MyGers v Public Sale Priority

Olegs Hair

Official Ticketer
As a Bear who gets up for 2/3 matches at Ibrox a season (plus semi finals when tickets allow), I am used to the 9am panic to snap up the few non season tickets available to buy in general sale.
My question is, and in your opinions, would the MyGers membership be enough to make this current mad panic easier as it is unknown how many fans would use this for single ticket reasons.

Secondly, I have also got single tickets via the seathub method but these become available closer and in some cases on the match day. With the loyalty points for selling back to the Club for season ticket holders and expected increase via this method, would MyGers members get access to those first or would they just go into the public sale?
If it was the latter, it could be the case that more tickets become available in the public sale then in the MyGers window.

Anyone have any ideas on this or has the SLO made mention previously?

As a Bear who gets up for 2/3 matches at Ibrox a season (plus semi finals when tickets allow), I am used to the 9am panic to snap up the few non season tickets available to buy in general sale.
My question is, and in your opinions, would the MyGers membership be enough to make this current mad panic easier as it is unknown how many fans would use this for single ticket reasons.

Secondly, I have also got single tickets via the seathub method but these become available closer and in some cases on the match day. With the loyalty points for selling back to the Club for season ticket holders and expected increase via this method, would MyGers members get access to those first or would they just go into the public sale?
If it was the latter, it could be the case that more tickets become available in the public sale then in the MyGers window.

Non season ticket holder supporters who are MyGers members will have an opportunity to purchase tickets for league games and semis and finals, before supporters who aren't MyGers members.

Non season ticket holder supporters who are MyGers members will have an opportunity to purchase tickets for league games and semis and finals, before supporters who aren't MyGers members.
What are your thoughts on mygers priority in the seatsub returns?

With regards to your 1st point I think it's fair to say a MyGers membership would certainly make it easier. You might still have the 9am mad scramble but you should stand a better chance in theory. I guess it depends if you want to pay £50 for the privilege.

For me personally I don't so I'll just take my chances in the public sale or on here.

With regards to your 1st point I think it's fair to say a MyGers membership would certainly make it easier. You might still have the 9am mad scramble but you should stand a better chance in theory. I guess it depends if you want to pay £50 for the privilege.

For me personally I don't so I'll just take my chances in the public sale or on here.
I think that is the same way I’m thinking. Generally the tickets I got were either from those returned a couple of days before the match or from guys outside the ground on match day.
The membership could be of value I suppose over a number of seasons with points accrued but I’m unsure of the short term benefit

I think that is the same way I’m thinking. Generally the tickets I got were either from those returned a couple of days before the match or from guys outside the ground on match day.
The membership could be of value I suppose over a number of seasons with points accrued but I’m unsure of the short term benefit

The problem with getting tickets outwith of the Club is you're not building up any points history so you could go to half a dozen games a season & not be recognised for it.

For me personally that's just the way it is, if I got any other benefits out of MyGers I'd probably join & if it changes in the future I probably will but for now it's just not worth it.

Anyone got the MyGers email address, cant for the life of me figure out how to change my RTV monthly subscription to an annual one to get the points?

The problem with getting tickets outwith of the Club is you're not building up any points history so you could go to half a dozen games a season & not be recognised for it.

For me personally that's just the way it is, if I got any other benefits out of MyGers I'd probably join & if it changes in the future I probably will but for now it's just not worth it.

It's an interesting point. This might do away with the tickets for sale outside the ground on match day. Or certainly limit them anyway

If you want to have any chance of a semi, or final ticket you will definitely need to be a MyGers member.

It's an interesting point. This might do away with the tickets for sale outside the ground on match day. Or certainly limit them anyway

I've posted this previously, it will be interesting to see how secondary ticketing works.

If you're a ST holder who can't make it to the game do you use Seatsub & punt it through the Club, don't get the full rate back but get some points or do you stick it on here or give it to your mate to get rid of outside the ground & potentially get more cash?

Anyone got the MyGers email address, cant for the life of me figure out how to change my RTV monthly subscription to an annual one to get the points?
I added my Rangers number to my Rangers TV profile. I'm also monthly so doubt it'll count towards mygers points. I was told to cancel my monthly and take out an annual one. Just as I'd paid for my season ticket and mygers membership

I've posted this previously, it will be interesting to see how secondary ticketing works.

If you're a ST holder who can't make it to the game do you use Seatsub & punt it through the Club, don't get the full rate back but get some points or do you stick it on here or give it to your mate to get rid of outside the ground & potentially get more cash?

Most times we give it to a friend/family member for free. On some occasions if no-one takes it we sell it outside the ground.

Never used the secondary ticketing and still don't think we would. Selling outside the ground if someone swipes in your ticket you still get the attendance points.

