Naismith on the Kris Boyd podcast

arnietac1

Official Ticketer
He was a smashing player, we loved him, he hated them, had a car crash of an interview and will forever be a rat.
Walter Smith gets an easier ride for some reason regards new club quote.

Careca

Again, matter of opinion, Rangers wanted money for them, they didn't get it.
And also, all this money Charlie was pocketing would have showed up in the books, no?
How much was it?
Shown up in the books? We had share issues galore and every penny vanished. What was the value of our share issues again ?

thelivibluenose

Don’t get me wrong what he did was bang out of order and was the ultimate kick in the teeth but if we signed the Naismith that left (and he’s not that player any more) then he’d kick us on to the next level, and people would soon forget

Cavin

Shown up in the books? We had share issues galore and every penny vanished. What was the value of our share issues again ?
Ok, not going to get into this argument, however, at the time of our prized assets walking out the door to pad their own bank balances, costing the club millions BTW, there was no such inkling that Charlie and his boys were there to ransack the club, that line of thinking came after they all flew the cooper.

BTW, I am in no way sticking up for any of that board, but blaming them for our players walking out is a no no for me.

Dougoi7

Ok, not going to get into this argument, however, at the time of our prized assets walking out the door to pad their own bank balances, costing the club millions BTW, there was no such inkling that Charlie and his boys were there to ransack the club, that line of thinking came after they all flew the cooper.

BTW, I am in no way sticking up for any of that board, but blaming them for our players walking out is a no no for me.
try telling that to John Brown.

Lizzy's 11

You can retrospectively say the players were right to run out on the club but as poster above says at the time they did it there was no inclination that the new owners were crooks. Short memories for a lot of people. They were traitors in our eyes when they left and that was the broadly supported view. And if you say well they had a better position to judge it then what about the guys who did tupe over? Are they idiots or did they not have the same insight. Ultimately its in the past and cant be changed but the ones who left did so out of self interest and any other view of it like they were doing the right thing is revisionist and with the luxury of hindsight.

themightyi

Official Ticketer
Pre 2012, Naismith epitomised why we dominated the tarriers.

He was hungry, angry, ambitious and talented.

It’s why I don’t get upset being linked with genuine Scottish talent.

It’s a fight and desire that exists from knowing you’re part of something.

In simple personality types, he’s a leader. Annoying, irritating, hates to lose, but he’ll absolutely roll up his sleeves and try and dig the team out a hole.

I’m not sure who’s the modern day equivalent, but we need more of that character.

Only really Jack has that in our team, imo. The rest are soft in those departments.
Can’t argue with any of that tbf.

On reflection and with the benefit of hindsight I’d have taken him back in the 2017 and 2018 summer windows.

greggakd

I have forgotten and forgiven. It’s no surprise our bid for 4 in a row went downhill when he got injured. If he didn’t do his knee, regardless of admin we’d have won the league.
You could see it hurt him when he scored the winner in jan/Feb. I’m sure I’ll get pelters for it, but he’s what our dressing room lacks. The player you hate when you’re against but love to have on your side.

Is there any way superstars like Pirlo, Buffon and Cannavaro would stuck with Juve when they were demoted? Yes, they did. Men of integrity, class and honour, and as a result will be lauded by Juve fans long after they're gone. Naismith etc, were not superstars.
Pirlo was at Milan at the time and Cannavaro did leave that summer. A number of their top players left. Those that stayed would not have had to take anything like the pay cut our players would have had to take either and Juventus knew they would be back in Serie A the following season. I am convinced we would have kept McGregor, Davis, Naismith etc (most of our players who were fans) had we only been demoted one division.

Talktalk

His only mistake was the press conference which he readily admits was a mistake let’s be honest they all whale quite right to bale considering what was happening
His and his pals stage managed that it was them who brokered a deal for the players to take a wage cut to save others jobs when in reality they held the process up and had a Sky news team to be at a certain spot at the gates of the training ground.’

I was gutted to lose him as he made us tick and his will to win was top notch that rubbed off on his colleagues .

They only went down 1 division. I think the majority of our stars would have stayed for 1 season. We were tore apart on and off the field.
Agreed. Also how unbelievable is it that match fixing is only deemed worthy of a one division demotion, but legally attempted tax avoidance that just didn’t work and apparently our sporting integrity breaches we’re so bad that we were “lucky“ to be allowed into division 4...

Dave570

I remember fans shouting put us in the 4th tier we will go on a journey. We should have been blockading Hampden until we just dropped one division or even no drop at all. We let them rag doll our club. All easy with hind-sight.

GarMckin

I am a bit like a battered wife with Naismith, I do start to think, maybe he's not as bad and I should forgive him.

Thankfully I come to my senses and realise there was some good times but you are still a rat.
One of my favourite videos to rewatch is wrapping the league up at Rugby Park in 2011. There is so many happy memories from it and his goals were class, but as soon as he starts his celebration I’m just filled with disappointment for how it turned out with him. Whittaker is kind of the same with rewatching the Sporting Lisbon game, but the Naismith hate is just on another level.

Jaymuz7

Pre 2012, Naismith epitomised why we dominated the tarriers.

He was hungry, angry, ambitious and talented.

It’s why I don’t get upset being linked with genuine Scottish talent.

It’s a fight and desire that exists from knowing you’re part of something.

In simple personality types, he’s a leader. Annoying, irritating, hates to lose, but he’ll absolutely roll up his sleeves and try and dig the team out a hole.

