Nacho Man Back At The Rangers

Would You Like Novo As A Full Time Coach At Ibrox?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

NorseGod

Ibrox icon Nacho Novo is back at Rangers as Bruno Alves prepares to return to the side.

Former striker Novo has been at Auchenhowie this week helping with training.

The Novo spent six successful years at Ibrox, winning three SPL titles, one Scottish Cup and two League Cups.

He notched nearly 50 goals and made almost 180 appearances for the Glasgow giants.

13912786.jpg

JS22409564.jpg

Novo is loved by Rangers fans
Now he has been pictured at the club’s HQ ahead of Friday night’s clash at St Johnstone as he helps out in an unofficial capacity.

Images show him putting the players through their paces and enjoying a laugh with manager Pedro Caixinha.

Novo was touted for the No.3 role in the summer, a job Jonatan Johansson was to later to secure.

13912506.jpg

Miller, Ryan Jack and Josh Windass today

13913026.jpg

Danny Wilson
Kenny Miller was again at training after scoring during the weekend friendly win over Morton.

Rangers lie third in the Premiership but can draw three points behind second-placed Aberdeen in the table with a win at McDiarmid Park.

13912520.jpg

Lee Hodson and Jason Holt clock up the running miles

Caixinha has revealed Alves is ready to feature against Saints after being away with Portugal for their World Cup qualifiers.

The manager said: "We are more solid as a team and as a unit. We need to keep going, and that is what we will keep working on.

"Bruno arrives back in Scotland today, will train tomorrow and will be with us on Friday."

Do the club have much choice with regards those t-shirts? I'd imagine the league has procedures in place to make sure teams wear them.

Show Ill Phil the red card more like.

On topic- only if nacho can bring some er “value” to the coaching team

This poll won't decide whether Rangers employ him or not. :D

A simple gauge of opinion on here.

:D:D:D:D:D I know that mate, and thank goodness decisions at Ibrox aren't based on what is posted on here at times.

I suppose I was diplomatically trying to say, if he's a good qualified coach then yes..........if it's as a cheerleader as such, then no.

He is a valuable person to have round the club for the Mexican lads and to a lesser extent the Portuguese lads. He knows this country and what we expect from our players , I'm sure that's why the Manager has him hanging around.
was just going to to say the same thing, Nacho knows Glasgow and what the dangers are etc, he will be very valuable at showing the likes of Pena and Herrera the ropes and even settling them in to life here as well as what it means to play for a club like Rangers.

Hope Pedro finds a role for him,would be good for all Spanish speaking players,would be able to put across in his own language what it means to pull on that blue jersey. I think it would be a good move.

Having someone around who's been and done it with us and has a winning attitude instilled into them is a good thing IMO for our Hispanic players.

As daft as it sounds, he'd be a good mentor for the newer guys. Put an arm around their shoulder when they need it but a rocket up their arse if they're no pulling their weight :D

I have no idea about Novo's abilities as a football coach. If he has the tools to do the job then the fact he's a great wee guy who loves the club, then yes it's a no brainer, but all that really matters is that he can actually contribute positively as a coach.

Don't know. Not really sure what he would bring. He has a bundle of energy and was a great player for us. However, I am not sure he can offer much in a coaching capacity - has he even done any coaching?

He's definitely popular with the Spanish and Portuguese lads going by Instagram.

Doesn't really mean he'd be a good coach though as I really don't know much about any of his experience in that area. He's definitely got the sort of attitude and love for the club that any player could benefit from though.

He was there when skysports went round the clubs b4 the season kicked off, he was in the offices when they interviewed Pedro etc.

No idea what his coaching ability is so can't comment but it's always nice to see him made welcome. Not the best ability-wise by any means but gave his all and scored some massive goals for us. He'd always be one of my first names on the team sheet to play the filth.

Not sure what coaching expertise he can bring to the table but his Spanish could certainly help the likes of Herrera & Pena.

Do the club have much choice with regards those t-shirts? I'd imagine the league has procedures in place to make sure teams wear them.

They should have turned them inside out in protest, i doubt the procedures would cover that.

based on?
He's an ex player and emm well nothing more. Staggering the amount of times this kind of thing gets rolled out by people.

Ffs i wish i could just turn up at the training ground,grab some gear and walk around with the players and manager.

based on?

imo hes wrong the guy for that job they he should of gave it to nacho, barry f or alex r . dont think JJ does anything for the team , at least barry alex nacho would of offer better advice during the matches and they care about rangers more than him and would give everything in there role to help us get back to the top & wouldnt be scared to upset any player that arent doing it on pitch

imo hes wrong the guy for that job they he should of gave it to nacho, barry f or alex r . dont think JJ does anything for the team , at least barry alex nacho would of offer better advice during the matches and they care about rangers more than him and would give everything in there role to help us get back to the top & wouldnt be scared to upset any player that arent doing it on pitch

What makes you think JJ doesn't offer anything to the team?

Promoting a mob who recently jumped into bed with a guy who spends every waking moment of his pitiful existence, spewing his sectarian bile about our club.

Fuck me indeed .... :(

I get why people are annoyed at them, I am as well they are a bit of a joke organisation after recent events.

But can you imagine we were asked to wear the t shirts and said no?

The premise remains the same we are promoting the eradication of racism in football, not the organisation.

Christ, totally missed that! What a f*cking joke.
You're only getting the solution to the real story there.(which I didn't know existed).

They basically welcomed Phil McGogbwispunk with open arms and done a rather vomit inducing piece on how he was going to assist them with "Anti Irish racism".

The bears weren't slow in bombarding them with previous ill Phil ramblings and once again exposed him for the bigot that he is.

I find it difficult to believe SRTRC's complete ignorance of his previous.

Back