MyGers Points Update

The fact they were offering a wedge of points for not taking your part refund for last season pretty much showed you what the scheme was all about.

That was essentially buying a batch of points for £30 and was absolutely fûck all to do with loyalty.

Was more than £30, think it was around £120 for 25 points worth

I'm dreading seeing MyGers in action when we're back at the football, next European away match is going to be absolute free for all.

Even worse when it changes to the rolling 3 year period and there won’t be much to differentiate people

The first year was meant to “reward” fans that had STs, been on CCCS and travelled in Europe from the season after the boycott

The SLO has essentially said earlier in this thread that “it’s something to be considered” as to whether it’s kept at the original 5 year basis for 1 season, when fans are eventually allowed to return

Even worse when it changes to the rolling 3 year period and there won’t be much to differentiate people

The first year was meant to “reward” fans that had STs, been on CCCS and travelled in Europe from the season after the boycott

The SLO has essentially said earlier in this thread that “it’s something to be considered” as to whether it’s kept at the original 5 year basis for 1 season, when fans are eventually allowed to return
It's embarrassing it's labelled a loyality scheme, I had 10 travel club points and I just made silver, the concerns were raised on the big thread about scrapping the travel and they fell on deaf ears, the club are only interested in milking the fans for as much as they can, they're proving it by offering MyGers points for woman's football, no disrespect to the ladies team I've zero interest in them and I'm certain 99% of the rest of the season ticket holders feel the same way.

Qualifiers will be fine. Group stage will be a disaster haha
Absolutely mate, imagine drawing Real Madrid in the Europa League (for example) you'll have guys who have been going for years missing out to someone who's never been, it's not a loyality scheme.

Guess I'll worry about it when a a covid vaccine gets rolled out haha.

Absolutely mate, imagine drawing Real Madrid in the Europa League (for example) you'll have guys who have been going for years missing out to someone who's never been, it's not a loyality scheme.

It was never a loyalty scheme mate. Aye I’m the same worry when it happens, funnily my mums got her vaccine on Tuesday but she’s NHS I suppose

I'm dreading seeing MyGers in action when we're back at the football, next European away match is going to be absolute free for all.

Ultimately it depends on how they run it.

I imagine they might ignore the gold, silver and bronze settings and invite applications for fans on a certain number of points and give them a window to apply. After that, offer it up to the next group of fans, etc. Repeat until the allocation is sold out. To me, that would be the fairest and logical way of doing it!

The issue is that there's still a bit of ambiguity about how European and cup final tickets will be allocated. My understanding is that for away games in the league a portion of gold, silver and bronze will be allowed to apply, with your tier determining your chance of success. I don't think there's been any indication as to whether that will be the case for other games.

My own view of MyGers is that your loyalty throughout the season is rewarded with a cup final ticket, etc. but if they run it in the cup like they do in the league, and it's a free for all, then there's no point in being gold if your chances of staying in the gold tier come down to how quick you are on the internet or phone.

I'm in favour of a loyalty scheme. I remember going everywhere domestically in 07/08 and one of only a handful of games in Britain I missed that year was the UEFA Cup Final. The guys in my row at Ibrox all got tickets (it went to a CCCS ballot after the travel club) and they barely even turned up to home games. Gutted me. Especially as my mate got one who literally have up his ST that year cos he barely made games and hasn't been to a game since.

But the loyalty is to the men's team. If points are being awarded for watching a womens game then they should get you priority for women's games in the future.

The scheme should ensure the guys and girls who go to the games are rewarded when the big games come around. Not someone jumping in front of someone else cos they watched a woman's game. And same goes for merchandise. It should reward attendance not who has the most money to buy shite out the shop. End up with people who go to the games missing out on finals to people who don't go but have every Tom, dick and Harry putting purchases at the shop through their membership.

I’m sure plenty of those same folk were happy to take their 5 points for buying the Galatasaray match though
I’m sure plenty of those same folk were happy to take their 5 points for buying the Galatasaray match though.
Come on, it’s not the same situation. I paid for the Galatasaray game and was happy to take the points as it’s the men’s team. No disrespect to the women’s team.
I’m currently on 1400 points.

Gold tier starts at 1401.

if you think I’m paying £3.50 to get 1 point for tomorrow’s ladies game, you are absolutely correct
I don’t know if you’re being serious or not but if you are then good on you for getting into the gold tier. You’ll have a better chance of a cup final ticket.

On the other hand it’s a disgrace you’ve made it into gold thanks to a point earned on wumnins fitbaw!!

