"Nae Dough, 2 In A Row!" - 8 years ago today

Lawsome

Hibs 0 - 1 Rangers

A recipe of good local talent, most of whom were Bears, mixed in with good foreign imports.

We have this now, middle to front. Our team proved at the turn of this year what could be done. If we sort out the defence and most importantly, get a quality manager - who knows what we can achieve next season.

Our 2010 team were written off early, but the difference was the belief ...and a certain Walter Smith.

Getting the manager right gets the tactics and the belief right, where the results we had a few months ago can stretch far longer than the flash in the pan it was.

It's the difference between players who have potential and players that go 10 points clear in a 93rd minute winner against their biggest rivals, and win a cup final against all odds with 9 men.

We have the potential - we need the manager.

Good season. We strolled the league against Tony Mowbray's Barca mkII.

Only regret from that season was letting a 2 goal lead slip against Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup at Ibrox and then losing the replay thus costing us the treble :(

Halcyon days my friends.

1031802.main_image.jpg

It still gives me joy we've had so many more years of elation like that than the bheasts from the east.

Watched that in the Clachan in Baillieston. If I remember right the filth played before us that day.

Around Christmas time that season we were unstoppable.

Yeah that was a good year. I loved the following year as well but I still have horrible memories of the t shirts being sold that said something like “3 in a row, now we have dough” after being bought by Whyte when we thought he actually had a few quid.

Hibs 0 - 1 Rangers

A recipe of good local talent, most of whom were Bears, mixed in with good foreign imports.

We have this now, middle to front. Our team proved at the turn of this year what could be done. If we sort out the defence and most importantly, get a quality manager - who knows what we can achieve next season.

Our 2010 team were written off early, but the difference was the belief ...and a certain Walter Smith.

Getting the manager right gets the tactics and the belief right, where the results we had a few months ago can stretch far longer than the flash in the pan it was.

It's the difference between players who have potential and players that go 10 points clear in a 93rd minute winner against their biggest rivals, and win a cup final against all odds with 9 men.

We have the potential - we need the manager.

Happy days soon to return.

The goosebumps for me there were from the League Cup win with 9 men.

We had a proper team then, under a proper manager.
Not that I want to quote Provan, but you hear him talking about Walter delivering titles without having a Laudrup, Gascoigne, Albertz or Gio to call on, and that he’s done it with a much more ordinary bunch of players.
Breaks my heart seeing this current crop of Surrender monkeys strutting about Ibrox at the moment.
They could only dream of the balls it took to go and win that cup against all the odds.
As an aside, what did Walter do that day? Took someone off and put Naismith on for some legs and he ended up setting up the goal? How did we rejig at the back? And did Weir stroll up the park to set Naismith free prior to the goal?
Aaaaahhhhh, the memories!!!

Great watch and thanks for posting!

Reactions: ao2
Best part of the season was the new year game at the piggery we were pummelled by the mentally challengeds and the only outlet we had upfront was that fat lazy lady's front bottom Boyd as Miller was suspended. The mentally challengeds took the lead then the cameras honed in on Rod Stewart celebrating with his wife Penny who started to film the Mhanks. Cue a few minutes later we get a corner and Big Jig thunders home a cracking header to get us a draw out of nothing.

Back