Napoli Away?

Oooft.

First interaction since we unveiled his signing in Nov 2021.

Big moment for the Customer Services Manager.

:)
Easiest way to get in contact with him is dig him up on LinkedIn.

Otherwise his email is a closely guarded secret which is a great thing for a customer services manager.

Worth completing the survey on below link for those booked up for this trip...

Worth completing the survey on below link for those booked up for this trip...

Sent, still don’t have any hope.

Not sure how hundreds plan to buy home end. It's not that easy here. Only realistic way is resale sites.
That's not correct. I registered for the site https://www.ticketone.it/?affiliate=WMA and with a bit of perseverance and Google Translate eventually got registered. Rangers tickets are not on sale yet but I could have purchased tickets for Napoli v Liverpool for instance, so I am optimistic its going to work....

Italy is strict for ID, especially away fans. That being said, they were apparently quite lax with it when Liverpool went there

Quite lax?

They had photos taken as they came off the bus, had to have ID and tickets checked, then held on a bus for an hour before the game.

Not quite lax in my view.

I got the same email as others and sent this in response

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

I appreciate that this was ultimately a UEFA decision. I also appreciate that the circumstances of Her Majesty’s death are beyond anybody’s control.

I would like to know what representations the club have made to UEFA about the impact on away supporters. There has been significant media coverage of this story and discussion among fan groups in recent days. Everybody - other fans, journalists - has agreed that the idea that “sporting fairness” requires Rangers to receive no allocation in Naples as a complete nonsense. Assuming that the club agree, what representations were made to UEFA?

I am interested in the comment that UEFA have control of the host stadium. Did the club highlight that Sparta Prague received an allocation for their fans at Ibrox in the Europa League last season, when no allocation had been offered to Rangers for the game in Prague?

Given that the reason we received no allocation was that Sparta’s stadium was closed due to racist behaviour by their fans previously, surely it is astonishingly unfair that Rangers fans are being denied an allocation given the circumstances whereby we have been unable to offer Napoli an allocation. We are being treated less favourably by UEFA than Sparta Prague were in a comparable situation. Did the club highlight this and lobby for UEFA to insist that we get an allocation in Naples?

Clearly, a decision had to be taken about our allocation in Naples when we were unable to offer Napoli an allocation at Ibrox. UEFA have determined that the “unfairness” to Napoli of having to allow a small allocation to Rangers was greater than the “unfairness” of stopping Rangers fans - who have already spent hundreds of pounds on flights and accommodation in good faith- from attending the game.

I would be grateful if you could a) confirm that the club share my view of how egregious the present situation is b) detail what representations were made to UEFA to try and change the original decision and c) set out what steps the club will take to try and have the decision about our allocation reversed.

Kind regards
Your post is well written but I really question why Rangers cancelled the Napoli away fans tickets in the first instance - everyone else's tickets were valid for the next day (?). I doubt that this was entirely a UEFA decision.

OK, but even if they did (I personally have never experienced that in Italy, even at some very tasty games), buy your tickets from https://www.ticketone.it/?affiliate=WMA and show your ID (?). Are they not going to let anyone into the stadium that has a UK ID - that is a complete long-shot... (?).
Bit of a coin toss. Been to a few matches out there and sometimes been checked and sometimes not.

I actually have a ticket for tomorrow night in the away end through English FA. I can’t make it though and told them 3 week ago to let someone else have it (it’s pick up on the day) they weren’t able to as the tickets had already been printed and it has my name on and obviously with the guidance the Italians give that it’ll be checked against ID the English FA can’t just dish it out to anyone other than me.

Last edited:
Quite lax?

They had photos taken as they came off the bus, had to have ID and tickets checked, then held on a bus for an hour before the game.

The poster on here who was at the game said although they were holding passports up they weren't checking if they matched the name on ticket and that the checks at the ground were nonexistent

Italy is strict for ID, especially away fans. That being said, they were apparently quite lax with it when Liverpool went there

Liverpool reported to us it was very strict but was done when entering the coaches by police.

The Liverpool fans were required to be photographed holding their passport and ticket showing it matched prior to entering the buses which transported them to the game.

The fact that they were to be photographed was not disclosed prior to the match and came as a shock to them.

Liverpool reported to us it was very strict but was done when entering the coaches by police.

The Liverpool fans were required to be photographed holding their passport and ticket showing it matched prior to entering the buses which transported them to the game.

The fact that they were to be photographed was not disclosed prior to the match and came as a shock to them.
I seen that, crazy but I wonder how much of it was down to the reaction of Naples police from the "advice" that Liverpool gave out to their travelling fans.

Also read that Spirit of Shankly have asked FSE to look into the legality of the police doing that

Quite lax?

I was Talking about at the stadium itself, Liverpool fans were advised to take the buses, but I know that a number of their fans made their own way their after collecting tickets and had minimal checks regarding ID etc

I was Talking about at the stadium itself, Liverpool fans were advised to take the buses, but I know that a number of their fans made their own way their after collecting tickets and had minimal checks regarding ID etc

Need to get the survey shared on social media, spread it far and wide

That's not correct. I registered for the site https://www.ticketone.it/?affiliate=WMA and with a bit of perseverance and Google Translate eventually got registered. Rangers tickets are not on sale yet but I could have purchased tickets for Napoli v Liverpool for instance, so I am optimistic its going to work....
Not sure mate. I’ve been checking and you need an ID to buy the ticket and to get into the stadium. My napolitano mate said he was checked three times getting into the Liverpool game. Checking ID against the name on the ticket. To buy a ticket at the ticket sales point I need to show an ID so not sure how it will work on the ticket one site. Good luck to you if it works though, although I’m sceptical

If we do get tickets there is no way I'm.gettimg one of those buses. Looks a total ballache. Talk about sucking the enjoyment out of a trip.

Back