Napoli Away?

I'm still raging about no points for Seville lol, could be the difference for a Liverpool ticket.. Should've bought the womans season ticket instead I guess
Agree that no points for Seville was totally wrong,but if they had been given points,the people around you pointwise would also have got the same 15 points.

Putting us further ahead of the folk who weren't in Seville and rightly so..
Not that "cut and dried" mate! I didn't get the semi or the final but paid thousands to be there regardless. I suffer because of the closure of the Travel Club. With the recent distribution of away Euro tickets, I'm falling further and further behind, despite attending all of the matches.

Not that "cut and dried" mate! I didn't get the semi or the final but paid thousands to be there regardless. I suffer because of the closure of the Travel Club. With the recent distribution of away Euro tickets, I'm falling further and further behind, despite attending all of the matches.
Aye am with you mate to be honest, myself and a few hours have been vocal about our dislike for MyGers and European away distribution on here but I'll save it for another thread lol..

Emailed Greg a few days ago when the decision to ban us from Naples was made, here's the response I received from someone called David.

"It is a requirement of competing in UEFA competitions that UEFA are given full control over the host Stadium. Due to the severe limitations on policing resources and organisational challenges related to the unprecedented ongoing events surrounding the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, UEFA made the decision that the Champions league home match against Napoli would be switched to Wednesday 14th of September and that no away supporters would be permitted to attend. This decision was taken by UEFA in consultation with Police Scotland.

UEFA also confirmed that as a matter of sporting integrity, no Rangers fans will be permitted to attend the return fixture in Naples. Rangers and Napoli made known our concerns on the impact to travelling supporters of both clubs who have already arranged transport and accommodation for the respective matches.

The club appreciates the monumental level of effort and expense required to attend away European fixtures. There is no facility in place to reimburse supporters for pre-booked transport and accommodation for this match. Rangers can only apologise for any inconvenience caused by the most unique and sad circumstances which are beyond our control. The club SLO is in dialogue with Football Supporters Europe (FSE) an independent, non-profit association of fans recognised as a representative body on fan issues by institutions such as UEFA and the Council of Europe and would recommend that affected supporters contact them to note their concerns.

Whilst I understand that this will be a disappointment to you I hope it goes some way to explaining the clubs position."

Regards

David

Good to see the club working with FSE.

Emailed Greg a few days ago when the decision to ban us from Naples was made, here's the response I received from someone called David.

"It is a requirement of competing in UEFA competitions that UEFA are given full control over the host Stadium. Due to the severe limitations on policing resources and organisational challenges related to the unprecedented ongoing events surrounding the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, UEFA made the decision that the Champions league home match against Napoli would be switched to Wednesday 14th of September and that no away supporters would be permitted to attend. This decision was taken by UEFA in consultation with Police Scotland.

UEFA also confirmed that as a matter of sporting integrity, no Rangers fans will be permitted to attend the return fixture in Naples. Rangers and Napoli made known our concerns on the impact to travelling supporters of both clubs who have already arranged transport and accommodation for the respective matches.

The club appreciates the monumental level of effort and expense required to attend away European fixtures. There is no facility in place to reimburse supporters for pre-booked transport and accommodation for this match. Rangers can only apologise for any inconvenience caused by the most unique and sad circumstances which are beyond our control. The club SLO is in dialogue with Football Supporters Europe (FSE) an independent, non-profit association of fans recognised as a representative body on fan issues by institutions such as UEFA and the Council of Europe and would recommend that affected supporters contact them to note their concerns.

Whilst I understand that this will be a disappointment to you I hope it goes some way to explaining the clubs position."

Regards

David

Good to see the club working with FSE.
Just got that too, FSE the only way forward now.

I got the same email as others and sent this in response

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

I appreciate that this was ultimately a UEFA decision. I also appreciate that the circumstances of Her Majesty’s death are beyond anybody’s control.

I would like to know what representations the club have made to UEFA about the impact on away supporters. There has been significant media coverage of this story and discussion among fan groups in recent days. Everybody - other fans, journalists - has agreed that the idea that “sporting fairness” requires Rangers to receive no allocation in Naples as a complete nonsense. Assuming that the club agree, what representations were made to UEFA?

