Naismith on the Kris Boyd podcast

They only went down 1 division. I think the majority of our stars would have stayed for 1 season. We were tore apart on and off the field.
Agreed. Also how unbelievable is it that match fixing is only deemed worthy of a one division demotion, but legally attempted tax avoidance that just didn’t work and apparently our sporting integrity breaches we’re so bad that we were “lucky“ to be allowed into division 4...

I remember fans shouting put us in the 4th tier we will go on a journey. We should have been blockading Hampden until we just dropped one division or even no drop at all. We let them rag doll our club. All easy with hind-sight.

I am a bit like a battered wife with Naismith, I do start to think, maybe he's not as bad and I should forgive him.

Thankfully I come to my senses and realise there was some good times but you are still a rat.

One of my favourite videos to rewatch is wrapping the league up at Rugby Park in 2011. There is so many happy memories from it and his goals were class, but as soon as he starts his celebration I’m just filled with disappointment for how it turned out with him. Whittaker is kind of the same with rewatching the Sporting Lisbon game, but the Naismith hate is just on another level.

Pre 2012, Naismith epitomised why we dominated the mentally challengeds.

He was hungry, angry, ambitious and talented.

It’s why I don’t get upset being linked with genuine Scottish talent.

It’s a fight and desire that exists from knowing you’re part of something.

In simple personality types, he’s a leader. Annoying, irritating, hates to lose, but he’ll absolutely roll up his sleeves and try and dig the team out a hole.

I’m not sure who’s the modern day equivalent, but we need more of that character.

Only really Jack has that in our team, imo. The rest are soft in those departments.
Nailed it. Agree 100% mate.

The arrogance of him and Whittaker to hold a press conference is astonishing making it all about them. At no point did these rats think of the supporters who were hurting badly at the time and didn’t need another kick.

I don’t grudge any player leaving the club but they could done It without the pantomime around it. The way guys who had no history with rangers ( bocanegra / edu etc) behaved was an example of showing a bit more class.

In some ways he must be completely gutted. He won’t be revered like other ex players and will miss out on the adoration of the fans for the rest of his life

You can retrospectively say the players were right to run out on the club but as poster above says at the time they did it there was no inclination that the new owners were crooks. Short memories for a lot of people. They were traitors in our eyes when they left and that was the broadly supported view. And if you say well they had a better position to judge it then what about the guys who did tupe over? Are they idiots or did they not have the same insight. Ultimately its in the past and cant be changed but the ones who left did so out of self interest and any other view of it like they were doing the right thing is revisionist and with the luxury of hindsight.

The galling thing was you had some of the foreign boys at the time who did TUPE over like Bocanegra, Edu and Goian.

Yet a so called died in the wool bluenose jumped at the first opportunity.

Ok, not going to get into this argument, however, at the time of our prized assets walking out the door to pad their own bank balances, costing the club millions .

BTW, I am in no way sticking up for any of that board, but blaming them for our players walking out is a no no for me.
Delusional

The thing about that press conference was that it felt personal. Every other lady's front bottom having a boot at you was expected, but when it was one of your own, it was painful as hell... like a family member betraying you.

He could have been in with the bricks if he’d stayed, or left with our regards if he’d done it the way Davo did... but he chose to give us all the finger as he fucked off with his pal. %^*& HIM!

That podcast was decent.

A few things from it. He was or maybe still is a Rangers man. He never wanted to leave us and he had the opportunities too. I dodnt quite understand how the administration affected the team especially when we were 15 points ahead.

He was a great wee player but that interview I cant forgive him.

We were never 15 straight points ahead. The filth had games in hand, and the lead started to crumble when we fecked it up in the last minute at Ibrox v St Mirren circa the late Oct/early Nov period.

I don't want him back or anything but his admission about doing the press conference being wrong has meant I softened on it.

There was better ways to leave and I think he was massively misinformed. We all make mistakes and live to regret some of those. It appears this is one of his. Wasted energy being negative about it.

