Napoli linked with Billy Gilmour on Loan

I’m surprised they’re looking at loaning him out. With the way he was playing I thought he’d still be getting regular game time with them this season. He didn’t exactly look out of place or particularly raw did he?

Aye, he played the last few mins of the game on Wednesday night.

Given Scotland being in the euros next summer, I half expect young Billy to go somewhere on loan in January to clock up minutes of pitch time to ensure he’s in the thoughts of the jakey.

He should come back to us for 55. With the 5 sub rule we can give more players game time. Jack is injured currently, we'll pick up suspensions and probably more injuries as we go along. He'll get the minutes
Surprised it took so many posts before anyone suggested this.

As talented as he is, would he be an automatic pick for us? I’m not sure he would at the moment.

If Napoli can offer him that, he should take it.

I’m surprised they’re looking at loaning him out. With the way he was playing I thought he’d still be getting regular game time with them this season. He didn’t exactly look out of place or particularly raw did he?
He didn't but Chelsea are strong in midfield. Lampard was saying he would get game time in champions league

Given the amount of players they scatter all over the globe on loan the law of averages would mean some have make a bit of an impact on return.
Gilmour was so unlucky given the timing of his injury as he had shown he could more than hold his own in the team, but if the club can sign players of 90m he will always be struggling for game time imo.
Chelsea normally have around 30-40 players out on loan.

I remember seeing him for the very first time during a pre-match warmup at Ibrox when Pedro was manager. Billy was there picking up the balls and looked like he was about 12.

Amazing how far he's come in just a few years

Doubt he will be going on loan.

He will get plenty of game time at Chelsea now he is back fit.

Might be wrong but since he wasn’t in contract with us (we got a development fee) - I don’t think any add-ons do or could exist.
Thats the reason I posted the later thread, the report suggests that add on’s could take it up the nearer £2m, I was wanting to know if this is just guesswork from the writer.

Boy gets more attention and more praise on here than players that a played for us. Strange.
Don't really get why his every move or good game is worthy of a thread he contributed nothing to Rangers apart from 500k development fee. Players that actually played for us and contributed get a worse press on here.
That's before you add in the fact that if he is successful which by looks if it he is going to be it will make it harder to keep hold of young talent as agents and EPL clubs will fill the players heads that they can be next Gilmour. Would be better for us as a club if he wasn't successful as we could use it as an example of why kids are better staying with us to develop then get a big move that will benefit us way more than 500k.
i fully agree mate, i couldn.t give a toss where he ends up or what he does in the future.
Boy gets more attention and more praise on here than players that a played for us. Strange.
Don't really get why his every move or good game is worthy of a thread he contributed nothing to Rangers apart from 500k development fee. Players that actually played for us and contributed get a worse press on here.
That's before you add in the fact that if he is successful which by looks if it he is going to be it will make it harder to keep hold of young talent as agents and EPL clubs will fill the players heads that they can be next Gilmour. Would be better for us as a club if he wasn't successful as we could use it as an example of why kids are better staying with us to develop then get a big move that will benefit us way more than 500k.

Great opportunity to learn a different culture and develop in a league with more time on the ball. Hope he goes for it
I'd normally agree. However, having read Maradona's biography and seen Gomorrah, I'm thinking he could do that elsewhere. Nice weather though

Rino could turn him into Rino 2. Same enthusiasm for hte game and the same skill set. If we can't have him, at least he will be under the Rangers ethos.

Back