I am interested in the comment that UEFA have control of the host stadium. Did the club highlight that Sparta Prague received an allocation for their fans at Ibrox in the Europa League last season, when no allocation had been offered to Rangers for the game in Prague?

Given that the reason we received no allocation was that Sparta’s stadium was closed due to racist behaviour by their fans previously, surely it is astonishingly unfair that Rangers fans are being denied an allocation given the circumstances whereby we have been unable to offer Napoli an allocation. We are being treated less favourably by UEFA than Sparta Prague were in a comparable situation. Did the club highlight this and lobby for UEFA to insist that we get an allocation in Naples?

Clearly, a decision had to be taken about our allocation in Naples when we were unable to offer Napoli an allocation at Ibrox. UEFA have determined that the “unfairness” to Napoli of having to allow a small allocation to Rangers was greater than the “unfairness” of stopping Rangers fans - who have already spent hundreds of pounds on flights and accommodation in good faith- from attending the game.

I would be grateful if you could a) confirm that the club share my view of how egregious the present situation is b) detail what representations were made to UEFA to try and change the original decision and c) set out what steps the club will take to try and have the decision about our allocation reversed.

Kind regards

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

I appreciate that this was ultimately a UEFA decision. I also appreciate that the circumstances of Her Majesty’s death are beyond anybody’s control.

I would like to know what representations the club have made to UEFA about the impact on away supporters. There has been significant media coverage of this story and discussion among fan groups in recent days. Everybody - other fans, journalists - has agreed that the idea that “sporting fairness” requires Rangers to receive no allocation in Naples as a complete nonsense. Assuming that the club agree, what representations were made to UEFA?

I am interested in the comment that UEFA have control of the host stadium. Did the club highlight that Sparta Prague received an allocation for their fans at Ibrox in the Europa League last season, when no allocation had been offered to Rangers for the game in Prague?

Given that the reason we received no allocation was that Sparta’s stadium was closed due to racist behaviour by their fans previously, surely it is astonishingly unfair that Rangers fans are being denied an allocation given the circumstances whereby we have been unable to offer Napoli an allocation. We are being treated less favourably by UEFA than Sparta Prague were in a comparable situation. Did the club highlight this and lobby for UEFA to insist that we get an allocation in Naples?

Clearly, a decision had to be taken about our allocation in Naples when we were unable to offer Napoli an allocation at Ibrox. UEFA have determined that the “unfairness” to Napoli of having to allow a small allocation to Rangers was greater than the “unfairness” of stopping Rangers fans - who have already spent hundreds of pounds on flights and accommodation in good faith- from attending the game.

I would be grateful if you could a) confirm that the club share my view of how egregious the present situation is b) detail what representations were made to UEFA to try and change the original decision and c) set out what steps the club will take to try and have the decision about our allocation reversed.

Kind regards
Well said mate. Interesting to see hiw they wriggle out of the prague situation and the difference

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

Kind regards

Hi NB,

I was speaking to our CS manager there and he hasn’t received this reply. Can you send this again? Thanks.

If you’ve paid hundreds of pounds I don’t see why you wouldn’t. Hundreds will be buying home end in the same section which will turn it into an unofficial away end. Though I do see Napoli doing the sensible thing and giving us an allocation.
Problem with that is that the middle sections are split in 3, not sure if they would let you move in between. i was looking at distinti. Will see what happens.

The club needs to raise the double standards of the Sparta Prague situation.

No 'sporting integrity' considered when racists are being punished - they were still allowed to take away fans.

Now our fans have done nothing wrong here, but are being punished.

Why are we being punished more than racists were?

Surely an open goal for the club to use against UEFA.

@Greg Marshall

Interesting.

They certainly fight for their fans and very publicly too.

Sadly we're left in the dark and second guessing everything.

All this lip service about improving communication for the fans, but actions speak louder than words.

Kudos to the junior SLO, David,

Taken some time to publish a decent response.

A step change, which is always welcome.

Back