Mygers points being updated

The whole system isn't fit for purpose. It divides those who can afford it and those who cannot. I appreciate that it brings in cash, but it causes so many issues with supporter in fighting. These "fan focus" groups. Who all goes? Is it primarily Gold? Turkeys don't vote for Christmas. If you are top Gold you are safe.
Look at Blackpool. This will be point harvesting and whilst it's only 1 point, the principle is the same. Folk won't go but simply hand the ticket to their RSC. Those who aren't anywhere near 1300 odd points, who want to go, can't be afforded the opportunity.
For friendlies,like this it should have been a ballot.
FWIW, and for those of us that were in Seville, there were folk who don't regularly go away from home in the league, but because of the MyGers they got a ticket.
not been invited to one since we first started speaking about it

but did have a zoom call though but prefer face-face

Last edited:
The whole system isn't fit for purpose. It divides those who can afford it and those who cannot. I appreciate that it brings in cash, but it causes so many issues with supporter in fighting. These "fan focus" groups. Who all goes? Is it primarily Gold? Turkeys don't vote for Christmas. If you are top Gold you are safe.
Look at Blackpool. This will be point harvesting and whilst it's only 1 point, the principle is the same. Folk won't go but simply hand the ticket to their RSC. Those who aren't anywhere near 1300 odd points, who want to go, can't be afforded the opportunity.
FWIW, and for those of us that were in Seville, there were folk who don't regularly go away from home in the league, but because of the MyGers they got a ticket.
The majority of people high in gold are there not just because of the add-ons but because they go to practically every match. Which costs money. The majority of those on lower points, under 1300 in this case, are there because they don’t. Why should there be a ballot to suit those who are selective in their matches?

There's a lot of things I don't necessarily like about mygers. However it might not be the worst idea having points for lotto or rising stars. Surely if all else is if all equal then the guy who spends 20 quid or whatever a month on these things should be ahead of the guy who doesn't?

*I personally don't buy them so wouldn't benefit. Though if points were available I probably would. But wait a minute, I don't agree with having to do that so I'm arguing with my own point :D
Maybe the guy who doesn’t buy 20 quids worth a month can't afford it, especially in these difficult times. Some folk have stretched their finances just to be able to buy a season ticket and simply can't afford lotto tickets or buy programmes that they don't even read just to get the points.

I get that it's all about how best to reward loyalty and the club maximising its income, but MyGers just seems to have become a money making racket best suited to those with deep pckets. However, like you mate, I'm not sure of any other way to reward our loyal fans in a fair way to each and every supporter, probably an impossibility to please all.

Last edited:
Maybe the guy who doesn’t buy 20 quids worth a month can't afford it, especially in these difficult times. Some folk have stretched their finances just to be able to buy a season ticket and simply can't afford lotto tickets or buy programmes that they don't even read just to get the points.

I get that it's all about how best to reward loyalty and the club maximising its income, but MyGers just seems to have become a money making racket best suited to these with deep pckets. However, like you mate, I'm not sure of any other way to reward our loyal fans in a fair way to each and every supporter, probably an impossibility to please all.
It’s a Ponzi scheme

The club did benefit from CCCS as there are some who pick and choose what games they go to. Even later Euro games this season I had people round about me who weren’t the usual people.
Exactly no way over 40000 would go to Dunfermline or Stirling Albion on a Friday night if it wasn’t for the CCCS.

They go against their T&C's and they are liable to pay back anyone who wants a refund.

The only folk moaning are those who dont travel. If you go everywhere you will still be in gold.

Some do go everywhere domestically at least and won't move up as they only get about 4 tickets a season so the rest are picked up on here, Twitter etc

The majority of people high in gold are there not just because of the add-ons but because they go to practically every match. Which costs money. The majority of those on lower points, under 1300 in this case, are there because they don’t. Why should there be a ballot to suit those who are selective in their matches?
I'm not disagreeing with your point, but those under that threshold can't get a ticket to get higher up the tree so to speak. Does that mean that they have to buy EH and RTV which still won't be enough? It should be a fairer scheme. It only serves the highest of pointers.

I'm not disagreeing with your point, but those under that threshold can't get a ticket to get higher up the tree so to speak. Does that mean that they have to buy EH and RTV which still won't be enough? It should be a fairer scheme. It only serves the highest of pointers.

Got to agree. Not missed a game domestically home or away in last 4 seasons that I could get a ticket for. If everyone above me does the same then there is no way of climbing up unless I buy lots of extras.

