MyGers Thresholds/Away Ballots - October and January

R

RobbenHood

As everyone is aware, we’ve just received the January 2022 mygers points update email from Rangers which includes all points accrued up until the start of January. On the 12th of January 2022 we received the registration email from the club for the 5 away games up until the split, with the first being Ross County on 29th January 2022.

I’m aware of a few individuals that received their registration email which had their tier as “Gold” however they’ve since received their point update email today which has their tier as “Silver”. Is there anyone else on here that this has happened to or is anyone aware of this issue?

A similar thing happened in October 2021 around the October points update, ultimately leading to some members moving from Silver to Gold in error. As a result, “Silver” members got tickets for St Mirren and/or Motherwell from the Gold ticket pool, only to end up being moved back to Silver once the thresholds were updated.

Does anyone have details on the breakdown of applications for the St Mirren/Motherwell games? Can anyone remember if the club made any comment about this issue?

I put this in one of the other threads but it’s probably more appropriate here since it’s on this topic rather than in the generic ‘slag the SLO’ one.:rolleyes:

From what I‘ve read on here - with folk in Silver being successful in the ballot and the notification saying they were in Gold - it seems obvious that, for the second time this season, the ballot has been done after points have been added but before the tier thresholds were updated. The consequence of that is that some at the top of Silver will have temporarily been classed as Gold during the ballot and then, mostly, will have fallen back into Silver following the threshold update.

Thats great for those who benefit but it’s not fair on those in Gold who may have missed out as a result. It’s also far from the correct way to run the scheme.

I’m not in MyGers so have no axe to grind but for this to happen twice in a season - indeed, for it to happen at all - cannot be right.

I put this in one of the other threads but it’s probably more appropriate here since it’s on this topic rather than in the generic ‘slag the SLO’ one.:rolleyes:

From what I‘ve read on here - with folk in Silver being successful in the ballot and the notification saying they were in Gold - it seems obvious that, for the second time this season, the ballot has been done after points have been added but before the tier thresholds were updated. The consequence of that is that some at the top of Silver will have temporarily been classed as Gold during the ballot and then, mostly, will have fallen back into Silver following the threshold update.

Thats great for those who benefit but it’s not fair on those in Gold who may have missed out as a result. It’s also far from the correct way to run the scheme.

I’m not in MyGers so have no axe to grind but for this to happen twice in a season - indeed, for it to happen at all - cannot be right.

Just to add, similar levels of embarrassment at Tynecastle and Pittodrie last year.

The group are utterly incompetent.

It’s indefensible. A £100m operation and they can’t suitable serve their customers.

Just to add, similar levels of embarrassment at Tynecastle and Pittodrie last year.

The group are utterly incompetent.

It’s indefensible. A £100m operation and they can’t suitable serve their customers.
Foresaid, I’m aware of that error but trying to establish facts around the MyGers shambles

I know @Super Ally was one of those that was impacted in Octobers update but I can’t remember the names of the other posters.

It would be interesting to see what has happened to them in Januarys update but also for them to confirm they received communications saying “Gold” in October only to then be relegated to “Silver” when the October update was finalised

I’ve been made aware that there was an issue in September 2021 whereby some members got the registration email for St Mirren that said their tier was “silver” but then in their successful email, allowing them to buy, it had their tier as “gold”. (The registration email was sent before points updates, the purchase email was before the thresholds were updated)

Just bumping this up, should’ve probably left this thread for today rather than posting last night

@Mrs_Prso and @Blue Light Loyal have said they’ve experienced similar issues. Anyone else experienced it or know of anyone else?

First I’ve seen of this thread so going to give it a bump. Still can’t believe that given the ticket office had the full winter break to do this they waited until we were back at games to update the points totals. Incompetence of the highest order.

I was gold for St Mirren and Motherwell registration then dropped back to Silver on the threshold changes

I jumped up to Gold for Ross County registration, but stayed there this time

Was only 5 short last time round, so Lyon and some programmes tipped me over the edge and into the “promised land”

Always ready to give @Aww Skew some mygers ammo

I was gold for St Mirren and Motherwell registration then dropped back to Silver on the threshold changes

I jumped up to Gold for Ross County registration, but stayed there this time

Was only 5 short last time round, so Lyon and some programmes tipped me over the edge and into the “promised land”
So that’s at least 5 people now that I’m aware have had similar issues.

