Name all 24 English league winners, ever

Aargh!!! 19 didn’t get bloody Preston or Ipswich which I should have got come to think of it both Sheffield clubs were obvious.

Confess I had no absolutely no idea Sheffield United had ever won the league. Got 21 without hints, 23 with.

As an aside. Statistically the percentage of clubs in England that have won their championship and ours is incredibly similar (24/90 vs 11/42). To think they mock our uncompetitive top division!

As an aside. Statistically the percentage of clubs in England that have won their championship and ours is incredibly similar (24/90 vs 11/42). To think they mock our uncompetitive top division!
Over the past couple of centuries, sure.

But it’s 36 years since a team other than Rangers or Celtic last won the league in Scotland - in the same period there have been nine different winners in England.

Raging! Got 23, had 3 minutes left and didn’t get West Brom. Even tried West Ham and didn’t twig.

Can you name every English top-flight champion?​

Score: 24 / 24
02:50

No bad for an auld man

24/24 with 5 mins 13 seconds remaining.

It really helps that they're in alphabetical order, there is no way on earth I would have got the penultimate one on the list without it.

Full house with 3 minutes 8 seconds left.

Was struggling a bit until I noticed the answers were in alphabetical order.

I got it because I remembered Alf Ramsay
I got it because it should have been Burnley but for a total collapse near the end meaning that they finished second after only winning 1 of their last 10 games.

20/24 only missing derby, leeds and the 2 Sheffield clubs. It would have been easy if I hasd looked at my answers as I only noticed it was alphabetical order with a minute to go.

Back