Women’s football is a completely different sport

this is a terrible idea and should be scrapped as an experiment that didn’t work

Nobody gives a shit about woman’s football, this is just an exercise to see how easy it is to sell MyGers points.

£3.50 for 1 point, madness and I’ll bet plenty have paid it.

The SLO is on Twitter defending the decision stating the woman’s team are a big part of the club.

It’s now turning into a money making scheme.

It should be about rewarding loyalty by attending games and SUPPORTING the team not by how much money you spend and I say that as a gold tier member.

Every point based loyalty scheme in any realm of business is designed to drive money into the company doing it.

I am surprised people are still surprised by it.

Look at the accounts, we need to drive as much income as possible if we want this calibre of manager and improving on the pitch.

Can someone please remind me when the points went live? I changed my RTV from monthly to annual and I’m sure it was after the first points count came out and there was a deadline to get more points for RTV being an annual sub. Ticket office trying to say my points were included for it in original count but I’m sure what they are saying is pish.

Can someone please remind me when the points went live? I changed my RTV from monthly to annual and I’m sure it was after the first points count came out and there was a deadline to get more points for RTV being an annual sub. Ticket office trying to say my points were included for it in original count but I’m sure what they are saying is pish.
Original MyGers live email received on 16th July.

Email mygers@rangers.co.uk. RTV points are done in batches as it’s a manual points update (one of the reasons why they wanted it to be annual subs only)

the next update is due in the next week or so I think but will chase on Monday.

Come on, it’s not the same situation. I paid for the Galatasaray game and was happy to take the points as it’s the men’s team. No disrespect to the women’s team.

I don’t know if you’re being serious or not but if you are then good on you for getting into the gold tier. You’ll have a better chance of a cup final ticket.

On the other hand it’s a disgrace you’ve made it into gold thanks to a point earned on wumnins fitbaw!!

100% genuine mate although I’d expect it the thresholds to be reviewed

I am glad I don't go to cup games or away games any more as I couldn't be arsed with the desperation to buy things to move up tiers for better chance of briefs etc.

Qualifiers will be fine. Group stage will be a disaster haha
Wait until there's 20000 of us trying to get a ticket for tynecastle mate, the system couldn't cope with a couple of thousand trying to get into the shop early, it'll be a fucking shambles, especially those of us trying to get a ticket for our kid too.

Wait until there's 20000 of us trying to get a ticket for tynecastle mate, the system couldn't cope with a couple of thousand trying to get into the shop early, it'll be a fucking shambles, especially those of us trying to get a ticket for our kid too.
Be a disaster mate, I’ll have my bus to fall back on but even then our allocation is that poor we struggle for members on top points! & my mate has given up hospitality so that’s that route away

This is an utter disgrace.

Don’t even get me started on the travel club issue either.

paid the fans lip service then totally ignored their concerns and fears in regards the travel club , the fans have done up like a proverbial kipper

Crazy that the SLO is saying on Twitter they are looking at adding MyGers points to merchandise. People that can afford to spend 100s on strips jump to the front of the queue for tickets?

I’m currently on 1400 points.

Gold tier starts at 1401.

if you think I’m paying £3.50 to get 1 point for tomorrow’s ladies game, you are absolutely correct

go ahead what makes you think that 1 point will propel into the 500 bracket or whatever is in the top tier , in theory i'd guess the bottom 50 in gold tier have done something to purchase or get 1 point you'll stay where you are as not everyone can get into the gold tier

every decision is made they hold " fans meetings " fans attend and air what they see as problems those from Rangers in attendance say " yes we take note of that " then ignore it , cat was out the bag at the fans meetings when almost to a person who attended brought up the " travel club " and nothing was done in protecting those who had attended trips abroad previously ............

Crazy that the SLO is saying on Twitter they are looking at adding MyGers points to merchandise. People that can afford to spend 100s on strips jump to the front of the queue for tickets?

This would be a major concern to me.

The opportunities to acquire points should be fair and equal. I'd also argue that they should be strictly limited to match attendance.

I don't like the idea of offering points for a woman's game but everyone in MyGers has the chance to buy it. It's equitable and clear.

It's unfair to incentivise potentially unlimited and unchecked avenues of income.

The woman's match tomorrow does something similar, actually, since there will be thousands of fans in the membership who live with each other and so who don't need to buy it twice. I imagine something similar happened with the Gala game.

