Nacho Novo

Camby loyalist

Has there ever been a better bargain for us? For the goals he scored us and the passion he showed on the pitch? £500,000 one of our best signings from an SPL team I think.

Kris Boyd. We don't win those first 2 league titles in Walter's second spell without his goals. Not to mention some of the cups along the way.
I'm sure the only game Boyd scored in that we didn't win (in his first spell) was the cup game against Dunfermline when Durrant was in charge. We were 3-0 down at half time, he came on and pulled it back to 3-2. Some stat if true, and he was less than half a million I'm sure.

Sad state of a guy now, loved him to bits and should have started in Manchester! Unbelievable value and hates those c.unts!

Wouldnt go as far as to say hes a sad state of a guy now,i get where you are coming from but i just thought sad state was a bit harsh

1st hand experience and what he had and the esteem he was held in, its a sad state mate. Take no pleasure as he was loved by everyone

The OP could’ve been worded a bit better. What should’ve been a Nacho appreciation thread has turned into a competition. He was a tremendous signing for us. Needs to screw the nut in his current affairs mind you.

Wee Nacho was a star. We let him go too soon, then nearly got him back when he was past it. Glad we never, at that time, but fond memories.
Last time we qualified for the Champions League (I refuse to call it CL) I paid a fortune for the three match package for two, three lots of hotels and flights. V Seville, Unirea and Stuttgart, I saw us play 3, W0 D0 L3 F 1 A 10. It was painful. But the best bit in all of that was when wee Nacho came on as a sub v Unirea and scored our only goal of the campaign. Cracker It was too. We had the best of Nacho, great player in his day.

Kris Boyd. We don't win those first 2 league titles in Walter's second spell without his goals. Not to mention some of the cups along the way.
I'm sure the only game Boyd scored in that we didn't win (in his first spell) was the cup game against Dunfermline when Durrant was in charge. We were 3-0 down at half time, he came on and pulled it back to 3-2. Some stat if true, and he was less than half a million I'm sure.
Boyd scored in a 3-3 draw at Tannadice in 2008

Wee Nacho was a star. We let him go too soon, then nearly got him back when he was past it. Glad we never, at that time, but fond memories.
Last time we qualified for the Champions League (I refuse to call it CL) I paid a fortune for the three match package for two, three lots of hotels and flights. V Seville, Unirea and Stuttgart, I saw us play 3, W0 D0 L3 F 1 A 10. It was painful. But the best bit in all of that was when wee Nacho came on as a sub v Unirea and scored our only goal of the campaign. Cracker It was too. We had the best of Nacho, great player in his day.
Sorry mate but away from home was it not McCulloch who scored v Unirea in a 1-1 draw away, and Mendes scored a loopy deflected one v them at home?
Nacho scored a beauty v Sevilla at home, think that’s the one you mean?
And sorry I started out thinking you were meaning all our away games but then realised you meant the Ibrox games.
So Nacho’s goal was v Sevilla.

Tav £200k. Fair enough no major medals but he's been a very important player to our journey back through the years especially in Europe.

Has there ever been a better bargain for us? For the goals he scored us and the passion he showed on the pitch? £500,000 one of our best signings from an SPL team I think.
Yes there has. Novo was great for us, but there are countless examples of better deals. But of course it’s all based on personal opinion.

I loved wee Novo, heart of a lion and scorer of big goals.

But even allowing for inflation, the fees we paid for Cooper and McCoist weren't much different, and they were on a totally different level of Rangers Royalty.

He was always rough around the edges, Novo. There's no denying he was a brilliant player though, what he lacked in finesse he made up with sheer endeavour. I loved his attitude, he also loved a goal against them and could be counted on in big games. It was fitting the he scored the penalty to take us to Manchester. Great player.

Best Bargain ever - David Weir, free Transfer. Lifted 3 league titles as Captain and was instrumental in leading us to a European final

Novo frustrated the hell out of me at time’s but there were countless times when he stepped up to the mark and there’s no doubt he had the right mentality to play for us.

Sorry mate but away from home was it not McCulloch who scored v Unirea in a 1-1 draw away, and Mendes scored a loopy deflected one v them at home?
Nacho scored a beauty v Sevilla at home, think that’s the one you mean?
And sorry I started out thinking you were meaning all our away games but then realised you meant the Ibrox games.
So Nacho’s goal was v Sevilla.

Errrrr, you may well be right. Ageing memory and all that. Shoulda said only HOME goal of the campaign, & if it was Sevilla, then my mistook. Still cost me a fortune for a painful home campaign though.
(Probably spent as much over the three games as I did for my ticket for Manchester, £675 ffs, but following the Rangers is priceless, even from 300 miles south)
WATP

Seen quite a few posts online from mentally challengeds about fav goal, team, player, stadium and so on and so on.
To a man... most hated player, Nacho Novo
All because the wee man said no.
That will do for me. Always one of my favourites

Back