MyGers Points Update

I wouldn’t have known about the point available today unless I saw it on here. Doesn’t really matter as it’s only a point tbf.

Ive still not bought Rangers TV either. No real interest in watching it so will only buy it if I need the points going forward.

Not the easiest season to bring this out, been some uptake so it’s beneficial for the club however I can see loads of well made points being made. IMO it should go to a 3 year rolling period

the point I most agree with is the travel club should have been left alone, people who were in it would happily have paid to rejoin, keeps the travellers happy and extra money for the club

Haven’t read the whole thread but in shock after the first page.

“Money making scam”

Jesus fucking wept.

Rewards point scheme rewarding people parting with money shocker.
Spot on. Folk just like to moan. If I get a ticket for a game, great. If not, no big deal it’s not the end of the staunch world.

The club are absolutely right to reward fans who purchase games, merchandise etc

Mygers is and was a tax on away tickets.

The loyalty that is rewarded is spending money with Rangers - not loyalty by travelling to away games.

totally agree. Got my season ticket in bar72 2 years ago so been to every home game over last two years plus been to all cup away games at hampden etc. 8 away games in Europe and paid for two years upfront this year at around 3k and sitting in 645 points in bronze.
If at the end of next season I decide to leave club 72 for a regular season ticket I’ll be in the queue along with folk that go to one game a season for tickets
Yes that is reality, 3 of us shelled out for 2 years (works out the cheapest option) as we would have found it difficult to get 3 seats together anywhere else, just missed out on gold which I would have been if this years ticket had been added as it should have been

I don't fuss about gathering points but I do agree with this point in general if I take mine and the wife's situation into consideration. If we were to buy say the European qualifiers which we did on my season ticket, I got the points for it. I feel there should be a way as you do with match days where a family and friends connection is in place where if one buys it, then both tickets get the points. Maybe not friends as it would be open to abuse but surely easy to put in place if both tickets live at the same address?

Thoughts on this @Greg Marshall
What you need to do is both have MyGers and then when buying match tickets allocate a ticket to each individual account online by using the drop down box to allocate a ticket against each individual.
That way you would both get the same points.
That is how it is setup for friends and family,has been for sometime.

I made a post explaining that it’s something we need to be very careful with. We wouldn’t be looking to allow Merch to rack up hundreds of points and allow gaming of the system.

points from merch would be limited for sure. But the club is looking at it as the feedback has been strong on it as you can see from the numerous comments regarding it there is a demand there for it to be included.
It’s really just going to be a whoever has the most money scheme.

It’s really just going to be a whoever has the most money scheme.
No it won't, they have to get a balance between how much they can fleece you for and when people can't keep up so will drop out :))

Let's face it, we already have people considering buying multiple RTV subscriptions or women's games live to get points so families can all have the same number.

Back