I

I agree mate get people on gold who never travel away usually that will want to go if we get a glamour tie

travel club should have been left as it was

every decision is made they hold " fans meetings " fans attend and air what they see as problems those from Rangers in attendance say " yes we take note of that " then ignore it , cat was out the bag at the fans meetings when almost to a person who attended brought up the " travel club " and nothing was done in protecting those who had attended trips abroad previously ............

To be fair, they took on board the feedback re the 15/16 season as fans that boycotted were unable to sign up to CCCS that season, so CCCS was only based on 4 years but 5 years ST history

I know the SLO has contributed to this thread, maybe he could respond to the concerns regarding it changing to 5 year rolling period to a 3 year rolling period when there’s been 0 away games we could buy tickets for

A £ is a £ to the club.

The club would prefer you spent £50 on a top than on an away ticket.

Not complicated.

20 points if you book covid vaccination through club partner :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I made a post explaining that it’s something we need to be very careful with. We wouldn’t be looking to allow Merch to rack up hundreds of points and allow gaming of the system.

points from merch would be limited for sure. But the club is looking at it as the feedback has been strong on it as you can see from the numerous comments regarding it there is a demand there for it to be included.

we have held many fans meetings on MyGers. It’s not correct that every decision is presented in those meetings.

some of the meetings had fans disagreeing with the general trend but the feedback from those meetings was fed back.

We are working on ramping up the MyGers fan engagement as it’s essential that fans help shape MyGers

For us in club72 it’s not been very fair, apart from the huge increase in season tickets, we sign up for MyGers then find out your points don’t count in the same way as other fans. There’s a hospitality MyGers scheme then you find out this years seasons ticket doesn’t even count!

we have held many fans meetings on MyGers. It’s not correct that every decision is presented in those meetings.

some of the meetings had fans disagreeing with the general trend but the feedback from those meetings was fed back.

We are working on ramping up the MyGers fan engagement as it’s essential that fans help shape MyGers
but i think its fair to say that the concerns off those in travel club have been born out in regards to what eventually happened

They need to address the imbalance of points caused for TV games when there are multiple MyGers members in the one household.

I don't fuss about gathering points but I do agree with this point in general if I take mine and the wife's situation into consideration. If we were to buy say the European qualifiers which we did on my season ticket, I got the points for it. I feel there should be a way as you do with match days where a family and friends connection is in place where if one buys it, then both tickets get the points. Maybe not friends as it would be open to abuse but surely easy to put in place if both tickets live at the same address?

Thoughts on this @Greg Marshall

I bought a right few quid worth of shares from Charles Greens pantomime performance a few years ago ... don’t sweat the mygers shenanigans

I don't fuss about gathering points but I do agree with this point in general if I take mine and the wife's situation into consideration. If we were to buy say the European qualifiers which we did on my season ticket, I got the points for it. I feel there should be a way as you do with match days where a family and friends connection is in place where if one buys it, then both tickets get the points. Maybe not friends as it would be open to abuse but surely easy to put in place if both tickets live at the same address?

Thoughts on this @Greg Marshall
I raised the friends and family issue at the meeting i was at as I have concerns about being able to get away tickets for myself and my son together, I've still not had an answer on whether we'll be able to buy away tickets together during the sales window.

I raised the friends and family issue at the meeting i was at as I have concerns about being able to get away tickets for myself and my son together, I've still not had an answer on whether we'll be able to buy away tickets together during the sales window.

Agreed mate. Like everything there will always be teething issues, but I would have assumed a family link for purchases to view in the house would have been something obvious if a good few members in the house are mygers members.

To me it looks like the club have thought, great, lets get an extra bit of cash from the fans without thinking through these potential issues and scenarios before launching it.

I agree with the membership idea, just feel some area not been properly thought through, this being an obvious one.

I took it out this season but in all honesty probably don’t need it. Stopped going to Away games and cup semi and finals. Europe away been to 68 so if it passes I can’t get to any more so be it.

For us in club72 it’s not been very fair, apart from the huge increase in season tickets, we sign up for MyGers then find out your points don’t count in the same way as other fans. There’s a hospitality MyGers scheme then you find out this years seasons ticket doesn’t even count!

totally agree. Got my season ticket in bar72 2 years ago so been to every home game over last two years plus been to all cup away games at hampden etc. 8 away games in Europe and paid for two years upfront this year at around 3k and sitting in 645 points in bronze.
If at the end of next season I decide to leave club 72 for a regular season ticket I’ll be in the queue along with folk that go to one game a season for tickets

Last edited:
Back