Name one Scottish Player that wish pulled on a Rangers jersey

Gary MaCallister for me. Would have been a tremendous signing. Would have had him over Jonas Thern. Hindsight speaking though as at the time I am not sure many were sad to see us signing Thern. We woulda had a good 4/5 years of Gary Mac if we got him then.

Being honest, Paul Lambert was the one we should've got in 1997 instead of Thern especially as it was clear he was desperate to get back to Scotland although you could argue whether him and Barry could play in midfield together a year later under Advocaat.

Don Hutchison is another I'd love to have saw in a Rangers jersey.

In my time I genuinely don't think there's been any Scottish player I've wished we would sign other than Neil McCann, and we did. Maybe McLeish to partner Gough, but we were ok for centre backs.

Before my time I'd imagine Dalglish would be the obvious one. An almighty f*ck-up by us.

There’s not many Scots from the 90s onwards (Banter Years aside) who were better than their Rangers counterpart. I would possibly go with Gary McAllister, but then we might never have signed Gazza.

Colin Hendry a few years earlier, or kept Duncan Ferguson would be my two other half suggestions.

Dalglish although his Bairds press conference as funny as it was is boak inducing even at the thought. Lucky enough to see him in a Scotland strip and never in the green and gray so on the park and always see him as the one that got away

Away from the obvious ones like Dalglish and Law, if John Collins had had the guts to have made the move I think he’d have been a tremendous player for us.
Yes, but we’d probably have missed out on Miko and maybe Albertz!

tin hat on - bobby moore for me
they would have won *%&$ all in the late 60's early 70's with greigy in the same team

WATP

My old dad had 2 Scottish players he always said he would have loved to have seen play for us, both before my time.

One was Gordon Smith, of the Hibs famous five forward line who also played for Hearts and Dundee, and incredibly won the title with all 3.
The other was John White of the great Spurs team of the early 60s who died in a tragic accident.
I think it’s true that Smith is the only player in history to have won the league with two clubs, Rangers and Celtic being neither of them.

Disclaimer: I left Scotland as a kid so never really appreciated just how much I shouldn't like some players and consequently had an interest in any Scots playing in England.

I have openly admitted to being a fan of Dalglish, and I'm Ok with the stick I take for it.

However, here's one from my childhood that I really shouldn't tell you:

I always thought Cooper and Charlie Nicholas would have linked up well together! :eek::eek::eek:

So many brilliant players have slipped right through the fingers of this club it actually defies belief.

Names who could and should have pulled on that blue jersey but were denied us. Despite our unrivalled success it's nothing short of a travesty that for various reasons we missed out on some real gems with the blue blood coursing through their veins.

Can’t think of anyone from the 90s who would have massively improved us. I’ll go with Islam Feruz for the mega meltdown it would cause amongst the filth.

Being honest, Paul Lambert was the one we should've got in 1997 instead of Thern especially as it was clear he was desperate to get back to Scotland although you could argue whether him and Barry could play in midfield together a year later under Advocaat.

Don Hutchison is another I'd love to have saw in a Rangers jersey.

Was going to say Lambert as well. Was always annoyed he ended up with them after we didn't take up the option to bid for him when we could have.

Back