Mygers points being updated

Y
I have no idea what your on about mate?

As far as I know you get 120 points for a season ticket, then 5 points per additional match?
You know rightly what he's on about.

You are harping on about the money it cost's you to follow the team in Europe means you deserve the points. When some people will spend more than that travelling from various countries throughout the season to attend the home games.

Y

You are harping on about the money it cost's you to follow the team in Europe means you deserve the points. When some people will spend more than that travelling from various countries throughout the season to attend the home games.
I actually didn't, as it wasn't worded very well.

You get rewarded for attending Ibrox more than you do for attending European away matches so I'm not entirely sure what the issue is?

I believe there was 180 points available for home matches last season, league, domestic cup and Europa League and three friendlies.

Y

There’s an element of truth to what he’s saying but that shouldn’t be the reason for points to be awarded; they should be awarded as all Euro away games had points awarded and all were over subscribed

I initially said I wasn’t fussed about points, I still don’t care about the 15 for the final, but the reason is complete dogshite.

Same with Celtic semi/final being 0 points because it’s an indemand game. Literally every game away from Ibrox is oversubscribed and demand outweighs supply

Last edited by a moderator:
Not read the full thread yet so apologies if you’ve answered

@Greg Marshall can you explain how gold has over 500 more members in July 22, compared to April 22, when the overall membership number in mygers has dropped

Genuinely intrigued how these things are worked out

Not read the full thread yet so apologies if you’ve answered

@Greg Marshall can you explain how gold has over 500 more members in July 22, compared to April 22, when the overall membership number in mygers has dropped

Genuinely intrigued how these things are worked out
The club probably come up with what they think is a points level to be in gold based on how many are available, and all members above that are in, rather than a % of membership

The club probably come up with what they think is a points level to be in gold based on how many are available, and all members above that are in, rather than a % of membership
It isn’t a %, SLO has previously confirmed that to me

But how can they set it at just under 3000 in April and then set it at 3481 when there’s less members overall in the scheme?

Am I being stupid and missing something here?

But how can they set it at just under 3000 in April and then set it at 3481 when there’s less members overall in the scheme?

More people have now met the minimum threshold for points

Does it really matter? If there are 500 tickets then the top 500 people get them. If there are 4000 tickets then the top 4000 get them. You could call it pink, blue, purple, whatever. It’s all about the number you have at the end of the day?

Does it really matter? If there are 500 tickets then the top 500 people get them. If there are 4000 tickets then the top 4000 get them. You could call it pink, blue, purple, whatever. It’s all about the number you have at the end of the day?
That is not how it works for domestic aways

Domestic aways are a ballot between tiers, so ultimately now less tickets for gold members than 3 months ago

It’s top down for europe and hampden only

Fantastic news about the 5 years - I’m almost at 2000 points regular euro away loyal.

I understand members frustrations in Silver and Bronze wanting the 3 years, be plenty that have gold habits wanting to climb the tiers but this is the fairest way.

Plenty jumped on the euro band wagon last 3 years.

More people have now met the minimum threshold for points
The minimum point threshold was previously set to cap the number at a set number

That’s why it was reviewed quarterly. They are starting 22/23 with more members than gold than 3 months ago in April. They set the threshold cap in April to ensure it didn’t exceed 3000

Fantastic news about the 5 years - I’m almost at 2000 points regular euro away loyal.

I understand members frustrations in Silver and Bronze wanting the 3 years, be plenty that have gold habits wanting to climb the tiers but this is the fairest way.

The maximum points are around 1950

The criticism of the 15 points for euro aways is unfounded. Anyone who regularly spends hundreds on euro trips almost certainly goes to all home and most away games. These are the very people who should be rewarded for loyalty first and foremost.

Still in gold with a bit to spare. Have just bought my first house and I’m getting married next year so won’t be doing any Euro aways or buying any add-ons. See where I am this time next year.

Looks like I'll be in gold for the season with 1650, not fussed about aways I'll take what I get, my main reason for signing up to it was tickets for Hampden, anything else is a bonus

Fairest way for gold to get further and further away and means a closed shop so yes I'm sure your delighted

The criticism of the 15 points for euro aways is unfounded. Anyone who regularly spends hundreds on euro trips almost certainly goes to all home and most away games. These are the very people who should be rewarded for loyalty first and foremost.
The issue is that by and large only gold get the option of these tickets so can never be caught and others fans don't have the option to buy so it's a closed shop

The issue is that by and large only gold get the option of these tickets so can never be caught and others fans don't have the option to buy so it's a closed shop
For this reason alone, I firmly believe the club will remove TC from mygers or make it an add on (basically need to be a mygers member but then pay extra for TC games, with it being top down)

Is that the case though? I’m sure a few Euro away games were offered to Silver members last season.

I got Brondby, Lyon, Belgrade and Braga on silver last season, I dont believe Euro aways are a closed shop, a few trips dropped right down to bronze last season.

I do agree with Aww Skew, Euro aways should be separate like they used to be though.