How can the club get it so wrong. The chat is they’re denying the sentence in bold ever happened, point blank denying any knowledge of it :D

Would be helpful if more people could confirm it happened

So that’s at least 5 people now that I’m aware have had similar issues.

How can the club get it so wrong. The chat is they’re denying the sentence in bold ever happened, point blank denying any knowledge of it :D

Would be helpful if more people could confirm it happened
Happened to me in October and was gold for the Ross County registration, back to silver yesterday.

Just bumping this up, should’ve probably left this thread for today rather than posting last night

@Mrs_Prso and @Blue Light Loyal have said they’ve experienced similar issues. Anyone else experienced it or know of anyone else?

Mate, if the SLO job ever becomes vacant you should definitely apply. This is the type of appetite fans want to see from that role.

Mate, if the SLO job ever becomes vacant you should definitely apply. This is the type of appetite fans want to see from that role.
I’d last about 20min receiving the abuse Greg gets and I’d probably snap, I don’t have the patience for it :D

Happened to me in October and was gold for the Ross County registration, back to silver yesterday.
Another person that’s fallen victim to the clubs incompetence.

@Greg Marshall are the club aware of this error? Do they care that they’ve made the error? Will a communication be sent to fans apologising for the error and admitting there’s been a mistake on the clubs end?

You the best person to flag this to or should it be directed to someone at the club?

I’d last about 20min receiving the abuse Greg gets and I’d probably snap, I don’t have the patience for it :D

The Club would probably soon shut you down as well to be fair. It seems Greg is limited in what he’s allowed to do by them. Which is why he gets the abuse he does. Shame.

The Club would probably soon shut you down as well to be fair. It seems Greg is limited in what he’s allowed to do by them. Which is why he gets the abuse he does. Shame.
Most definitely, I’ve closely read replies of his before and it’s clear in my mind that he’s told by superiors what he can/can’t reply to

I wouldn’t be shocked if there’s senior managers at the club that actively tell him to avoid responding, indeed @Uncle Albert previously said he received a reply on twitter saying he’s been told he’s not allowed to respond on there

In all honesty, can you blame him for not rocking the boat? Would others risk their job asking difficult questions? I don’t believe they would. He’s a fan like us, that’s in the fortunate position of working for the club we love and getting the perks of travelling about. I totally understand why he doesn’t press the club, that’s why I believe SLO should be fixed term role or have a team of SLOs. He’s a pleasant guy that tries his hardest, no ill will towards him personally as I’ve seen him go out his way first hand hand to help people when he can

The ballot for Ross C was done with the previous tiers - the problem that occurred was that the email contained data that automatically pulled your MyGers points total to provide your tier, which during the update led to some fans being mislabelled as being in a higher tier than they were balloted for.

So from the feedback I’ve received, the tickets were balloted within the correct tiers. However, that mistake still shouldn’t have happened and should have been caught as it’s led to confusion.

The ballot for Ross C was done with the previous tiers - the problem that occurred was that the email contained data that automatically pulled your MyGers points total to provide your tier, which during the update led to some fans being mislabelled as being in a higher tier than they were balloted for.

So from the feedback I’ve received, the tickets were balloted within the correct tiers. However, that mistake still shouldn’t have happened and should have been caught as it’s led to confusion.
Thanks for the reply @Greg Marshall and the attempt to clear things up. That is appreciated. I’m not sufficiently up to speed on MyGers to know how that stacks up but I’m sure our resident ‘experts’ will respond in due course.

In that case, will the club accept there’s been an error and send out a communication alerting fans they’ve been made aware of the error/provide assurances it won’t happen again?

It’s not a great look when people get their hopes up that they’re now in gold, only to receive an update 1 week later saying they’re still only in silver

Also, will the club finally admit the mistake from October 2021 whereby silver members got tickets out of the gold pool? I’m led to believe the club are denying there was ever an issue and trying to say no one in silver received their purchase email saying they were gold. It happened; posters on here saying it happened to them; there was screenshots on social media of it happening - why are the club pretending it didn’t happen? Denial like that leads to resentment

All SLO’s work between fans and clubs. Most receive some form of abuse.

