MyGers Thresholds/Away Ballots - October and January

mygers should be scrapped, everyone pays enough money for a season ticket to be entitled to apply for any game they want… I personally hardly missed an away game up until 2012 , I’m a bit older now and personally wouldn’t give those bastards the money to listen to “ you’re deed “ pish…. Every season ticket holder should be entitled to apply regardless… just my opinion of course… I read a post about non regulars getting tickets for games and saying to someone that’s my seat … I remember stuttgart away first time around , Rangers fans saying to other rangers fans that’s my seat , and basically got the shit kicked out of them for asking for their own seat, that was the worst I’ve ever seen…

mygers should be scrapped, everyone pays enough money for a season ticket to be entitled to apply for any game they want… I personally hardly missed an away game up until 2012 , I’m a bit older now and personally wouldn’t give those bastards the money to listen to “ you’re deed “ pish…. Every season ticket holder should be entitled to apply regardless… just my opinion of course… I read a post about non regulars getting tickets for games and saying to someone that’s my seat … I remember stuttgart away first time around , Rangers fans saying to other rangers fans that’s my seat , and basically got the shit kicked out of them for asking for their own seat, that was the worst I’ve ever seen…
Ignoring the “it’s my seat” talk. The first part of this is so, so, so wrong on so many levels in my opinion.

A season ticket for Ibrox
Should only count for Ibrox

Ignoring the “it’s my seat” talk. The first part of this is so, so, so wrong on so many levels in my opinion.
Ok , so why should someone who’s had a season ticket for like the last 60 years ( there is fans at Ibrox like that) not be allowed to apply for an away ticket, probably been to every ground in the country, hasn’t been to an away game for years, but maybe fancy’s a one of game in his twilight years… Obviously mygers isn’t an option, but the opportunity would be good… We’re all Rangers fans, season ticket holders regardless… You can explain why it’s so wrong if you want!

Ok , so why should someone who’s had a season ticket for like the last 60 years ( there is fans at Ibrox like that) not be allowed to apply for an away ticket, probably been to every ground in the country, hasn’t been to an away game for years, but maybe fancy’s a one of game in his twilight years… Obviously mygers isn’t an option, but the opportunity would be good… We’re all Rangers fans, season ticket holders regardless… You can explain why it’s so wrong if you want!

So guys that go week in week out, traipsing up to Dingwall at Midday and McDermaid Park on a Wednesday night may miss out on say Easter Rd or Tynecastle because someone fancies an away game? Nonsense

Right, let me put it this way. Someone like me who’s 19 hasn’t been able to follow his club in success until the last season. I’ve worked hard through the shite years to build up enough points to be in a position where I’m securing more than 1 in every 2 games. Say it was a free for all like is said. I go to near enough every shite game for 4/5 seasons and then it gets to the last game of the successful season, away from home and you get all the glory-hunting season ticket holders trying to get there hands on tickets. I miss out. We need a scheme to prevent that.

Threads taken a very weird turn :D

Anyway, I must say, with todays revelations I’m thoroughly looking forward to the Dundee United email which provides a breakdown of how many applicants there was for each tier

Golds on 0/1/2/3 getting tickets suggests there was an error somewhere or we’ve to believe there was golds that have only applied for their second or third away game haha

So there’s selection criteria for other games but golds can be getting 1st or 2nd ticket having applied for everything.

Hopefully there’s an admission there’s been a mistake when they identify what’s went wrong

Right, let me put it this way. Someone like me who’s 19 hasn’t been able to follow his club in success until the last season. I’ve worked hard through the shite years to build up enough points to be in a position where I’m securing more than 1 in every 2 games. Say it was a free for all like is said. I go to near enough every shite game for 4/5 seasons and then it gets to the last game of the successful season, away from home and you get all the glory-hunting season ticket holders trying to get there hands on tickets. I miss out. We need a scheme to prevent that.
so because you’re 19 , you deserve a ticket more than anyone else ffs … you’ve worked hard through the shite years to build up points, I get that … my point is every season ticket holder deserves a chance to apply for a ticket regardless, maybe they should base the mygers on season ticket loyalty over the years…