In hindsight I'm glad the likes of davis naismith Whittaker mcgregor left without us getting a fee for them. The money would have just been pocketed by the likes of green

Is there any way superstars like Pirlo, Buffon and Cannavaro would stuck with Juve when they were demoted? Yes, they did. Men of integrity, class and honour, and as a result will be lauded by Juve fans long after they're gone. Naismith etc, were not superstars.
To be fair, Juve were demoted one division only

Ok, not going to get into this argument, however, at the time of our prized assets walking out the door to pad their own bank balances, costing the club millions BTW, there was no such inkling that Charlie and his boys were there to ransack the club, that line of thinking came after they all flew the cooper.

BTW, I am in no way sticking up for any of that board, but blaming them for our players walking out is a no no for me.

bullshit

a search was done on big hauns and he was seen as a bullshitting carpet bagger from minute one

Panceltica Holdings being a case in point

One division or not, these guys were world superstars, the elite. Pirlo had no hesitation in staying. Naismith, Whittaker etc were never stars outside Scotland, so it's a reasonable link to make.

Pirlo had no hesitation in staying with AC Milan when Juventus were relegated mate. Calciopolo happened in 2006 and Pirli didn't sign for Juve until 2011.

The big players who stayed were guys like Del Piero, Trezeguet, Buffon and Nedved.

Ok, not going to get into this argument, however, at the time of our prized assets walking out the door to pad their own bank balances, costing the club millions BTW, there was no such inkling that Charlie and his boys were there to ransack the club, that line of thinking came after they all flew the cooper.

We were in admin so there's absolutely no chance that we'd have got anywhere near any of the players value from any other club.

Personally i don't have any issue with the players that left, they were entitled to do so, but while i was unhappy & disappointed with what SN had said I'm not going to carry hatred for him about with me for eight years, life's far too short for that nonsense, especially for one of our own.u

If im going to hate anyone it's the ones who put is in that position & the vultures who were ripping us off big style.

We were in admin so there's absolutely no chance that we'd have got anywhere near any of the players value from any other club.

We were not in admin, as Naismith pointed out we were by then Rangers under Sevco Scotland, only he omitted the Rangers part.
If they had tupe'd over we would have got transfer fees, they didn't and chose to pocket any transfer fee as signing on fees.

Is there any way superstars like Pirlo, Buffon and Cannavaro would stuck with Juve when they were demoted? Yes, they did. Men of integrity, class and honour, and as a result will be lauded by Juve fans long after they're gone. Naismith etc, were not superstars.

Cannavaro left in 2006 and signed for real madrid. So he didn't stick around.

Pirlo was at Milan when juventus were demoted - he signed for juventus in 2011, a good few years after they were back in serie A.

Personally i don't have any issue with the players that left, they were entitled to do so, but while i was unhappy & disappointed with what SN had said I'm not going to carry hatred for him about with me for eight years, life's far too short for that nonsense, especially for one of our own.u

If im going to hate anyone it's the ones who put is in that position & the vultures who were ripping us off big style.

100%

They stuck about Cos there wasn’t a risk juve were going to disappear due to financial issues, they just cheated and fixed games. There was never going to be a chance of them going completely bust. Some of our players must have been worried Rangers weren’t going to exist the following year

He was a massive fans favourite which is why it was such a boot in the balls when he held that needless press conference.

Agree that we miss the needle he brought to the side but I think he isn't good enough to get in our side now.

It was a total different scenario - they were demoted by one division not 3. Plus Pirlo didn't sign for Juve until about 5 years after they were demoted.

Cannavaro left in 2006 and signed for real madrid. So he didn't stick around.

Pirlo was at Milan when juventus were demoted - he signed for juventus in 2011, a good few years after they were back in serie A.
I've been mixed up. However Buffon, Chiellini, Nedved, Trezeguet and Del Piero were still all A Listers, and chose to stay.

I decided to watch it in the hope of hearing some regret from that press conference but no he still seems bitter against us. Criticising us over Lee Wallace as if it was in the same league as what happened during they whyte/green stuff and he was critical of us due to the same staff not being employed when he trained there with scotland.

Those saying the players could have stayed, nonsense

Chuckles Green had barely a pot to piss in and wouldn’t have been able to afford to pay their wages for a couple of weeks let alone a season

He was dodgy as has been proven. Players were well within their rights to leave to avoid that clown pocketing any transfer fee.

I’ve forgiven them all except Naismith and Whittaker due to the press conferences.