No they don’t if there are 500 tickets around 300 tickets will go to players/staff/corporate
If there are 4000 tickets only roughly 2500 will go to MyGers due to players/staff/corporate

I got 6 away tickets last season and hibs was the only decent one , 2 of the 6 were in the second ballot , so if everybody took up their allocation I’d got 4 , in my opinion domestically gold means absolutely nothing
Although I liked your post and the reasoning behind your ticket allocations
Domestically being in gold got you 6 tickets to Rangers away games - the very same as me whereas under the old away CCCS I only got 3 tickets regularly - usually Livingston, St Johnstone, Hamilton and Kilmarnock with the very occasional Hibs or Hearts ticket thrown into the mix

This idea that those of us who attend Euro aways all the time are all rich and that’s the reason we can go is utter nonsense. I know boys who take insane routes to get there because that’s the only way they can afford it. We make sacrifices to attend these games. 4 trips in 9 weeks from Belgrade through Seville. The 1800 or so of us that did all 4 of them are the true heroes and it’s time to stop trying to piss on these guys.

Domestically - the away scheme is a shambles, I got 7 away tickets last year and only one Cat A. I know a bronze member who got TWO Cat As. So the stuff about it being a “closed shop” is nonsense.

Although I liked your post and the reasoning behind your ticket allocations
Domestically being in gold got you 6 tickets to Rangers away games - the very same as me whereas under the old away CCCS I only got 3 tickets regularly - usually Livingston, St Johnstone, Hamilton and Kilmarnock with the very occasional Hibs or Hearts ticket thrown into the mix
The old way wasn’t £40 a head mate and endless add ons with no relevance to going to the games

This idea that those of us who attend Euro aways all the time are all rich and that’s the reason we can go is utter nonsense. I know boys who take insane routes to get there because that’s the only way they can afford it. We make sacrifices to attend these games. 4 trips in 9 weeks from Belgrade through Seville. The 1800 or so of us that did all 4 of them are the true heroes and it’s time to stop trying to piss on these guys.

Domestically - the away scheme is a shambles, I got 7 away tickets last year and only one Cat A. I know a bronze member who got TWO Cat As. So the stuff about it being a “closed shop” is nonsense.
There's no way I'm buying a bronze member got two cat A games.

I got Brondby, Lyon, Belgrade and Braga on silver last season, I dont believe Euro aways are a closed shop, a few trips dropped right down to bronze last season.

I do agree with Aww Skew, Euro aways should be separate like they used to be though.
Dont think brondby dropped to silver did it?

The old way wasn’t £40 a head mate and endless add ons with no relevance to going to the games
If the old system was in play now everybody would probably get a maximum two tickets, given reduced allocations and massively increased demand.

Last season Silver averaged out at two tickets and Gold at five tickets. Put simply, Bronze sacrificed tickets to go to Gold. Given their buying patterns over the 5 year period that’s probably fair.

Lyon was a day or so before and after people being told they wouldnt be allowed in the country.

Brondby never dropped further than mid silver.

Belgrade again was a late drop but was enough time to book and Braga only dropped because the club got to allocate home end tickets that Braga sold the time before.

Travel club would be far better but it would stop a fair proportion of people in mygers buying needless things so unless the club offsets it with an additional cost can never see it come in.

I dont know anyone who is getting on at those who travel away all the time.

Some folk are frustrated at the club, my main issue is the folk who go nowhere but buy the tickets and resell to keep their points up. They dont resell their hampden or seville tickets though.

As @Aww Skew has regularly said they are now ripping the pish with these points for pounds promotions in what was supposed to be a loyalty scheme and I don’t disagree with this opinion- but unfortunately some will buy their way to the top simply because cash is king dressed up as loyalty in the business model that Rangers are pursuing.

My 5 year history has me in gold and Ultimately paying £40 has been good for me up till now regarding away tickets with very little in the way of extra purchases required.
I usually buy programmes at games and have done so long before the MyGers scheme started although I will now change to subscription programmes, instead of physically buying at games purely for the points - purchasing Rangers TV is an option I will keep until required to keep me in gold.
I see myself as a winner in the MyGers debate due to the number of away tickets now accessible to me simply by joining MyGers - domestically I got 6 away tickets plus 2 semi finals and a cup final ticket in the one season courtesy of MyGers gold - something that would have been a lottery in the old cccs ballots.

Mygers is a disgrace!!
Was in silver had 1021 points,
Email today to update me on mygers latest you now have 979 and in bronze.
So they’ve took 42 points off me n moved silver up to a minimum of 1070 points!!
Rangers are taking the f.u.kin pi55!!!

Mygers is a disgrace!!
Was in silver had 1021 points,
Email today to update me on mygers latest you now have 979 and in bronze.
So they’ve took 42 points off me n moved silver up to a minimum of 1070 points!!
Rangers are taking the f.u.kin pi55!!!
They’ve not “taken points off you”

Your purchase behavior is that you had more drop off than you earnt.

What is the difference from the start of last season to the start of this ?

Back