16 onwards.

As such, fans would’ve been put into Gold/Silver/Bronze based on their “loyalty” over the 5 year period. At that point, it would’ve meant fans would’ve been buying tickets, going on tours, buying woman’s games/programmes etc and everyone would’ve had the same chance to build points up.

My point is, we’ve not had the chance to differentiate ourselves by buying tickets etc. Yeah we could’ve bought programmes/Woman’s game/watch along, but in truth that amounts to about 20 points (if that).

If the club wants to revert to a 3 year rolling period, have next year as an anomaly of 6 years and then have 3 years drop off for the start of the 22/23 season. That’s the point I’m trying to make
it should not be 6 years, people ploughed money into the the club knowing we were unlikely to get to a game, it should be 5 with the 1 season dropping off

it should not be 3 seasons

A season needs to drop off, people who have paid money this season should be rewarded just like those

it should not be 6 years, people ploughed money into the the club knowing we were unlikely to get to a game, it should be 5 with the 1 season dropping off

it should not be 3 seasons

I don’t disagree mate, that’s a different discussion though as the club had already agreed to a 3 year rolling period in year 2 (but at that point no one knew how bad covid would be).

To me, 5 years rewards loyalty better than 3 years but I see pros/cons of both. Had we had a normal season then I’d have had no complaints if 2 years had fell away

The big issue is we have all paid into this and nobody knows exactly how it will work.

We’ll get hit with spiel like it’s “dynamic” and a “work in progress” however that’s just corporate speak for it being made up as they go along

The fact the club let fans renew membership and pay £ for a scheme that they haven’t decided how it’ll work is a disgrace tbh

Last seasons points criteria was
Gold: 1401-1556 Points
There are now people on 1800+ points.
People may be on 1800 but their points will reduce if it reverts to a 3 year rolling points system and not the current 5

Like it or lump it the points must drop off or it is effectively what many suggested a closed shop. You can't expect people further down the table aren't allowed to catch up.

Everyone has shown the same loyalty this year and the rules around the rolling total were set yes we haven’t been able to use it but to keep the integrity of the membership scheme it would be unfair to put a young fan for example another year behind from catching up.

With the travel club being replaced by this scheme,looks like it means you will no longer be able to book trips as soon as draw is made( with the knowledge that your loyal support meant you knew you would get a ticket) as even in the top tier you may not get a ticket the way they divvy them up?

Like it or lump it the points must drop off or it is effectively what many suggested a closed shop. You can't expect people further down the table aren't allowed to catch up.

Everyone has shown the same loyalty this year and the rules around the rolling total were set yes we haven’t been able to use it but to keep the integrity of the membership scheme it would be unfair to put a young fan for example another year behind from catching up.
The point is though that the points shouldn’t be dropping off after the first test of the scheme where people haven’t been able to show their loyalty by buying tickets etc

Last edited:
I have just enrolled in MyGers for first time this season- have signed up to all home and away schemes excluding travel club and never refused a ticket - never took £25 voucher last season- any idea what points total I should be looking at

You’re really not grasping the argument for people saying it shouldn’t revert to 3 years

Fans were rightly placed in Gold/Silver/Bronze based on their loyalty for 5 seasons. This season there’s been little to differentiate fans - programmes/watch along/woman’s games/Galatasaray match amount to approx 20 points

Additional purchases this season isn’t comparable to 2 years worth of STs, home CCCS, Home friendlies and following the club away/hampden games.

Points should only be dropping off after a “normal” season where fans can actually buy match tickets/go on stadium tours etc. Having it as 6 years for one season isn’t a closed shop in the slightest and it ensures the integrity of rewarding loyalty is upheld

Points should drop off, correct, but not for next season. Since MyGers was created, nobody has been able to use it.

For the start of season 2022/2023 the year that was meant to fall off for this coming season should then go. Madness to suggest otherwise.

The point is thought that the points shouldn’t be dropping off after the first test of the scheme where people haven’t been able to show their loyalty by buying tickets etc
I think everyone who paid for a season ticket and membership for this current season and whatever else they may have purchased have shown enough loyalty if it doesn't come down the people at the top are the only winners

I think everyone who paid for a season ticket and membership for this current season and whatever else they may have purchased have shown enough loyalty if it doesn't come down the people at the top are the only winners

Yes, and this years accumulated points should be added to the number of points they started on at the start of 20/21 - problem solved

The point is though that the points shouldn’t be dropping off after the first test of the scheme where people haven’t been able to show their loyalty by buying tickets etc
Any time this has been discussed the SLO and others are always banging the drum that it is not just a ticket scheme it is a lot more and most of that has still been available. As such if they are still going down that line then a season has to drop off although it would make sense to keep it at 5 for another season rather than go down to 3 this season.

Given past history they will do what they want though and keep making it up as they go along. Loyalty won't come into it, it will be whatever makes the most money.

Any time this has been discussed the SLO and others are always banging the drum that it is not just a ticket scheme it is a lot more and most of that has still been available. As such if they are still going down that line then a season has to drop off although it would make sense to keep it at 5 for another season rather than go down to 3 this season.

Given past history they will do what they want though and keep making it up as they go along. Loyalty won't come into it, it will be whatever makes the most money.

Loads of people staying silent on it just now as it’s not clear how it’s going to work

There’ll be an uproar when the penny drops if it’s changed to 3 years for the start of next season

Loads of people staying silent on it just now as it’s not clear how it’s going to work

There’ll be an uproar when the penny drops if it’s changed to 3 years for the start of next season
That would be a laugh if they tried that. I've no interest in away games, finals or semis so not overly bothered. I only joined this year again for euro aways

Keeping it at 5 for another season with 1 year dropping off could be a fairer way to do it if you wanted to meet in the middle. But just deciding to make it 6 years isn't the way to go imo

Who from the people who feel entitled?

Who from the people who feel entitled?

Not entitled no but it’s hardly fair for reasons I’ve mentioned throughout the thread

I agree with your point above though, middle ground could be 15/16 dropping off, 20/21 added in, having it as 5 years for one more season

Points should drop off, correct, but not for next season. Since MyGers was created, nobody has been able to use it.

For the start of season 2022/2023 the year that was meant to fall off for this coming season should then go. Madness to suggest otherwise.
I don’t think it should ever drop to 3 years tbh

Currently 5 seasons, was meant to go to 3 seasons. What’s the betting they settle on 4 seasons and then dropping down to 3 seasons a year later than planned?

Not entitled no but it’s hardly fair for reasons I’ve mentioned throughout the thread

I agree with your point above though, middle ground could be 15/16 dropping off, 20/21 added in, having it as 5 years for one more season
I'd have no problem with that whatsoever I see it from both sides but you have to allow people the chance to catch up especially the kids who may have invested whatever money they can on things like RTV to give themselves the best possible chance of climbing the tiers

Wasn't there talk of creating extra tiers as there are loads on the bronze?

Personally I think a rolling 5 seasons is fair.

Back