Napoli Away?

Brunosponytail

What's the consensus on this one?

Travel first of all - Naples isn't really the easiest part of Europe to access I didn't think, Rome maybe easier to get to & train down if going independent?

And as for the locals - don't think its the most hospitable hosts, bit of a penchant for stabbing folk in the ass if memory serves right. Maybe need to watch your back when there?

Certainly not enough to put me off going but trickier of the away trips.

Anyone got any first hand experiences of them?

If you’re asking yourself where to stay in Naples, then check out this list of the most dangerous neighbourhoods in Naples to avoid while here:

• Scampia – known as the most dangerous neighbourhood of Europe. This is also the setting of the film Gomorrah, is situated north of Naples. This is an area that tourists should avoid.
    • Forcella – this neighbourhood is quite close to the historical city centre and is known to be under the control of the ‘camorra’, the regional mafia.
    • San Giovanni a Teduccio – located south-east of Naples on the coast, also called the Bronx. Here it’s where Piazza Garibaldi and the railway station is based.
As with many other big cities in Italy, it’s a place where tourists should take extra precautions when walking around this area.

Barra, this neighbourhood is not dangerous as the others but not it’s not recommended to stay here.

Other neighbourhoods to avoid: Quartieri Spagnoli at night, Centro Direzionale at night and weekends and Rione Traiano for drug dealing.

What's the consensus on this one?

Travel first of all - Naples isn't really the easiest part of Europe to access I didn't think, Rome maybe easier to get to & train down if going independent?

And as for the locals - don't think its the most hospitable hosts, bit of a penchant for stabbing folk in the ass if memory serves right. Maybe need to watch your back when there?

Certainly not enough to put me off going but trickier of the away trips.

Anyone got any first hand experiences of them?
Has it happened more than once to you like?

If you’re asking yourself where to stay in Naples, then check out this list of the most dangerous neighbourhoods in Naples to avoid while here:

• Scampia – known as the most dangerous neighbourhood of Europe. This is also the setting of the film Gomorrah, is situated north of Naples. This is an area that tourists should avoid.
    • Forcella – this neighbourhood is quite close to the historical city centre and is known to be under the control of the ‘camorra’, the regional mafia.
    • San Giovanni a Teduccio – located south-east of Naples on the coast, also called the Bronx. Here it’s where Piazza Garibaldi and the railway station is based.
As with many other big cities in Italy, it’s a place where tourists should take extra precautions when walking around this area.

Barra, this neighbourhood is not dangerous as the others but not it’s not recommended to stay here.

Other neighbourhoods to avoid: Quartieri Spagnoli at night, Centro Direzionale at night and weekends and Rione Traiano for drug dealing.

Anywhere that is safe to stay? :D

Shortened to

Places to avoid: All areas

Places to stay: None

My folks went to Sorrento and tried to go there for a day trip. They got off at the main station, were followed by some guy that was cruising for robbing them, they ducked into a cafe and the guy literally waited outside for them to come back out.

In the end the waiter called the police who came and moved the guy on but my folks were put off and just left on the next train.

The said it was a shithole, full or vagrants.

Liverpool have been there twice and seemingly attacks on opposition fans are common. Cowards operating in gangs and with knives apparently.

Last edited:
It’s an absolute toilet of a city. There are fast trains from Rome but getting one post game may not be an option.

Wish this is where we used SLO and looked at a special with the train company.

I’d like Rangers to lead in this space.

Bus it back to Roma and get a hiding from AS and Lazio sounds the best bet then.

IS NAPLES DANGEROUS?​

For as long as I can remember, Naples has not had the best reputation for tourists. There are its associations with the mafia, people always talk about the city’s trash problem, and it’s certainly supposed to be inefficient compared to the major cities in the north of Italy.

I arrived expecting to find that these stereotypes were just tales that get perpetuated by people who have never been – only heard about it secondhand.

I had assumed that some of the other negatives stories about Naples were no longer relevant – that they described how the city used to be, not how I would find it now.

I was wrong.

There is no denying it – Naples is dirty and Naples is dangerous. Everywhere you go, bins overflow with trash and streets have rubbish just piled up against the wall or in the middle of the square.