So guys that go week in week out, traipsing up to Dingwall at Midday and McDermaid Park on a Wednesday night may miss out on say Easter Rd or Tynecastle because someone fancies an away game? Nonsense
I’ve done the traipsing over the years, so I understand that… but it’s hardly nonsense…

so because you’re 19 , you deserve a ticket more than anyone else ffs … you’ve worked hard through the shite years to build up points, I get that … my point is every season ticket holder deserves a chance to apply for a ticket regardless, maybe they should base the mygers on season ticket loyalty over the years…
It is basically on a 5 year rolling period

That’ll be happening anyway + I suspect there’ll be a climb down about the TC

I could foresee TC being separated eventually, with ST holders expected to pay an extra £20 to join (either as a mygers add on or completely separate)

Sadly £50 extra doesn’t encourage the buying habits mygers has - only way it’ll get binned is if fans all agreed to boycott any additional purchases which will never happen
I agree that the travel club could and possibly should be separate from MyGers scheme - the potential loss of Euro away points from MyGers total would make it very interesting in the weekly away ticket threads as the 15 points per game are dropped off and almost everyone who attends all games are more or less on the same points total

He deserves a ticket because he’s been following the team over the last 6-10 years.

Unfortunately there just aren’t enough tickets going around for everyone that wants to go at the moment. Even more infuriating is that rarely are any of the grounds we go to full. Pettiness is the way of Scottish football these days.

Man Utd value transparency, Rangers don’t. That much is clear.

We’re told that Rangers value transparency and they want us to believe a junior level, customer services manager is somehow going to appease customers that are the lifeblood of the club. Yeah we’re reliant on hospitality customers but I’m pretty sure normal ST holders is the biggest source of income?

The club won’t ever release a proper breakdown because mygers is lower than 50% some games, RSCs no longer get 30%, club use % has rocketed up because they need more tickets for C72 and other hospitality punters

You say you think a lot is going to club use/players/hospitality. I can confirm that’s absolutely the case - for Aberdeen around 30% of the allocation went to club use but they try and hide it

They are hiding this from fans and misleading fans about ticket allocations.

See for Aberdeen, I’d love to know why any tickets went to Bronze considering the whole mygers allocation was only 700.
Very quick to talk about ‘changing the goalposts’ constantly, but seem confused about an away game being balloted to bronze members?

From the club’s own FAQ:
“In line with feedback received during the fans focus groups we will exempt league games at Parkhead from the hybrid model and only give fans that are in the gold tier an opportunity to buy.” No mention of Aberdeen.

Yes, they made an exception for the Hearts game and made those available to only Gold due to the smaller allocation…but if anything THAT was an example of them changing the goalposts. Absolutely nowhere and at no time have they said that an allocation below a certain threshold will not be balloted to any bronze members. They have been intent that Celtic would be the exception and would rightfully only be available to Gold members.

If you are going to talk about ‘changing the goalposts’, at least be consistent. Ah but that doesn’t suit your agenda does it…

He deserves a ticket because he’s been following the team over the last 6-10 years.

Unfortunately there just aren’t enough tickets going around for everyone that wants to go at the moment. Even more infuriating is that rarely are any of the grounds we go to full. Pettiness is the way of Scottish football these days.
Of course there isn’t enough tickets to go around, and that’s always been a problem… but he deserves a ticket because he’s been following the team for the last 6-10 years ffs absolute pish.. I went to Motherwell/Rangers October 89 , didn’t get a ticket, ended up in Hamilton cinema watching lethal weapon 2 with my mate … btw we got beat 1-0

Of course there isn’t enough tickets to go around, and that’s always been a problem… but he deserves a ticket because he’s been following the team for the last 6-10 years ffs absolute pish.. I went to Motherwell/Rangers October 89 , didn’t get a ticket, ended up in Hamilton cinema watching lethal weapon 2 with my mate … btw we got beat 1-0
The boy in you example is 19 so not even alive in your example ffs . The reason recent history ie five years should count is before Gerrard came in anyone could have any away they wanted . So those that did go should be first in line .Not a free for all when we’re successful on the pitch for those that suddenly want to go .

