Naples aflame with hostility for England visit

Heard a guy on the radio the other day. He organises games between England fans and whoever they are playing and they play a full game in a stadium. The game v the Italians was supposed to take place on Thursday morning and the game had to be cancelled due to the Napoli ultras emailing him telling him they would turn up and leather the England team.

Heard a guy on the radio the other day. He organises games between England fans and whoever they are playing and they play a full game in a stadium. The game v the Italians was supposed to take place on Thursday morning and the game had to be cancelled due to the Napoli ultras emailing him telling him they would turn up and leather the England team.
Very cordial of them tbh.

It's an amazing city if anyone ever gets the chance to go. Probably not as an England fan though....

I've no love for England but these "Ultra's" are pathetic. Who the fck over 12 still gets violent over a game of football? :))

Grow up you simpleton cretins.

I've no love for England but these "Ultra's" are pathetic. Who the fck over 12 still gets violent over a game of football? :))

Grow up you simpleton cretins.

The guy seemed genuinely disturbed by it when he was on the radio. Sounds like they have a ball usually on their travels.

The guy seemed genuinely disturbed by it when he was on the radio. Sounds like they have a ball usually on their travels.
Crazy. And who tf calls their son Garford?:))

The allocation was only confirmed start of March. This stuff should be sorted out by the 90 day venue deadline, been a total joke how this has been handled. Have heard under 30k have been sold in the home end. Personally don’t think it’ll be rough, just be hard work - got sick of it about 15 years with England where some would treat locals like crap, even saying “please” when ordering a beer off a woman be too much for some. Far better going many places for Football without England, support is very different now but many opposition Ultras or whatever still see it as a scalp to take.

Visit Napoli as soon as you can.

Once the Vesubio erupts(and it will do), the city will disappear under the fire and wreckage from the volcano.
"As soon as you can" might be over dramatising things slightly!

It's only had about 50 strong eruptions in 12000 years and they were nowhere near as big as the famous one nearly 2000 years ago.

It's extensively monitored and the latest data shows no rising magma is present within 10km of the surface. We'll be fine for a long time yet.

The beautiful game.

It's only had about 50 strong eruptions in 12000 years and they were nowhere near as big as the famous one nearly 2000 years ago.

It's extensively monitored and the latest data shows no rising magma is present within 10km of the surface. We'll be fine for a long time yet.
I knew sooner or later someone would come up with the vital stats & facts.

My brother got married in Sorrento in 2019 and we spent quite a bit of time touring around Amalfi Coast and a few days in Naples, stunning part of the world and the Italians do the best food anywhere, they are seriously passionate about Napoli, almost obsessed! One lunchtime we were all in a bar outside Naples about to have lunch when my brothers son aged 6 at the time was wearing his football top which happened to be a Juventus top with Ronaldo on the back, the barman saw it and screamed "Noooooo"! think he was half serious but said if it was one of the adults he would have thrown us out! He was great though, asked us were we were from, we said Northern Ireland and then starts on about George Best and what a team we had in the eighties etc. Thought the people very friendly but very very passionate about their football.

I knew sooner or later someone would come up with the vital stats & facts.
They aren’t the proper stats and facts though.

My cousin is a Planetary Volcanologist and I take a small interest in this stuff due to him, when we last spoke he said there is almost an inevitability for Vesuvius that the next eruption will be huge, the last one in the 1940s was large but not cataclysmic. It could be next year it could be in 200 years but it’s not likely to be thousands of years away.

Some info here on it

Last edited:

Not so sure I had a vesuvius pizza wi extra jalapeños and my arse erupted..that was recent

I have 3 friends travelling out for this. They can more than handle themselves but that's no use if some scumbag pulls a blade or some other weapon.

Hopefully it's all media hype and it's a safe enjoyable trip.

Went Turin in 2000, they did a booze ban basically on English. Us young divvies were allowed a coke while Italians drank. Thought we’d hit the jackpot when we finally found a sex club at 1am, haha they still would only serve us soft drinks.

Just as an aside.
Me and the mrs visited it as part of a cruise years ago.As we were standing looking into the crater,she was horrified to find out it was still "active" and could erupt at any time.That's when she informed me that if it erupts she wouldn't be running "in these shoes".:)

Just as an aside.
Me and the mrs visited it as part of a cruise years ago.As we were standing looking into the crater,she was horrified to find out it was still "active" and could erupt at any time.That's when she informed me that if it erupts she wouldn't be running "in these shoes".:)
Cheers
We are going to Sorrento and Napoli in summer for our holidays

Wife's grandfather is buried in the war cemetery over there. Her mum was just a baby at the time.
I don't know if you are aware they were called D Day Dodgers as they missed D Day due to fighting in Italy. Google D Day Dodgers song and have a listen to the black humour in it until the last verse.

Very cordial of them tbh.

It's an amazing city if anyone ever gets the chance to go. Probably not as an England fan though....
I was the for the Rangers game last year and the place is an absolute shit hole. And I mean that literally. Yer stepping over human and dug shite wherever you go. It has more homeless sleeping rough than anywhere else I've been. Yer correct that it is an amazing city ( or could be) but its ruined by their own filth especially around their beloved Maradona stadium.

I would love to visit Italy again. I was last there in the early 90s when I was in the Army. We were based in Caserta for an exercise which isn't far from Naples (about 25 miles). However, even the Italians warned us not to go there as some parts were a bit dodgy.

I don't know if you are aware they were called D Day Dodgers as they missed D Day due to fighting in Italy. Google D Day Dodgers song and have a listen to the black humour in it until the last verse.
Yea mate. Gary Lineker actually did a documentary about it a while back. Retraced his grandfather's journey through the war. Decent watch if you haven't already seen it.

Slightly off piste but got the "Football Special" to an England game in the seventies and it was af%%king nightmare guys fighting with their mates, spewing all over the corridors and finally pulling the communication cord at Lancaster to get out a battle with England fans. Conductor moved the train on leaving about 100 wading into the opposition.

Yea mate. Gary Lineker actually did a documentary about it a while back. Retraced his grandfather's journey through the war. Decent watch if you haven't already seen it.
I watched it and remembered my father in law saying he spent his 21st birthday upto his knees in mud being bombed by the Nazis at Monte Cassino which Gary's documentary showed what it was like.

Back