I think what you will start to see people do is swipe their pals ticket going in if they don't sell the ticket

On the face of it you would think that fans would sell back to the Club in order to get MyGers points for finals etc. This would allow the Club to make money twice on the ticket but the the season ticket holder loses a few quid so it’s a trade off.

I added my Rangers number to my Rangers TV profile. I'm also monthly so doubt it'll count towards mygers points. I was told to cancel my monthly and take out an annual one. Just as I'd paid for my season ticket and mygers membership

Ok great, that's what I will do.

In my case, I’m not a season ticket holder. I always need two seats together for me and my sister so in light of the recent difficulty of obtaining tickets when they go on sale, I’ve usually managed to get them using seatsub returns. I don’t think it would be worth it for me to join mygers in the hope of priority sales options as I’m assuming I’d only be eligible to buy one ticket. Which isn’t much use to me anyway. Don’t know what to do for the best.

I don’t think you’ll have much of a chance for the bigger games through a public sale. The mygers membership pretty much guarantees you a ticket if you want it.

Just think of the scramble for tickets if we’re sitting top of the pile with ten games to go.

In my case, I’m not a season ticket holder. I always need two seats together for me and my sister so in light of the recent difficulty of obtaining tickets when they go on sale, I’ve usually managed to get them using seatsub returns. I don’t think it would be worth it for me to join mygers in the hope of priority sales options as I’m assuming I’d only be eligible to buy one ticket. Which isn’t much use to me anyway. Don’t know what to do for the best.
Not 100% on this, just my thoughts but if you add your sister’s Rangers number to your account as “friends and family” that might allow you to purchase two tickets. You’d probably both have to be MyGers members though. Possibly best to email mygers@rangers.co.uk to clarify though.

Not 100% on this, just my thoughts but if you add your sister’s Rangers number to your account as “friends and family” that might allow you to purchase two tickets. You’d probably both have to be MyGers members though. Possibly best to email mygers@Rangers.co.uk to clarify though.
Cheers, will do that. We’re already on the family and friends in both our accounts, but def worth emailing for clarification. Thanks again :))

Actually I am still on the legacy £17.25 monthly price so I would be paying more if I did this so I guess I will just need to miss out on the points.

Actually I am still on the legacy £17.25 monthly price so I would be paying more if I did this so I guess I will just need to miss out on the points.

I saw a response from @Greg Marshall which indicated that at present there are no plans for the monthly subscribers to RangersTV to get MyGers points. The 'logic' apparently being that RangersTV subscriptions are 'uneven' through the year and they want to try and smooth out the peaks and troughs. I assume by that there are many who take out the monthly subscription then bin it during the Summer or at whatever point it becomes apparent that we are not going to challenge to the end.

Not Guilty on either charge in this household M'Lud.:)

I saw a response from @Greg Marshall which indicated that at present there are no plans for the monthly subscribers to RangersTV to get MyGers points. The 'logic' apparently being that RangersTV subscriptions are 'uneven' through the year and they want to try and smooth out the peaks and troughs. I assume by that there are many who take out the monthly subscription then bin it during the Summer or at whatever point it becomes apparent that we are not going to challenge to the end.

Not Guilty on either charge in this household M'Lud.:)

I was happy to pay for the year to take the mygers points but I will lose the 17.25 price so I'm just going to pass on the points for as long as the legacy price remains.

I was happy to pay for the year to take the mygers points but I will lose the 17.25 price so I'm just going to pass on the points for as long as the legacy price remains.

I've been waiting for it to get bumped if I'm honest. Wouldn't be surprised to see it happen when the new season starts - whenever that might be. First increase in many years to be fair but its still a whopping increase - if and when it comes.

MyGers and a RSC membership would give you a great chance for all but the obvious matches. Are you down South?
Yes-Derby. Can’t get up all the time with work and then stop with family when I’m up in Glasgow. The biggest commitment in truth is paying and booking travel early to get the best price. If the MyGers membership meant that I was fairly sure of a ticket for most matches then I would do it. The only issue is my second point in that sometimes the better seats and those in pairs only come up through seatsub and after the MyGers window.

I've been waiting for it to get bumped if I'm honest. Wouldn't be surprised to see it happen when the new season starts - whenever that might be. First increase in many years to be fair but its still a whopping increase - if and when it comes.

Yeah, when it does I will make the switch to annual. Hopefully another season out the legacy price though.

I don’t think you’ll have much of a chance for the bigger games through a public sale. The mygers membership pretty much guarantees you a ticket if you want it.

Just think of the scramble for tickets if we’re sitting top of the pile with ten games to go.

To be honest with regards to the bigger games that's pretty much the case now so for me personally do I want to send £50 to essentially guarantee me a ticket when I come up? I guess that it boils down to, for me at least.