Thanks for the reply @Greg Marshall and the attempt to clear things up. That is appreciated. I’m not sufficiently up to speed on MyGers to know how that stacks up but I’m sure our resident ‘experts’ will respond in due course.

Will see if I’m believed :)

In that case, will the club accept there’s been an error and send out a communication alerting fans they’ve been made aware of the error/provide assurances it won’t happen again?

It’s not a great look when people get their hopes up that they’re now in gold, only to receive an update 1 week later saying they’re still only in silver

Also, will the club finally admit the mistake from October 2021 whereby silver members got tickets out of the gold pool? I’m led to believe the club are denying there was ever an issue and trying to say no one in silver received their purchase email saying they were gold. It happened; posters on here saying it happened to them; there was screenshots on social media of it happening - why are the club pretending it didn’t happen? Denial like that leads to resentment

I believe all supporters who emailed in regarding this issue have been contacted.

I agree that the mistake shouldn’t have happened and hopefully now it’s flagged it won’t happen again.

Regarding that last point I’m not sure which match you’re referring to but I’m heading out for the day so one to email either mygers@rangers.co.uk on or myself and I can look into it next week.

I believe all supporters who emailed in regarding this issue have been contacted.

I agree that the mistake shouldn’t have happened and hopefully now it’s flagged it won’t happen again.

Regarding that last point I’m not sure which match you’re referring to but I’m heading out for the day so one to email either mygers@rangers.co.uk on or myself and I can look into it next week.
Well, I can assure you this is untrue based on 2 guys I speak to - they’ve both checked their junk mail as well. Maybe their email is sitting in cyberspace or you’ve been mislead and they’ve not been contacted

In fairness, it’s not your fault and yet again it’s you that gets the flak for the clubs incompetence. Why can’t the club make a social media post to highlight the issue and apologise, it’s not enough for you to be on a forum admitting there’s been an error and saying it shouldn’t happen

It’s another system flaw that’s causing resentment between fans and it’s totally needless and avoidable. I’ll hold counsel until April 2022 update then, if it happens again rest assured I’ll flag it yet again like I done in October too

The 2 games in question in October were St Mirren and Motherwell. Can I suggest providing the data surrounding applications for these games so we can compare it to earlier away matches between August and end of September? You’ll likely see the “Gold” numbers were inflated because of the error

Last edited by a moderator:

Therein lies the problem. Get on the front foot, be pro-active and update the fans instead of hiding away hoping no one notices.

The cloak and dagger operation the club run is infuriating. Transparency is all we ask for.

Therein lies the problem. Get on the front foot, be pro-active and update the fans instead of hiding away hoping no one notices.

The cloak and dagger operation the club run is infuriating. Transparency is all we ask for.
How quickly did they notice the error? How quickly did they contact affected individuals (btw they haven’t contacted everyone as he says, the club are misleading him)

It would take approx 1 hour to write up a communications, explaining the situation and alerting fans that they’ve been made aware of an error, allowing them to apologise

It shouldn’t be left to mygers sleuths like myself to highlight these issues and press the SLO to make an admission of the error.

A bit of transparency about error and sincerity in the apology would go a long way. The club don’t realise the sacrifices people make following the club, buying club products etc trying to make their way into gold.

They could also tell fans how the mistake was identified, provide details about the steps they’ll take to ensure it doesn’t happen again and provide assurances in writing that it won’t happen again. This is the second update in a row where similar issues have happened

So we’re just under 10 so far then purely from this forum and people I know.

Do you know if your pals received an email explaining there had been an error @cblack72? None of those I know have received one

So we’re just under 10 so far then purely from this forum and people I know.

Do you know if your pals received an email explaining there had been an error @cblack72? None of those I know have received one
Not a single one.

