Napoli interested in Borna?

He’s been linked to Italy for a while.

As much as we don’t want to lose our best players I would have him in the bracket of happy to sell for the right price. A top class left back is limited to what he can add to a game in Scotland versus say a top class midfield/forward.

My only reservation would be our system is designed to get the best out of both full backs so the coaching staff may disagree. Signing Hagi I hope will result in a different dynamic to our play as I really want to see him in the number 10 role not wide right.

Think if the offer is right Borna will be one of the players we would sell. Would say £10 million would be a good deal given the circumstances

As much as we don’t want to lose our best players I would have him in the bracket of happy to sell for the right price. A top class left back is limited to what he can add to a game in Scotland versus say a top class midfield/forward.

My only reservation would be our system is designed to get the best out of both full backs so the coaching staff may disagree. Signing Hagi I hope will result in a different dynamic to our play as I really want to see him in the number 10 role not wide right.

14 assists would suggest he is more important to us than any of our midfielders were last season. The 2 at the piggery, Feyenoord away Porto away etc

Got to accept that our model is based on good scouting and selling at the right time. A professional football player wants to play at the highest level unless there is real emotional tie to a particular club.

The Scottish system is tired and boring. Can’t imagine for Borna that there is much lure in the thought of four games v Motherwell, Livingston, Aberdeen etc,

If they got 25mill for Tierney we should be looking to get the same for Borna. First choice for Croatia and we are going to sell him for less than Scotland’s second best left back? I don’t want him to leave by the way but for that money and the fact we have a ready made replacement we would have to sell and strengthen other areas.

Barisic is exactly the sort of player we should be actively looking to cash in on, especially now that we appear to have a more able deputy.

One I would prefer to keep until he retires to be honest.

Unfortunately his age means if we want BIG money for him it has to be this year or next for him to be sold.

Anyone claiming £10m or £15m to one of the top Italian teams might want to think again.All opionion but he is minimum £20m maybe a touch more. One of the best in Europe. If he was a Napoli player already he would be £50m.

Well have the usual suspects - accept £5 million, biscuit hips had potential blah blah fuckin blah
Same ones undervaluing our players are the same who funnily enough talk up bheast values

£20 million, we don’t need to sell Borna, it’s up to Napoli to persuade us to deal.

They can %^*& off with any insulting offer.

Really need to win 55 first then I won’t feel as uneasy about our good players being linked with moves away.

He would be a star in Italy, would fit right in. I wouldn’t let any of our best players go this season though, we must pull out all the stops to win the league.

I love Borna and would rather he stayed with us but if he is to go it has to be at the the same price if not more than what Arsenal paid for plastic hips, we need to start bigging up out own players valuations

So the first choice Croatia left back with rave performances in the Europa league for only £15m . Need to stop undervaluing our players
I don't think for a second that he's worth as little as that, I'm meaning that circa £15 million is likely the upper ceiling of what we'd likely sell for. We as a club have a terrible history of underselling players.

Barisic is exactly the sort of player we should be actively looking to cash in on, especially now that we appear to have a more able deputy.
Have you seen enough of Bassey to say we appear to have a more able deputy?
Barisic is exactly the sort of playing we should be doing everything we can to keep if we’re to win the league this season.

One of our best players. We are already hearing Morelos is potentially going, add Borna to that and we are going to need an awful lot of first team buys who can hit the ground running to make us better than we currently are.
Too big a risk to sell in my opinion.

Supposing it were true we’d need to be careful. I get needing to sell a big player for megabucks, but if we sell all our best players I wouldn’t fancy our chances of replacing them all with the adequate quality in time.

Last edited:
Well have the usual suspects - accept £5 million, biscuit hips had potential blah blah fuckin blah
Same ones undervaluing our players are the same who funnily enough talk up bheast values

£20 million, we don’t need to sell Borna, it’s up to Napoli to persuade us to deal.

They can %^*& off with any insulting offer.

not as clear as that though. Probably couldn’t think of two worse players having an option of a big move to Italy or England and us refusing than Alfie and Borna.

Obviously I’d rather keep Borna but he’s 27 so his best years are either going to be with us or with someone else.

Personally I think it is imperative we hold onto our best players for this season. We win the league then I'd be happy for us to rip it up and rebuild.

But if we were to move the likes of Borna on then no matter who comes in there will be a bedding in process. And as we saw with Borna himself, that can take time.

We don't have time.

Last edited:
Should only be selling 1 first team player a season, if any. Morelos this year, Barasic must stay!!!

It’s important we keep him this season if we’ve any chance of winning the league. A good season and euros next summer will see his value rocket. Potentially upwards of 20m imo.

If the mentally challengeds can get £25 million for rubber hips. Im sure we could get £30 million for Croatia number 1 left back. Who has 4 years left on his contract.

Think everyone knows that if the money is to good to turn down then we will sell. Croatian left back with best of his career to come. I actually think we would get more money for Borna than Morelos.

Right money we should sell but as with Morelos let’s do any deals now so the correct replacements can be brought in.

Its a cliche, but you dont improve by selling your best players. I understand we need to balance books, but as a fan, im more intrested in having the best team on the pitch possible.

If we're going to put it all into winning the league this coming season, then we need to hold onto Morelos and Barisic. Only after that should we cash in on transfers.

Back