The boy in you example is 19 so not even alive in your example ffs . The reason recent history ie five years should count is before Gerrard came in anyone could have any away they wanted . So those that did go should be first in line .Not a free for all when we’re successful on the pitch for those that suddenly want to go .
The majority of the season ticket holders aren’t interested in going to away games, that’s pretty obvious tbf .. so the pre Gerrard years away games gives you the right to get a ticket these days lol … my example was highlighting the disappointment of not getting a ticket for games, these things happen, nothing to do with how old anyone is… I went to see lethal weapon 2 , I didn’t moan about other Rangers fans getting a ticket ahead of me…. Mygers is divisive…

The majority of the season ticket holders aren’t interested in going to away games, that’s pretty obvious tbf .. so the pre Gerrard years away games gives you the right to get a ticket these days lol … my example was highlighting the disappointment of not getting a ticket for games, these things happen, nothing to do with how old anyone is… I went to see lethal weapon 2 , I didn’t moan about other Rangers fans getting a ticket ahead of me…. Mygers is divisive…
Mygers is mainly only resented by those that previously enjoyed picking and choosing their games on the old CCS whereby someone that only fancies a handful of away games a season would get Celtic and possibly Hearts/Aberdeen

Whereas someone that goes week in week out wouldn’t get a difficult venue for tickets and would instead get your Kilmarnocks/Livingston etc

The new method is by far fairer

I'm gold as is my pal and we've had St Johnstone, Hibs, Dundee and Livvy so far which is double what we were getting each season previously.

Simply because fans that wish to go every week should have priority.

Your logic is Hibs etc should be entitled to 50% for cup finals. Why? Because they wanted to see their team before they died.

Well I go every week and want to see my team in a cup final .

Very quick to talk about ‘changing the goalposts’ constantly, but seem confused about an away game being balloted to bronze members?

From the club’s own FAQ:
“In line with feedback received during the fans focus groups we will exempt league games at Parkhead from the hybrid model and only give fans that are in the gold tier an opportunity to buy.” No mention of Aberdeen.

Yes, they made an exception for the Hearts game and made those available to only Gold due to the smaller allocation…but if anything THAT was an example of them changing the goalposts. Absolutely nowhere and at no time have they said that an allocation below a certain threshold will not be balloted to any bronze members. They have been intent that Celtic would be the exception and would rightfully only be available to Gold members.

If you are going to talk about ‘changing the goalposts’, at least be consistent. Ah but that doesn’t suit your agenda does it…
You’ve illustrated my point. They should have a set of rules they stick to, they mentioned Celtic being gold only but not hearts. They also didn’t mention anywhere at the time that europe would be top down

I’ve been consistent all along - the club aren’t clear on what the rules are and they shouldn’t be publishing rules at the start of the season and sticking to them

Hearts was exceptional circumstances given the allocation was cut dramatically but that’s why the club should’ve had a rule in place - any allocation of under X will be balloted between gold only. That meant, come hearts, that silvers/bronze didn’t kick off the way they did when the club sent the Hearts email out

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that the travel club could and possibly should be separate from MyGers scheme - the potential loss of Euro away points from MyGers total would make it very interesting in the weekly away ticket threads as the 15 points per game are dropped off and almost everyone who attends all games are more or less on the same points total
Disagree it should be separate now for many of reasons, but the outcry would be worse..

it’s the euro away points that hit most people high gold, therefore take them away and you wouldn’t be in gold (you would be on par with an awful lot more people that are in high silver) - then the moan would be , I go to euro aways and can’t get a ticket for Aberdeen, hearts etc….

The scheme doesn’t and will never meet everyone’s needs.

Disagree it should be separate now for many of reasons, but the outcry would be worse..

it’s the euro away points that hit most people high gold, therefore take them away and you wouldn’t be in gold (you would be on par with an awful lot more people that are in high silver) - then the moan would be , I go to euro aways and can’t get a ticket for Aberdeen, hearts etc….