I’m not sure who’s the modern day equivalent, but we need more of that character.

Only really Jack has that in our team, imo. The rest are soft in those departments.
Nailed it. Agree 100% mate.

bar72bear

Official Ticketer
The arrogance of him and Whittaker to hold a press conference is astonishing making it all about them. At no point did these rats think of the supporters who were hurting badly at the time and didn’t need another kick.

I don’t grudge any player leaving the club but they could done It without the pantomime around it. The way guys who had no history with Rangers ( bocanegra / edu etc) behaved was an example of showing a bit more class.

In some ways he must be completely gutted. He won’t be revered like other ex players and will miss out on the adoration of the fans for the rest of his life

Mount_FloridaTB

You can retrospectively say the players were right to run out on the club but as poster above says at the time they did it there was no inclination that the new owners were crooks. Short memories for a lot of people. They were traitors in our eyes when they left and that was the broadly supported view. And if you say well they had a better position to judge it then what about the guys who did tupe over? Are they idiots or did they not have the same insight. Ultimately its in the past and cant be changed but the ones who left did so out of self interest and any other view of it like they were doing the right thing is revisionist and with the luxury of hindsight.
The galling thing was you had some of the foreign boys at the time who did TUPE over like Bocanegra, Edu and Goian.

Yet a so called died in the wool bluenose jumped at the first opportunity.

onceuponabriggsbear

Ok, not going to get into this argument, however, at the time of our prized assets walking out the door to pad their own bank balances, costing the club millions .

Delusional

nzb

The thing about that press conference was that it felt personal. Every other lady's front bottom having a boot at you was expected, but when it was one of your own, it was painful as hell... like a family member betraying you.

He could have been in with the bricks if he’d stayed, or left with our regards if he’d done it the way Davo did... but he chose to give us all the finger as he fucked off with his pal. %^*& HIM!

wee bud's pit boots

That podcast was decent.

A few things from it. He was or maybe still is a Rangers man. He never wanted to leave us and he had the opportunities too. I dodnt quite understand how the administration affected the team especially when we were 15 points ahead.

He was a great wee player but that interview I cant forgive him.
We were never 15 straight points ahead. The filth had games in hand, and the lead started to crumble when we fecked it up in the last minute at Ibrox v St Mirren circa the late Oct/early Nov period.

petepoto

I don't want him back or anything but his admission about doing the press conference being wrong has meant I softened on it.

There was better ways to leave and I think he was massively misinformed. We all make mistakes and live to regret some of those. It appears this is one of his. Wasted energy being negative about it.

Thommo2006

In hindsight I'm glad the likes of davis naismith Whittaker mcgregor left without us getting a fee for them. The money would have just been pocketed by the likes of green

weevlad

Is there any way superstars like Pirlo, Buffon and Cannavaro would stuck with Juve when they were demoted? Yes, they did. Men of integrity, class and honour, and as a result will be lauded by Juve fans long after they're gone. Naismith etc, were not superstars.
To be fair, Juve were demoted one division only

thetoptier

bullshit

a search was done on big hauns and he was seen as a bullshitting carpet bagger from minute one

Panceltica Holdings being a case in point

cooprfc

One division or not, these guys were world superstars, the elite. Pirlo had no hesitation in staying. Naismith, Whittaker etc were never stars outside Scotland, so it's a reasonable link to make.
Pirlo had no hesitation in staying with AC Milan when Juventus were relegated mate. Calciopolo happened in 2006 and Pirli didn't sign for Juve until 2011.

The big players who stayed were guys like Del Piero, Trezeguet, Buffon and Nedved.

babaji

We were in admin so there's absolutely no chance that we'd have got anywhere near any of the players value from any other club.

Personally i don't have any issue with the players that left, they were entitled to do so, but while i was unhappy & disappointed with what SN had said I'm not going to carry hatred for him about with me for eight years, life's far too short for that nonsense, especially for one of our own.u

If im going to hate anyone it's the ones who put is in that position & the vultures who were ripping us off big style.

Cavin

We were in admin so there's absolutely no chance that we'd have got anywhere near any of the players value from any other club.
We were not in admin, as Naismith pointed out we were by then Rangers under Sevco Scotland, only he omitted the Rangers part.
If they had tupe'd over we would have got transfer fees, they didn't and chose to pocket any transfer fee as signing on fees.

govanfront85

Cannavaro left in 2006 and signed for real madrid. So he didn't stick around.

Pirlo was at Milan when juventus were demoted - he signed for juventus in 2011, a good few years after they were back in serie A.

Dougoi7

Personally i don't have any issue with the players that left, they were entitled to do so, but while i was unhappy & disappointed with what SN had said I'm not going to carry hatred for him about with me for eight years, life's far too short for that nonsense, especially for one of our own.u

If im going to hate anyone it's the ones who put is in that position & the vultures who were ripping us off big style.
100%

StuartF97

They stuck about Cos there wasn’t a risk juve were going to disappear due to financial issues, they just cheated and fixed games. There was never going to be a chance of them going completely bust. Some of our players must have been worried Rangers weren’t going to exist the following year

TPB90

He was a massive fans favourite which is why it was such a boot in the balls when he held that needless press conference.

Agree that we miss the needle he brought to the side but I think he isn't good enough to get in our side now.

TPB90

It was a total different scenario - they were demoted by one division not 3. Plus Pirlo didn't sign for Juve until about 5 years after they were demoted.