Naismith on the Kris Boyd podcast

Crouchy

Pre 2012, Naismith epitomised why we dominated the tarriers.

He was hungry, angry, ambitious and talented.

It’s why I don’t get upset being linked with genuine Scottish talent.

It’s a fight and desire that exists from knowing you’re part of something.

In simple personality types, he’s a leader. Annoying, irritating, hates to lose, but he’ll absolutely roll up his sleeves and try and dig the team out a hole.

I’m not sure who’s the modern day equivalent, but we need more of that character.

Only really Jack has that in our team, imo. The rest are soft in those departments.

Cavin

His only mistake was the press conference which he readily admits was a mistake let’s be honest they all whale quite right to bale considering what was happening
Matter of opinion, bailing to line your own pocket isn't my idea of being "quite right"

Craig McColl

If he'd just left he would've been forgiven a longtime ago. Absolutely no need whatsoever for a PC. Then absolutely no need to say what he and the other 1 said in PC. In a long spring/summer of kicks to the stones I've got to admit that PC really was a sickener. Said at the time it was unforgivable and I still think it is now. Old saying once a Ranger always a Ranger is obsolete for those 2 imo.

Last edited:

Davester

what would you have done no way Naismith .”, Davis etc where going to play in division 3 green wanted cash for them and am glad now they bailed
Is there any way superstars like Pirlo, Buffon and Cannavaro would stuck with Juve when they were demoted? Yes, they did. Men of integrity, class and honour, and as a result will be lauded by Juve fans long after they're gone. Naismith etc, were not superstars.

mark hateley

Official Ticketer
That podcast was decent.

A few things from it. He was or maybe still is a Rangers man. He never wanted to leave us and he had the opportunities too. I dodnt quite understand how the administration affected the team especially when we were 15 points ahead.

He was a great wee player but that interview I cant forgive him.

mark hateley

Official Ticketer
Is there any way superstars like Pirlo, Buffon and Cannavaro would stuck with Juve when they were demoted? Yes, they did. Men of integrity, class and honour, and as a result will be lauded by Juve fans long after they're gone. Naismith etc, were not superstars.
They only went down 1 division. I think the majority of our stars would have stayed for 1 season. We were tore apart on and off the field.

Biniaro11

His only mistake was the press conference which he readily admits was a mistake let’s be honest they all whale quite right to bale considering what was happening
Doesn’t matter any more, he’s a rat, the door is closed and he will never be allowed to wear our jersey.

EKblue

Loved him. What a player. Was like watching yourself play for Rangers.

To stick the knife in the way he did to the clapping audience was unforgivable. Especially because he was one of us.
Spot on the reason I will never forgive him was I thought he was one of us and would never do what he did ..... RAT

Theportyunionjack

I still can't get over why he thought that press conference was a good idea. Absolutely crazy and such a brutal kick in the balls from a former hero when we least needed it.

Has he explained himself anywhere? Or does he in that interview?

Business_Bear

Aye the press conference was naive at best. I've sort of made peace with it over the years but can understand why people would still have an issue with him setting foot in Ibrox.

He was excellent value for us as a player it can't be argued.

LarkfiedLoyalNS

Can’t forgive him, broke my heart, my favourite Rangers player at the time it was a stab in the back when we were on our knees.

Cavin

what would you have done no way Naismith .”, Davis etc where going to play in division 3 green wanted cash for them and am glad now they bailed
Again, matter of opinion, Rangers wanted money for them, they didn't get it.
And also, all this money Charlie was pocketing would have showed up in the books, no?
How much was it?