MyGers Thresholds/Away Ballots - October and January

Other clubs not cutting off their nose to spite their face would help. Watching the Aberdeen/Hibs games at home and seeing all the empty seats was maddening.
Giving us larger allocations and having fuller grounds can only help enhance Scottish Footballs reputation. SPFL should be increasing the minimum away crowds percentage.

Agree with everything you’ve said there.

It was just the questioning of Bronze members having the opportunity for Aberdeen tickets as opposed to them not having the opportunity at Hearts tickets that I didn’t agree with, as the club have previously said Celtic was the only exception to this.

As you’ve said, if they come out at the beginning of the season and say ‘any allocation below X will be balloted to Gold members only’ I don’t think anybody can complain and they then have a clear strategy which people can either sign up to or not.
Of course, I get that. My post was purely to make the point that they changed the goalposts with Hearts but not Aberdeen, so what’s the cut off in terms of an allocation whereby it is merely gold only?

The club needs to clear that aspect up in my opinion

Other clubs not cutting off their nose to spite their face would help. Watching the Aberdeen/Hibs games at home and seeing all the empty seats was maddening.
Aberdeen riled me up. We got 300 tickets at the fence side of our allocation taken away for segregation purposes but they’ve got sections of spare seats in their upper section

Why not relocate people from the section beside our fans and give us an extra 300 tickets at £30 a pop. Better still, there’s room to give us an Celtic even more which is the difference of a first team player for them

Always feel the people that say closed shop either weren’t in it or didn’t properly understand how it worked.

It might’ve had that feel since those on top points tended to go everywhere and had done for years but one look at the make up of our euro support shows there’s a load of younger fans that went

I was in the TC for as long as I can remember. It got to the stage they no longer accepted my original passport photo to go on it as I’d aged that much.

If the top 1,000 in the old TC continued going to every game no one else was getting in it (getting tickets) for what was it a 5 year rolling period. As obviously those unsuccessful still got a point, Back then there wasn’t as many qualifiers and our participation was generally not that many games. So getting in to double figures to start with was hard.

How much more of a closed shop is that ?

It would be the equivalent of MyGers top down from Gold only, same folk getting for everywhere, think that is what a few folk on here are looking for to be honest, rather than just accept we are all entitled to an equal proportion whether it’s only 7 or so aways a season.

It worked easily but became a closed shop.

TC for some is the equivalent of Silver and Bronze MyGers but half the price, some paid £20 per season to get nothing.

What £ made on official day trips is not made now ? Same with indirect income ? I don’t follow ?
It wasn't a closed shop

You could literally get a ticket for any of the qualifiers

Big game hunters thought they could just pay their joining fee and that would get them a Vienna ticket or Feyenoord etc

Threads kinda derailed but has anyone heard anything official about that ross county email from the ticket office?

Aberdeen riled me up. We got 300 tickets at the fence side of our allocation taken away for segregation purposes but they’ve got sections of spare seats in their upper section

Why not relocate people from the section beside our fans and give us an extra 300 tickets at £30 a pop. Better still, there’s room to give us an Celtic even more which is the difference of a first team player for them

To be fair Aberdeen is our own fault, the last time I was there was the game the clown fired a glass vodka bottle over the fence in to the home end.

I get your sentiment though. The home sections of Easter Road were not even half full at our recent visit.

St Mirren moved fans to accommodate us and give us a bigger allocation, they got stick from their fans.

Most would rather see empty seats that give us bigger allocations.

To be fair Aberdeen is our own fault, the last time I was there was the game the clown fired a glass vodka bottle over the fence in to the home end.

I get your sentiment though. The home sections of Easter Road were not even half full at our recent visit.

St Mirren moved fans to accommodate us and give us a bigger allocation, they got stick from their fans.

Most would rather see empty seats that give us bigger allocations.
The throwing of missiles went both ways seats bottles coins you name it anyone that’s been near the fence knows that so hardly only our fault .

I was in the TC for as long as I can remember. It got to the stage they no longer accepted my original passport photo to go on it as I’d aged that much.

If the top 1,000 in the old TC continued going to every game no one else was getting in it (getting tickets) for what was it a 5 year rolling period. As obviously those unsuccessful still got a point, Back then there wasn’t as many qualifiers and our participation was generally not that many games. So getting in to double figures to start with was hard.

How much more of a closed shop is that ?

It would be the equivalent of MyGers top down from Gold only, same folk getting for everywhere, think that is what a few folk on here are looking for to be honest, rather than just accept we are all entitled to an equal proportion whether it’s only 7 or so aways a season.