The scheme doesn’t and will never meet everyone’s needs.
I’d be closer to the top without euro away games. Better still, change to a 3 year period and I’ll be less than a dozen off top points

I’m not bothered whether TC gets included or not

From the club’s own FAQ:

well said, too many people looking out for themselves which will only come back to bite.

Rules where made at the start before people ploughed their cash in - can’t just chop and change cause of who shouts the loudest.

Set the criteria and stick to it … (will be no my gers if away clubs could actually fill their stadiums with their own fans, and or punted tickets themselves). - I’m sure they see rangers are making >£1m by selling their tickets, and no doubt want a slice of the pie soon.

I’d be closer to the top without euro away games. Better still, change to a 3 year period and I’ll be less than a dozen off top points

I’m not bothered whether TC gets included or not
That’s ma point bud. (Am awful lot more people would be).

Would then be rangers tv, any othe shite bought which separates folk.

well said, too many people looking out for themselves which will only come back to bite.

Rules where made at the start before people ploughed their cash in - can’t just chop and change cause of who shouts the loudest.

Set the criteria and stick to it … (will be no my gers if away clubs could actually fill their stadiums with their own fans, and or punted tickets themselves). - I’m sure they see rangers are making >£1m by selling their tickets, and no doubt want a slice of the pie soon.
They did exactly that with the TC points changing from 5 to 15 (acting on feedback to appease people yet it caused more division between members)

I agree with your last point, set out the rules at the start of each season so people know what we’ve signed up for and then people can’t moan really. The problem is, the FAQs are honking, club staff give out wrong information constantly and actual members don’t really know the rules

Increased Transparency, which that message was about, helps to elevate the majority of fan complaints

It would actually be better to simplify the criteria for tiers - whatever points total you are on on 1st August determines what tier you are in for the full season- all points accrued during the season do not count until the season finishes.

By all means add the points at various stages throughout the season but do not alter the tiers you started on in August at the same time until the season actually finishes in May.

Technically by adding points and altering tiers during the season is not actually an accumulated 5 year points total but a 5 year and 3 - 6 and 9 months running total as the current seasons accumulated points are added through the season.

When adding points during the season - does points actually drop off to cover and maintain a true 5 year points tally?
For example - the 3 month points update in October does 3 months points gained from previous 5 year points total drop off.

It would actually be better to simplify the criteria for tiers - whatever points total you are on on 1st August determines what tier you are in for the season- all points accrued during the season do not count until the season finishes.

By all means add the points at various stages throughout the season but do not alter the tiers you started on in August at the same time until the season actually finishes in May.

Technically by adding points and altering tiers during the season is not actually an accumulated 5 year points total but a 5 year and 3 - 6 and 9 months running total.

When adding points during the season - does points actually drop off to cover and maintain a true 5 year points tally?
For example - the 3 month points update in October does 3 months points gained from previous 5 year points total drop off.
No, it’s as you say above - it starts off as 5 years, then it’s 5 years 3 months, 5 years 6 months, 5 years 9 months and then start of next season it goes to 5 years again, with a season dropping off

No, it’s as you say above - it starts off as 5 years, then it’s 5 years 3 months, 5 years 6 months, 5 years 9 months and then start of next season it goes to 5 years again, with a season dropping off
then before you know it turns into a shamble...........oh wait

So by the end of the season it is a 6 year running total you actually have until they drop a year off

But we were told the tiers you find yourself in would be determined and based on your 5 year purchase history points total

The didn’t say it would change through the season to 5 years 3 months, 5 years 6 months or 5 years 9 months purchase history points total

Last edited:
So by the end of the season it is a 6 year running total you actually have until they drop a year off

Yeah, assuming they do another points update in April time then it will essentially be a 6 year period then. Will then drop back to 5 year during the pre season update

Not quite, as the points from April to July aren’t added until the first season drops off

So next season, 16/17 will have dropped off and then April to July will be added in. 17/18 will then be classed as season one and the cycle continues

That’s unless it changes to a 3 year rolling period, in which case 19/20 will be the first season

I'm silver tier, registered for every away game and only been offered Livingston and even that was by error.