That said, Naismith I forget about what he done when I see him clattering into the mentally challengeds and giving 110% against them. Whittaker is just an arsehole, a guy I despise

I decided to watch it in the hope of hearing some regret from that press conference but no he still seems bitter against us. Criticising us over Lee Wallace as if it was in the same league as what happened during they whyte/green stuff and he was critical of us due to the same staff not being employed when he trained there with scotland.

thats what I was wondering , was he having a go at one or a couple of people in particular , But I can’t think of anyone in any power who was there on both occasions

As would have the majority of our players if we’d only gone down one division.
Going down one division for world superstars is more than going down 3 for Whittaker and Naismith. You surely see that. It's not like for like.

He didn’t want to leave, he was in asking for a new long term contract in the January and Whyte told him he would be sold if he got an offer over 5m.
I think he was going to Everton either way. Everton were going to test the water with a 2 million bid. Naismith new that and he was interested.
Our situation helped it along. I heard that from the Everton side.

In hindsight I'm glad the likes of davis naismith Whittaker mcgregor left without us getting a fee for them. The money would have just been pocketed by the likes of green
^^^ this.
At the time my view was that the players should have stayed (even with a clause in their contract that allowed first bidder to be accepted with player consent). That way the club would not have lost out on millions of pounds in player assets. But as Thommo states above that money would be probably furnishing a chateau or propping up a dodgy enterprise in the west of Scotland run by the brother Grimm.

Has he got anything left in the tank? We need all the help we can to stop the forces of evil this season.

Going down one division for world superstars is more than going down 3 for Whittaker and Naismith. You surely see that. It's not like for like.

To be fair that's just a random statement plucked from thin air isn't it? Quite bizarre.

Nobody with any sense has an issue with the players leaving, but it's the press conference that sets Naismith and his wank mate apart from the rest. And his behaviour in the league cup semi last season was a disgrace. F*ck him.

That podcast was decent.

A few things from it. He was or maybe still is a Rangers man. He never wanted to leave us and he had the opportunities too. I dodnt quite understand how the administration affected the team especially when we were 15 points ahead.

He was a great wee player but that interview I cant forgive him.

He made out as if we were still going well before we went into Admin, we totally collapsed in December/January that season. I think we were about 4 points behind when we went into Admin?

To be fair that's just a random statement plucked from thin air isn't it? Quite bizarre.

Nobody with any sense has an issue with the players leaving, but it's the press conference that sets Naismith and his wank mate apart from the rest. And his behaviour in the league cup semi last season was a disgrace. F*ck him.
Do you believe Nedved, a world superstar, with image rights etc, took a big risk for the club, going to Serie B. Chances are they were coming back up straight away, but what if they didn't?

Pre 2012, Naismith epitomised why we dominated the mentally challengeds.

He was hungry, angry, ambitious and talented.

It’s why I don’t get upset being linked with genuine Scottish talent.

It’s a fight and desire that exists from knowing you’re part of something.

In simple personality types, he’s a leader. Annoying, irritating, hates to lose, but he’ll absolutely roll up his sleeves and try and dig the team out a hole.

I’m not sure who’s the modern day equivalent, but we need more of that character.

Only really Jack has that in our team, imo. The rest are soft in those departments.
I think Lewis Ferguson, has a touch of that and that's why I'd welcome him at Ibrox...

It was painful what he said in the interview, however I can recall at the time he was also trying to tell us how people at the club where only trying to cash in.
Also if you stand back and think, if all those players had stayed during the summer up to the transfer window they would have been on the same wages as they had been in the SPL. Yes the club would have got money for transfers but now knowing how much money was stolen from the club do you think we would have seen any of the money?
Would the company owning the club been able to cover those wages or would we have ended up in another admin with the assets being sold off for the Ashley type loans, would he have been in sooner milking us dry.

Do you believe Nedved, a world superstar, with image rights etc, took a big risk for the club, going to Serie B. Chances are they were coming back up straight away, but what if they didn't?

If they hadn't came up straight away he'd probably have left. But with all those players staying there was absolutely no chance of them not getting back up straight away.

Big difference to working your way up through 3 divisions while earning a fraction of your wage.

Back