The reason I’m now onboard with this is I’m sat here currently struggling for a ticket for Ross County. As I’m in Gold, if tickets from the pool I belong too have gone to people who they shouldn’t have, it’s rather annoying as it decreased my chances. So if any of you pesky silvers can’t make it, please do PM me :))

So having dug out the relevant thread in October, I believe there was a few posters that were affected by the issue I’ve pointed out

@LarkfiedLoyalNS @Super Ally @london_bluenose

Did the same thing happen to you 3 in January? The club are trying to deny there was the “Silver” registration/“Gold” purchase error for St Mirren and Motherwell. I’m aware a few went back down to Silver after thresholds were updated. Just looking for others to highlight that it did indeed happen since the club are trying to pretend it didn’t

For the benefit of those who missed the SLOs response, he is saying that the ballot wasn’t impacted so there was no need to pull it. ‘The ballot for Ross C was done with the previous tiers’. His line is that it was the email notifications ONLY that had the error showing some Silver members as being in Gold.

Make of that what you will. Doesn't affect me and I'm not invested enough to make that call.

Not a single one.

The reason I’m now onboard with this is I’m sat here currently struggling for a ticket for Ross County. As I’m in Gold, if tickets from the pool I belong too have gone to people who they shouldn’t have, it’s rather annoying as it decreased my chances. So if any of you pesky silvers can’t make it, please do PM me :))
I realise I may not get a prompt reply as it’s your day off, @Greg Marshall

However, look at the above post from another person that knows affected people from the January update. “Gold” on registrations but points update has them as “Silver”.

No email from the club explaining the mistake, no apology forthcoming. I’d now wager that your colleague, that told you an email was sent to affected mygers members, has been telling you fibs. Chances of probability suggest there’s been no email, considering the number of members affected must be less than 1,000

For the benefit of those who missed the SLOs response, he is saying that the ballot wasn’t impacted so there was no need to pull it. ‘The ballot for Ross C was done with the previous tiers’. His line is that it was the email notifications ONLY that had the error showing some Silver members as being in Gold.

Make of that what you will. Doesn't affect me and I'm not invested enough to make that call.
I’ll address that point later, trying to establish the actual facts first.

Though, what I will say is, do the club honestly expect us to believe their systems have the capabilities to ensure they could do a ballot based on previous points, when that same system can’t even provide the correct details for an email?

They honestly expect us to believe this when the club have previously made errors with ballots; the mistakes caused by not filtering their data correctly

I was in silver and got moved up to gold but before it was updated officially I got St Mirren and Motherwell then when officially gold got Livingston and Hibs, that would mean I got 2 on the bounce in silver then same again in gold, I moved up and stayed up but there was a lot this happened with and went back down

I was in silver and got moved up to gold but before it was updated officially I got St Mirren and Motherwell then when officially gold got Livingston and Hibs, that would mean I got 2 on the bounce in silver then same again in gold, I moved up and stayed up but there was a lot this happened with and went back down
In fairness, in your case it’s not as bad as you stayed in gold so that’s fair enough

Obviously benefitted for St Mirren and Motherwell but at least they didn’t then demote you having taken tickets out of gold pool you weren’t entitled to*

* technically you weren’t but your case doesn’t overly bother me that much as you’ve stayed gold

Appreciate the honesty

But at some point, do those in charge in the boardroom not look a bit closer at this sort of things and ask:

Why do things like this consistently happen with ticketing issues

Why are mistakes of the past not being learned from

It all points to one thing - incompetence

I realise I may not get a prompt reply as it’s your day off, @Greg Marshall

However, look at the above post from another person that knows affected people from the January update. “Gold” on registrations but points update has them as “Silver”.

No email from the club explaining the mistake, no apology forthcoming. I’d now wager that your colleague, that told you an email was sent to affected mygers members, has been telling you fibs. Chances of probability suggest there’s been no email, considering the number of members affected must be less than 1,000

For what it’s worth, I checked this across several staff members and all responses were consistent with the information I’ve shared.

So having dug out the relevant thread in October, I believe there was a few posters that were affected by the issue I’ve pointed out

Did the same thing happen to you 3 in January? The club are trying to deny there was the “Silver” registration/“Gold” purchase error for St Mirren and Motherwell. I’m aware a few went back down to Silver after thresholds were updated. Just looking for others to highlight that it did indeed happen since the club are trying to pretend it didn’t
Me, I got tickets for Motherwell and St Mirren as a silvery gold then returned to silver.