We got the points for applying if unsuccessful though which made a difference and most venues we got more than 1000.

You’ll know yourself being in it for so long roughly how many points you needed to get a ticket for certain games.

Looking at the bigger recent games Feyenoord went down to 2 points, Braga was 4 (but everyone that travelled was fortunate enough to get one at the ground anyway)

This was after the Vienna season as well where there was 7 points on offer plus historic points from pre-2012 (sure some of them carried over)

That is hardly closed shop material.

The issue we have now is that silver/bronze don’t get points for applying so golds pull further away with their 15 points a game whether they go or buy and sell. So in my opinion makes it a closed shop for the future.

It wasn't a closed shop

You could literally get a ticket for any of the qualifiers

Big game hunters thought they could just pay their joining fee and that would get them a Vienna ticket or Feyenoord etc
We got the points for applying if unsuccessful though which made a difference and most venues we got more than 1000.

You’ll know yourself being in it for so long roughly how many points you needed to get a ticket for certain games.

Looking at the bigger recent games Feyenoord went down to 2 points, Braga was 4 (but everyone that travelled was fortunate enough to get one at the ground anyway)

This was after the Vienna season as well where there was 7 points on offer plus historic points from pre-2012 (sure some of them carried over)

That is hardly closed shop material.

The issue we have now is that silver/bronze don’t get points for applying so golds pull further away with their 15 points a game whether they go or buy and sell. So in my opinion makes it a closed shop for the future.

The definition of a closed shop is essentially something restricted to a small group, you can only get in when a space becomes available. I am pretty sure there was folk didn’t get Progres first time round or Maribor in 18/19

We got decent allocations both Feyenoord and Braga, but look at the amount who never got Porto with a decent allocation.

Another poster commented on it, big game hunters. Folk bang on about loyalty. How many tickets for Celtic at Ibrox do you see on the TO in here. There must be around 50 for tonight’s game, 11 by the same poster, I am presuming this is a RSC same as the others with multiples.

imagine an opposing team telling Rangers how to distribute tickets at Ibrox ?

the reason Aberdeen can't relocate fans is because they have more season ticket holders in the south stand in sections S & T ( sections previously used in Rangers/tims games ) than they can relocate within the south stand which is what they used to do , in regards to the 300 seats lost due to segregation can you imagine if Rangers took the hit in our segregation plans ??

ps , yes the home sides are cutting off their noses to spite their face and they know this and are willing to accept that loss but Hibs started this in the playoffs in the championship where they rather only have 1400-1600 Rangers fans cheering on their team rather than 3400 (Hibs ) and 4400 ( Sheep) old allocations

The definition of a closed shop is essentially something restricted to a small group, you can only get in when a space becomes available. I am pretty sure there was folk didn’t get Progres first time round or Maribor in 18/19

We got decent allocations both Feyenoord and Braga, but look at the amount who never got Porto with a decent allocation.

Another poster commented on it, big game hunters. Folk bang on about loyalty. How many tickets for Celtic at Ibrox do you see on the TO in here. There must be around 50 for tonight’s game, 11 by the same poster, I am presuming this is a RSC same as the others with multiples.

You’re right but those unsuccessful still got the point which stood them in better stead for future games.

If you applied for every game and went to every one you were allocated you would eventually catch up with the top points due to the rolling period so can’t see how that is a closed shop.

Porto went to 0 points.

Agree re last point.

It was 2 years plus current and it didn't matter if those above you bought everything as their points dropped off. The only way you couldn't get to the top was if you didn't go to the games.

If everyone went to all the games then they would all be on maximum points so it would be a ballot and those who lost out got a point anyway so stayed on maximum.

Any official update from the club yet? Now relevant that Annan emails are out
Looks like this will be done before Utd. With a similar, if not smaller, allocation to county. Gold only? X amount of registrations? Or just going to 0-3 pointers again and those wanting to go all season miss out.

Looks like this will be done before Utd. With a similar, if not smaller, allocation to county. Gold only? X amount of registrations? Or just going to 0-3 pointers again and those wanting to go all season miss out.
@Greg Marshall I know you’ve been tagged in about 1872 messages on this thread, do you have an answer to what happened with the ross county ballot based on that email?

Has there been any official response from the club yet?

Know of golds that have been successful for Ross county and Dundee Utd now

But the club maintaining there’s been no mistake or change. Can they explain how it can be the case?

Back