Yes-Derby. Can’t get up all the time with work and then stop with family when I’m up in Glasgow. The biggest commitment in truth is paying and booking travel early to get the best price. If the MyGers membership meant that I was fairly sure of a ticket for most matches then I would do it. The only issue is my second point in that sometimes the better seats and those in pairs only come up through seatsub and after the MyGers window.

TBH mate outwith of OF games I would be amazed if you couldn't get a ticket through MyGers for all games. It then depends on how often you go up the road I guess.

TBH mate outwith of OF games I would be amazed if you couldn't get a ticket through MyGers for all games. It then depends on how often you go up the road I guess.
I suppose when using MyGers in my situation it’s a long term thing as the points that I would have will have a natural ceiling ( membership, match attendance & RTV). Only small point gaps would appear in this area and the seasonal historical points may be the difference. Makes you keep paying year after year which I guess is the plan!!

To be honest with regards to the bigger games that's pretty much the case now so for me personally do I want to send £50 to essentially guarantee me a ticket when I come up? I guess that it boils down to, for me at least.

my gers non season ticket holder’s should get discounted tickets i

I'm still getting up to speed with this, do season ticket holders get priority over MyGers members etc and has the sign up to s/f and finals now been binned?

Last edited:
I’m in a similar position to the OP. London-based and usually up somewhere between three and six times a year. I’ve joined My Gers because I can’t see how to get a ticket without doing so. My concern is that even joining it won’t get me one but guess we’ll see how it works in practice.

I'm still getting up to speed with this, do season ticket holders get priority over MyGers members etc and has the sign up to s/f and finals now be binned?

MyGers members who are season ticket holders have priority, followed by season ticket holders who aren't MyGers members.
Next are MyGers members who aren't season ticket holders.

Semi finals and final priority is still CCCS, but is now included in with non league home games.

The priority order in the first paragraph applies to semis and finals.

Quick question mate with you saying legacy price...do you know what the monthly cost is now?

Never bothered with RTV but if games are going to be BCD next season then might need to have a look at it.

Quick question mate with you saying legacy price...do you know what the monthly cost is now?

Never bothered with RTV but if games are going to be BCD next season then might need to have a look at it.

It's $28.50/month for every game, not sure what exchange rate they use.

You won't need the unlimited package for BCD games though, a specific arrangement will be made for those.

It’s the same with my situation, l have joined Mygers as l come over from Gibraltar about 6 or 7 times a season and that way

I joined Mygers scheme 2 weeks ago £50 has been tsken from my account I have heard nothing since, do I have a membership number, ect?...Or are they running behind because of demand?

I joined Mygers scheme 2 weeks ago £50 has been tsken from my account I have heard nothing since, do I have a membership number, ect?...Or are they running behind because of demand?

Im sure the membership number just comes under your rangers number. membership tiers come out once season ticket renewals are over and the welcome packs are due to be sent out next month.

It's $28.50/month for every game, not sure what exchange rate they use.

You won't need the unlimited package for BCD games though, a specific arrangement will be made for those.

Cheers. I'll hang fire for the time being then and see what is announced.

MyGers members who are season ticket holders have priority, followed by season ticket holders who aren't MyGers members.
Next are MyGers members who aren't season ticket holders.

Semi finals and final priority is still CCCS, but is now included in with non league home games.

The priority order in the first paragraph applies to semis and finals.

Getting the idea now. Cheers MU.

Your Rangers number becomes your Mygers number. I believe it's July before you'll hear anything. That's my understanding although only read through the Q & A briefly.

it does make sense TBH
be surprised if public sale happens for league games
I’m not too sure, I think the majority of mygers subscribers will be season ticket holders who’s main priority is getting a better chance of away tickets

I’m not too sure, I think the majority of mygers subscribers will be season ticket holders who’s main priority is getting a better chance of away tickets

I think it's more a case of being guaranteed a semi and final ticket mate, for many.

Next question- my understanding is that MyGers members will be split into gold, silver and bronze based on points accrued historically and ongoing. For someone like myself who would get points for being a member, single tickets and RTV I assume my level would consistently remain at bronze over the next few seasons. This is understandable as season ticket holders have a bigger outlay etc.
However, if say in 3 seasons after paying £50 per season would my bronze level be classed the same as someone who signs up just to get priority access to a semi final or other big match?

Could yo
Could you end up just buzzing the card just so you get the points like get somone else who is going to scan it go in leave then scan yours ?

For me there is a lot more to MyGers other than tickets. It's only a small segment of it. You accrue points and discounts and members only access to certain aspects and new things being rolled out. I.e Ibrox lunches, stadium tours, priority on strips. My Gers will be included into almost everything the club does with the fans.

I meant in terms of home tickets passing through the stages

;)

Back