For what it’s worth, I checked this across several staff members and all responses were consistent with the information I’ve shared.
I dont think you’d have any reason to lie, you could’ve easily avoided the situation and fronted it out

I do, however, disbelieve the information you’ve been given and don’t believe it to be true. As another poster has pointed out, they know people affected that haven’t been contacted so it’s not an isolated incident

I have just checked my emails, for St Mirren my registration email and my purchase email both had me as silver tier but for Motherwell my registration email and my purchase email both had me as Gold tier i then went back to Silver when the thresholds were updated.My email to register for the Ross County onwards has me as Gold tier i am now back to Silver once the thresholds have been updated. ( i wasn't successful in the Ross County ballot.)

Me, I got tickets for Motherwell and St Mirren as a silvery gold then returned to silver.
Cheers bud.

I’m lead to believe the club are denying this happened and pretending they weren’t aware of an issue.

Fairly small sample size on here @Greg Marshall but it proves that people are saying it happened. You able to pass this onto the club so they can investigate it.

The information you were given from the club could well be accurate for January but it’s quite suspect that the same issue in October lead to people getting tickets in error. The club need to put processes in place so this doesn’t happen every 12 weeks when points are updated

Cheers bud.

I’m lead to believe the club are denying this happened and pretending they weren’t aware of an issue.

Fairly small sample size on here @Greg Marshall but it proves that people are saying it happened. You able to pass this onto the club so they can investigate it.

The information you were given from the club could well be accurate for January but it’s quite suspect that the same issue in October lead to people getting tickets in error. The club need to put processes in place so this doesn’t happen every 12 weeks when points are updated

I investigated this when the claim was first made on Tuesday, including speaking to various members of the ticketing and MyGers team.

Im satisfied that the situation is as I’ve described.

If you want to speak directly on it, I can give you a call on Monday.

I was Silver in July and then in October my points total went through the gold threshold and I got allocated St Mirren before they updated the threshold.

However when the thresholds were updated I scraped into Gold and I'm still Gold now on the January update.

First I’ve seen of this thread so going to give it a bump. Still can’t believe that given the ticket office had the full winter break to do this they waited until we were back at games to update the points totals. Incompetence of the highest order.
The bigger issue is that for Ross County they are claiming that points were used that people had before the points update - this is not true. Next update is at split so this will happen again.

I investigated this when the claim was first made on Tuesday, including speaking to various members of the ticketing and MyGers team.

Im satisfied that the situation is as I’ve described.

If you want to speak directly on it, I can give you a call on Monday.
No, you’re missing the point - it’s 2 issues.

The October incident where people did get tickets in error - the club are denying this happened. It did happen and there’s loads that confirm.

Due to this people are skeptical about the January incident. You’ve explained the clubs stance, I can’t prove there’s been an error with ticket distribution though I don’t necessarily believe it. However, once again there’s been errors with the email communications - you’ve accepted that you’re aware there’s an error and said affected people have been contacted. I’m telling you, and so is @cblack72, that affected people we know haven’t been contacted. You’re getting told duff information on that aspect

I don’t believe this is true. We are all aware of the email informing people of wrong tiers, you can’t deny that. But not a single person on this or that I know from gold got Ross County. Not one. Every other game, with the exception of St Mirren and Motherwell, threads created for particular matches on this all have dozen of gold saying there have tickets. Same with the people you know.

Now the club may believe they have done this correctly but has it actually been checked?

No, you’re missing the point - it’s 2 issues.

The October incident where people did get tickets in error - the club are denying this happened. It did happen and there’s loads that confirm.

Due to this people are skeptical about the January incident. You’ve explained the clubs stance, I can’t prove there’s been an error with ticket distribution though I don’t necessarily believe it. However, once again there’s been errors with the email communications - you’ve accepted that you’re aware there’s an error and said affected people have been contacted. I’m telling you, and so is @cblack72, that affected people we know haven’t been contacted. You’re getting told duff information on that aspect

There was meetings prior to Ross C about ticket distribution and the decision was made to use the Q2 tiers as the update was not finalised. This information was ratified and the process explained to me when I questioned it. Your problem is that you think I’d be on here deliberately spreading misinformation. That’s not a position I’d put myself in as it doesn’t benefit me or the supporters.