If you get a ticket and you can't make the game you will just take the ticket and pass it on to get the points. Only way to sort this is every club using QR codes and we were to use the UEFA system of transferring the ticket to someone else. That way those who use the ticket get rewarded. Can't see that happening though

Mine have went down a whack!

The thing I don't get is, it is no longer a loyalty scheme as such, I bought and went to all away games I got tickets for aswell as Lyon, Dortmund, Liepzig, Braga and EL final last season, and I know a guy who never done any of that, but by buying the EH package and RTV, is now 30 points away from me :D

It is clearly being designed to not be for the ticket benefit, but for pushing the more expensive club merchandising and that is wrong IMO.

I disagree as I’ve went from 800 at start to nearly 1700 now . The only bit that’s wrong is not getting points for applying for European away games if unsuccessful .

I disagree as I’ve went from 800 at start to nearly 1700 now . The only bit that’s wrong is not getting points for applying for European away games if unsuccessful .
Is that even possible ? As you wouldn’t have had access to most European aways .

It’s a Ponzi scheme
You might be unhappy about it
But that description is about as inarticulate as it is possible to be, it's not even in the same ball park.
Ponzi is about paying "investors" with money brought in from other "investors"

The reality is the majority of the people I know are getting tickets for Hampden and got tickets for Europe so all in all are pretty happy with it.

For years on here people asked for a member scheme to put additional funds into the club, we now have one.
Should they have kept the travel club? Probably
Should the run two schemes? Probably not, and you can understand why

You have went up 900 points??? I'm genuinely interested in how you managed this.

But that description is about as inarticulate as it is possible to be, it's not even in the same ball park.

The reality is the majority of the people I know are getting tickets for Hampden and got tickets for Europe so all in all are pretty happy with it.

For years on here people asked for a member scheme to put additional funds into the club, we now have one.

Mygers is about raking in as much £ as possible on false promises, robbing bronze members to distribute tickets to gold etc

To be fair with the amount of money we spend following Rangers were entitled to our feedback on the scheme, it's been branded a loyalty scheme and let's be honest it's far from it.

I have no issue with the membership scheme itself, I have issues with how it's run, I believe it could be alot better than what it is, I agree on Hampden tickets it's better for that rather than a random ballot.

European away has been my main problem with the scheme since it started but we just need to accept the travel club is gone and won't be coming back, there's absolutely no reason why the club can't take the feedback and make MyGers better.

Not getting 15 points for Frankfurt in the final has been my first complaint of the season, how can they keep making it up as they go along? I was in Seville because I've spent a fortune over the years to be in the position for a ticket, Rangers feel like they rewarded us or something, we earned the right to be there and I want 15 points for it.

To be fair with the amount of money we spend following Rangers were entitled to our feedback on the scheme, it's been branded a loyalty scheme and let's be honest it's far from it.

I have no issue with the membership scheme itself, I have issues with how it's run, I believe it could be alot better than what it is, I agree on Hampden tickets it's better for that rather than a random ballot.

European away has been my main problem with the scheme since it started but we just need to accept the travel club is gone and won't be coming back, there's absolutely no reason why the club can't take the feedback and make MyGers better.

Not getting 15 points for Frankfurt in the final has been my first complaint of the season, how can they keep making it up as they go along? I was in Seville because I've spent a fortune over the years to be in the position for a ticket, Rangers feel like they rewarded us or something, we earned the right to be there and I want 15 points for it.
Agree with just about everything you said mate
Particularly regards the points for the final, if that is the rule, 15 points, then dish them out. Set out the points now and stick with it, there is far to little direct contact from the club regarding MyGers would be my feedback

Though in general 15 points for a game is ludicrous, and I benefit from it.
CCCS should be awarded points, thats a commitment

Not sure what else i would change

Particularly regards the points for the final, if that is the rule, 15 points, then dish them out. Set out the points now and stick with it, there is far to little direct contact from the club regarding MyGers would be my feedback

Transparency and clear rules that don’t change during the season would alleviate the majority of the complaints about MyGers

They shit the bed constantly and change rules to appease people rather than running it how it was intended to be ran

If you’ve been a season ticket holder for 40 years why did you not get the 5 years history for MyGers?
Because there was a mix up with my season which was registered to my wife for some reason and they wouldn’t sort it although it was first pointed out by travel club who changed it to correct details Mygers answer was membership’s weren’t transferable.My wife doesn’t ever go to football unless it’s hospitality.

