Napoli linked with Billy Gilmour on Loan

apCRF4s.gif

I would be surprised, based on the way Rino has set up his Napoli team. That said, I would love that to happen.

Boy gets more attention and more praise on here than players that a played for us. Strange.
Don't really get why his every move or good game is worthy of a thread he contributed nothing to Rangers apart from 500k development fee. Players that actually played for us and contributed get a worse press on here.
That's before you add in the fact that if he is successful which by looks if it he is going to be it will make it harder to keep hold of young talent as agents and EPL clubs will fill the players heads that they can be next Gilmour. Would be better for us as a club if he wasn't successful as we could use it as an example of why kids are better staying with us to develop then get a big move that will benefit us way more than 500k.

Last edited:
A good move for the player and with the manager being able to speak English and understand BG’s accent, that should help him settle.

Isn’t he related to a poster on here?
If anyone in here had a relative with such a talent, I’d be happy for them and wishing their relative the best of fortune, no matter who he played for. ( obviously 1 exception)
So good luck Billy hope you make a good living out of your football career.

Isn’t he related to a poster on here?
If anyone in here had a relative with such a talent, I’d be happy for them and wishing their relative the best of fortune, no matter who he played for. ( obviously 1 exception)
So good luck Billy hope you make a good living out of your football career.
He’s Stevie from 4Lads nephew (I think). Can’t remember his username on here.

Not surprised he’s looking for a loan move. A good 5 months playing regularly at a high level should get him in the squad for the Euros.

A smashing young player. My only concern is how does he get a place in that Chelsea team. A loan move makes sense at the moment.

That would be a great move for him. He will be the best Scottish player of a generation

That would be a very good move for Billy Gilmour in his career development.

Needs to be playing regular games.

It would be a fantastic move for him. Much more beneficial than going to jobber teams like Fulham or the English Championship.

Boy gets more attention and more praise on here than players that a played for us. Strange.
Don't really get why his every move or good game is worthy of a thread he contributed nothing to Rangers apart from 500k development fee. Players that actually played for us and contributed get a worse press on here.
That's before you add in the fact that if he is successful which by looks if it he is going to be it will make it harder to keep hold of young talent as agents and EPL clubs will fill the players heads that they can be next Gilmour. Would be better for us as a club if he wasn't successful as we could use it as an example of why kids are better staying with us to develop then get a big move that will benefit us way more than 500k.
I would hope we have have stage payments structured into the deal, debut/, x amount of first team games/Cap/Champ League debut all maybes but a few boxes ticked already.

He should come back to us for 55. With the 5 sub rule we can give more players game time. Jack is injured currently, we'll pick up suspensions and probably more injuries as we go along. He'll get the minutes

I would hope we have have stage payments structured into the deal, debut/, x amount of first team games/Cap/Champ League debut all maybes but a few boxes ticked already.
I doubt it, the fee was essentially a good will gesture from Chelsea. Also, I’m sure we got fined for it or Chelsea did, can’t quite remember.

Do you know what, I think we got fined & that was one of the reasons Chelsea got their transfer ban.

Doubt it.Chelsea were kind giving us 500 grand in the first place

Chelsea won’t loan him out until he meets their home grown criteria for EPL/UEFA registration purposes imo. Although by that time, he could’ve established himself as a squad player.

EDIT: I think he actually already qualifies for it now so maybe they will. Didn’t realise he’d been gone for 3 and a half years!

Was never gonna get a kick of the ball this season at Chelsea. Be interesting to see how he fairs if he can get some regular game time. Having said that not sure he would be a regular with Napoli either tbh.

We have nothing like that. He never signed pro contract with us. Sure the 500k was more a goodwill gesture than anything by Chelsea.

Do Chelsea ever send anyone out on loan who comes back and become an established, successful part of the team?

Tammy Abraham done well last season and has done well in the appearances he's made this season.

They have such a big squad though with so many players out on loan most seasons.

Like we have a great record eh !

Do Chelsea ever send anyone out on loan who comes back and become an established, successful part of the team?
Abraham, Mount, Zouma, James all been out on loan and all regular first team players this season. Christensen and Tomori as well although not featured as frequently this season. Abraham and Mount got a lot of game time last year too.

He should come back to us for 55. With the 5 sub rule we can give more players game time. Jack is injured currently, we'll pick up suspensions and probably more injuries as we go along. He'll get the minutes
We dont need some one with hardly any experience coming for 55

Given the amount of players they scatter all over the globe on loan the law of averages would mean some have make a bit of an impact on return.
Gilmour was so unlucky given the timing of his injury as he had shown he could more than hold his own in the team, but if the club can sign players of 90m he will always be struggling for game time imo.

From his point of view too, imagine living and working on the Bay of Naples. Beautiful area.

Like we have a great record eh !
Not saying we do. I'm just looking at it from a Rangers POV. I don't wish the boy ill will but him being a success isn't going to help us keep talented kids going forward I honestly don't know how anyone can argue differently.

I'd say Gilmour is different in that he is expected to make the first team. Chelsea sign loads of players with the intention of loaning them out before selling.

Yeah I think the approach with Chelsea is to buy cheaply, punt them out on loan and then sell.

I don't think he'll make it there.

Back