I didn’t say affected people have been contacted. I said they replied to people who contacted them.

If that’s not the case then please forward on the communication to slo@rangers.co.uk and I’ll chase up.

I’ve made the position as I have found it clear so we can pick this up on Monday if you want to discuss it further

There was meetings prior to Ross C about ticket distribution and the decision was made to use the Q2 tiers as the update was not finalised. This information was ratified and the process explained to me when I questioned it. Your problem is that you think I’d be on here deliberately spreading misinformation. That’s not a position I’d put myself in as it doesn’t benefit me or the supporters.

I didn’t say affected people have been contacted. I said they replied to people who contacted them.

If that’s not the case then please forward on the communication to slo@rangers.co.uk and I’ll chase up.

I’ve made the position as I have found it clear so we can pick this up on Monday if you want to discuss it further
Far from it, if you care to read my other posts I have laid absolutely 0 blame at your door, zilch. I’ve said it on multiple occasions that I think the club short change you and make your job difficult

I’ve picked you up wrong then but by that statement you’re clearly highlighting an issue then. Why are the club waiting for people to contact them before they’ll explain there’s been an error? They should be proactive.

I’ll DM you my mobile number just now then, though it’s quite difficult to commit to an exact time due to the nature of my work. I have real-life examples of utterly dreadful customer service from the mygers team; you know, the ones that are meant to know simple things about MyGers :D

Anyway, I realise it’s your day off

As everyone is aware, we’ve just received the January 2022 mygers points update email from Rangers which includes all points accrued up until the start of January. On the 12th of January 2022 we received the registration email from the club for the 5 away games up until the split, with the first being Ross County on 29th January 2022.

I’m aware of a few individuals that received their registration email which had their tier as “Gold” however they’ve since received their point update email today which has their tier as “Silver”. Is there anyone else on here that this has happened to or is anyone aware of this issue?

A similar thing happened in October 2021 around the October points update, ultimately leading to some members moving from Silver to Gold in error. As a result, “Silver” members got tickets for St Mirren and/or Motherwell from the Gold ticket pool, only to end up being moved back to Silver once the thresholds were updated.

Does anyone have details on the breakdown of applications for the St Mirren/Motherwell games? Can anyone remember if the club made any comment about this issue?
I started July in Silver on 1460 points.

My points were updated in Oct to 1516 points therefore landing in Silver from the October update.

No doubt I was in the gold ballot for both St Mirren and Motherwell before dropping back down.

On top of that they began adding points on a game by game basis before realising the f@ck up that those who were on 1485+ during the first few games actually got in to gold before they should have. Think it was Livingston when they stopped adding the points on.

Lucky ones moved tiers during that period.

I’ve applied for every game. 0 from any silver ballot.

3/3 from the gold ballots.

I’m now gold.

I started July in Silver on 1460 points.

My points were updated in Oct to 1516 points therefore landing in Silver from the October update.

No doubt I was in the gold ballot for both St Mirren and Motherwell before dropping back down.

On top of that they began adding points on a game by game basis before realising the f@ck up that those who were on 1485+ during the first few games actually got in to gold before they should have. Think it was Livingston when they stopped adding the points on.

Lucky ones moved tiers during that period.
Cheers bud, I was trying to read back to understand what had went on but I knew there was people in slightly different positions

The club have denied that there was any errors back in October but your post has just reminded me of another flaw

Am i right in saying people missed their purchase window for a game earlier this season because the club had updated their points which took them into gold but hadn’t clicked the box to allow them to buy the ticket? Something telling me it was Blackpool friendly or the St Johnstone match

Cheers bud, I was trying to read back to understand what had went on but I knew there was people in slightly different positions

The club have denied that there was any errors back in October but your post has just reminded me of another flaw

Am i right in saying people missed their purchase window for a game earlier this season because the club had updated their points which took them into gold but hadn’t clicked the box to allow them to buy the ticket? Something telling me it was Blackpool friendly or the St Johnstone match
Not too sure about that one to be honest.

Back