Farce.

Interesting views..it does seem like away games are becoming a closed shop for many even if they have been loyal.

I know the England supporters travel club, implement a caps (equivalent to mygers points) system for away game and major tournament ticket ballots

When you earn a cap (2 per game) it stays on your membership for 4 years. So if your loyal your guranteed to become a to "top capper" within 4 years. So not a closed shop for long.

I'm not sure that system would work for away Gers fans though, with the smaller away allocations

Interesting views..it does seem like away games are becoming a closed shop for many even if they have been loyal.

I know the England supporters travel club, implement a caps (equivalent to mygers points) system for away game and major tournament ticket ballots

When you earn a cap (2 per game) it stays on your membership for 4 years. So if your loyal your guranteed to become a to "top capper" within 4 years. So not a closed shop for long.

I'm not sure that system would work for away Gers fans though, with the smaller away allocations
those that keep going will maintain good cap numbers

know a few in England travel club

Easily one of the best posts I have ever read on here.

So someone who wants to commit to going every single week, potentially making sacrifices that you couldn’t imagine, but could miss out on a ticket to someone who just fancies their first away game in years. Your opinion is this is OK. My opinion is that’s it’s absolute nonsense.

What about someone like you (19) or even younger who`s just got their first season ticket?
They would take forever to progress from bronze the way that the points thresholds are continually changed upwards, unless they were in a fortunate financial position where they could spend large sums of money chalking up the additional points available . A massive part my life growing up was following Rangers away from home. Sadly I think there could be a generation that will miss out on that. It`s a closed shop imo.

The club would be potentially be losing a big chunk of the £1M a year that this scheme brings in if the members that are paying the most into it (number of Bronze/ sliver contributors that aren`t getting many or any away tickets ) Thought 'eff this £40/50 for maybe just maybe getting one ticket for an away game per season.
Sadly the fact is there will never be enough away tickets to satisfy the demand from our support will not change. But for this scheme to work people need to think that it isn`t just a cash grab from the club

So someone who wants to commit to going every single week, potentially making sacrifices that you couldn’t imagine, but could miss out on a ticket to someone who just fancies their first away game in years. Your opinion is this is OK. My opinion is that’s it’s absolute nonsense.
this especially

Post in thread 'Ross County'
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/ross-county.191314/post-10688394

So tickets went to Gold members on 0/1/2 tickets for Ross County, yet we’re led to believe that it was based on point totals before the January updates?

Either the email is wrong or the ballot wasn’t based on the Gold members’ points from October-December before the update

The only way gold members would’ve been on 0/1/2 would’ve been if they hadn’t applied for games. I’m really struggling to believe this now
Has anyone received a reply on the above email? Club made comment on it since the issues been brought to light?

What about someone like you (19) or even younger who`s just got their first season ticket?
They would take forever to progress from bronze the way that the points thresholds are continually changed upwards, unless they were in a fortunate financial position where they could spend large sums of money chalking up the additional points available . A massive part my life growing up was following Rangers away from home. Sadly I think there could be a generation that will miss out on that. It`s a closed shop imo.

The club would be potentially be losing a big chunk of the £1M a year that this scheme brings in if the members that are paying the most into it (number of Bronze/ sliver contributors that aren`t getting many or any away tickets ) Thought 'eff this £40/50 for maybe just maybe getting one ticket for an away game per season.
Sadly the fact is there will never be enough away tickets to satisfy the demand from our support will not change. But for this scheme to work people need to think that it isn`t just a cash grab from the club
It wouldn't take them forever, and remember the thresholds will not continually change upwards.

They will go up during the season as points are added on, and they will naturally come back down every summer as a year's worth of points drop off from 5 seasons ago.

So a new season ticket holder who ticks the box for all home games will accrue enough points over a 5 year period to be at least mid silver.

This is the main issue. Regardless of what schemes and methods the club use to allocate tickets supply will never meet demand

Back