Walls are covered with scrawled graffiti, gardens are full of weeds, historic buildings are falling apart.

And the crime level is relatively high, with tourists particularly targeted. Pickpocketing, bag-snatching, muggings. This is a reality in Naples – I can promise you – and certainly more than anywhere else I’ve been previously in Italy.

Yours Judith Chalmers

Sounds lovely

The problem is even you can handle yourself , what will it matter if these arseholes are just gonna stab you or use belts and god knows what else as weapons

IS NAPLES DANGEROUS?​

For as long as I can remember, Naples has not had the best reputation for tourists. There are its associations with the mafia, people always talk about the city’s trash problem, and it’s certainly supposed to be inefficient compared to the major cities in the north of Italy.

I arrived expecting to find that these stereotypes were just tales that get perpetuated by people who have never been – only heard about it secondhand.

I had assumed that some of the other negatives stories about Naples were no longer relevant – that they described how the city used to be, not how I would find it now.

I was wrong.

There is no denying it – Naples is dirty and Naples is dangerous. Everywhere you go, bins overflow with trash and streets have rubbish just piled up against the wall or in the middle of the square.

Walls are covered with scrawled graffiti, gardens are full of weeds, historic buildings are falling apart.

And the crime level is relatively high, with tourists particularly targeted. Pickpocketing, bag-snatching, muggings. This is a reality in Naples – I can promise you – and certainly more than anywhere else I’ve been previously in Italy.

Yours Judith Chalmers
This was about Edinburgh, yes? Overflowing bins, historic building falling apart, pickpocketing tourists ;-)

The police will make you get a bus that will meander its way through the city and only arrive at the ground after the game has kicked off.

Liverpool don't seem to be to enamoured at playing them again!
mOmHAAN.gif

Bunch of misinformed panty-wetters on here

We went to Naples for a week a few months ago. We went all over the city at all hours of night and not once did I feel in any way worried or threatened. It is a fabulous city.

We also went to Napoli v Fiorentina and it was a great atmosphere, friendly locals, etc. and we were on the home Curva right behind the goal with the Ultras. No bother at all.

Some real shite getting spouted here by people who've read too many books

I used to work just north of Naples in a wee place called Baia Domizzia and Naples is one of the friendliest places in Italy, Italy's like Britain in reverse were here the further north you go the nicer the people are in Italy it's the further south you go, unfortunately the warm welcome doesn't apply to visiting football supporters and the Napoli fans can be nasty buggers ambushing rival supporters and the like, a great place to go if you're travelling or on holiday but not for visiting supporters. i'm not for a minute saying it's the most dangerous place you could go as a travelling fan in fact there are worse grounds to go to in the UK, if you're going just do the common sense things you'd do visiting any European city as a fan.

Last edited:
My brother went there a few years ago for a long weekend. He said there was an edge about the place but enjoyed it.

IS NAPLES DANGEROUS?​

I was wrong.

Yours Judith Chalmers
lol - aye Judith, hinging about street corners looking for sex at 86 years of age does make you bitter if you don't get it. Wish you Were Here? alright. :))

We went to Naples for a week a few months ago. We went all over the city at all hours of night and not once did I feel in any way worried or threatened. It is a fabulous city.

We also went to Napoli v Fiorentina and it was a great atmosphere, friendly locals, etc. and we were on the home Curva right behind the goal with the Ultras. No bother at all.

Haven't been, but missus is from the North of Italy and loads of pals/family say it's a great place to visit. Yes, lively, yes, intense, but not dangerous if you stay out of the Gomorra schemes.

Nowhere in Naples.

Have to venture out the city to find a semi-decent place.

Everywhere you go in Naples is a complete dump. That is no exaggeration. A city completely ridden with poverty and crime. It’s a real eye opener.

Would make Castlemilk look like Beverly Hills.
Be honest - you've never been out of Castlemilk mate

What’s the reviews on drugs from Rione Traiano?
For a friend.

Agree, had a great time in Naples. If I can get my hands on a ticket im going!

Back