Last edited:

Totally agree there should be points given for CCCS and extra points for attending matches against clubs from lower divisions

Only way mygers will work if it’s based on tickets sales. TC are set out each year before renewal money has been takin. Them sending out emails asking what people think is better like 3 or 5 years is not what people are signing up for. Also this giving everyone the same points for applying and attending away matches is a joke. Until last week no one knew what we were getting for applying for every away match or just the 2 but happy to take our money then just decide what they think is best.

Set the TC at start of year and stick to them or just bin My£ers

It seems consistent though, you don't get points for a semi final or final v Celtic or away tickets v Celtic so for me the principle is you don't get points for games that pretty much every fan would kill for a ticket for. I'd imagine if you just missed the threshold for one of those games in no more you would be understandably annoyed that the people that just beat you to the ticket also got points for it meaning you were even less likely to be able to go to games like that in the future.
I say that as someone who doesn't go to enough matches to be near the threshold for those types of fixtures and I think it's fair enough that people more dedicated than me get those tickets. Just want to make it clear I'm not arguing out of self-interest

It seems consistent though, you don't get points for a semi final or final v Celtic or away tickets v Celtic so for me the principle is you don't get points for games that pretty much every fan would kill for a ticket for. I'd imagine if you just missed the threshold for one of those games in no more you would be understandably annoyed that the people that just beat you to the ticket also got points for it meaning you were even less likely to be able to go to games like that in the future.
I say that as someone who doesn't go to enough matches to be near the threshold for those types of fixtures and I think it's fair enough that people more dedicated than me get those tickets. Just want to make it clear I'm not arguing out of self-interest
Every single away game is oversubscribed so using that as your argument means that no away games should accrue points

All euro away games are over subscribed too, as are hampden games

Where do you draw the line?

Just about every domestic away fixture except St Johnstone and Livingston the demand exceeds the allocation of tickets.

Fair enough the Celtic ticket point situation was actually in the terms and conditions from the minute MyGers started but Seville was treated like a European away match so folk should be rewarded for it, afterall the official day trip cost £700/800? That's a hell of a lot of money.

The worrying thing is the only reason we know there's no points on offer for the Europa League final is because a poster on this forum emailed the ticket office, communication and customer service is absolutely terrible for every aspect of the club at the moment, if you had this level of customer service for your mobile/TV contracts etc you'd do a runner.

They take our support for granted.

Not strictly about MyGers but not worth it’s own thread

In the last 2 weeks I have tried to add a saved card 7 times. Each time I do it goes through and confirms, shows on there until I log out then disappears.

So frustrating as I don’t know if it is actually just now showing the card is saved for whatever reason or if it is genuinely just not saving

Anyone had similar issues?

In the last 2 weeks I have tried to add a saved card 7 times. Each time I do it goes through and confirms, shows on there until I log out then disappears.

So frustrating as I don’t know if it is actually just now showing the card is saved for whatever reason or if it is genuinely just not saving

Was like that all last season for me just doesn’t save it .

Have you tried putting in the new card, saving it and leaving it overnight? Long shot, but maybe the ‘system’ saves updates overnight.

Same happened to me on mobile, for card and CCCS options. Tried on laptop and it worked.

I get that it's all about how best to reward loyalty and the club maximising its income, but MyGers just seems to have become a money making racket best suited to those with deep pckets. However, like you mate, I'm not sure of any other way to reward our loyal fans in a fair way to each and every supporter, probably an impossibility to please all.
Or reward loyal customers that watched all the shit over the last 5-10 years, than people that have just followed the team in what may seem like the good old days, ie over the last few years

Perhaps it’s the word loyalty that needs removed from the mygers scheme, maybe that would make us moan less about it.

It’s also dividing fans, can see some of the comments on here towards others.. not the individuals fault if the club keep fleecing us, and one bear can afford things and the other can’t.. unfortunately it’s a business at the end of the day and they would take your last penny. (Harsh perhaps but 100# true).

So let’s not give out points for the games the glory hunters want to go to? A Rangers fan should want to go to every game. You don’t go to watch the opponents.

Every match is oversubscribed. Rules should not have been changed for Seville.

There are a large proportion of gold who go everywhere and will stay in gold because they travel and deserve to stay there.

There are a smaller proportion there because they ticked ccs, travel club and friendlies. They dont away and pass on the tickets to mates. They are the ones who will be scared from this.

So let’s not give out points for the games the glory hunters want to go to? A Rangers fan should want to go to every game. You don’t go to watch the opponents.

Every match is oversubscribed. Rules should not have been changed for Seville.
You dont help your point with glory hunters jibe.

Plenty would love to go every game but cant for many a reason (money, family, work etc).

Back