NARSA 2021

Exilenla

Hello Hello!!

To make up in some small way for the disappointment on losing out on San Francisco 2020, I'm delighted to tell you that planning is well underway for our 2021 return to Bramalea in wonderful Toronto, Ontario, Canada! Our first main point of business is to get hotel bookings opened. To do this you can secure your rooms in two main ways:

The cost we have secured the majority of the rooms are $209 CAD per night. This rate is subject to two Ontario taxes (4% Municipal Accommodation Tax, and 13% Harmonized Sales Tax), therefore the total cost for the room including taxes will be $245.62 CAD ($209.00 + 4% MAT ($8.36) + 13% HST ($28.26).

We are working closely with the Westin Harbour Castle hotel and the Bramalea RSC organizing committee to monitor ongoing COVID-related restrictions or requirements that may impact our ability to put on the type of event that we're planning for, and we commit to keeping everyone informed as our journey continues. For now, we're assuming everything will be back to normal and are planning accordingly.

Good luck with the bookings and please let us know if there's anything we can help with.

Check out our new-look website homepage too: https://narsa.ca/
Follow Follow!
Gary Gillan

President, NARSA

President, RSCC

Haven't been to a Narsa event since Orlando 2011 (I think). Got a family wedding in Toronto in August 2021 don’t think I can make two trips in the space of a few months.

Was due to fly to Toronto in August but my flight have just been cancelled. This might work a treat :D

I’ve never been to a narsa conversation before. what’s the likely itinerary? Is there events on all three nights I assume?

Does anyone know who’s hosting in 2022 as this would have been decided at the AGM this year if it had gone ahead?

Was due to fly to Toronto in August but my flight have just been cancelled. This might work a treat :D

I’ve never been to a narsa conversation before. what’s the likely itinerary? Is there events on all three nights I assume?
There’s talking on Friday, further talking on Saturday and a going away talk on Sunday. :p

Does anyone know who’s hosting in 2022 as this would have been decided at the AGM this year if it had gone ahead?
Wheels are in motion on that front, nothing to divulge at the moment but hopefully soon’ish

Last edited:

Hello Hello!!

To make up in some small way for the disappointment on losing out on San Francisco 2020, I'm delighted to tell you that planning is well underway for our 2021 return to Bramalea in wonderful Toronto, Ontario, Canada! Our first main point of business is to get hotel bookings opened. To do this you can secure your rooms in two main ways:

The cost we have secured the majority of the rooms are $209 CAD per night. This rate is subject to two Ontario taxes (4% Municipal Accommodation Tax, and 13% Harmonized Sales Tax), therefore the total cost for the room including taxes will be $245.62 CAD ($209.00 + 4% MAT ($8.36) + 13% HST ($28.26).

We are working closely with the Westin Harbour Castle hotel and the Bramalea RSC organizing committee to monitor ongoing COVID-related restrictions or requirements that may impact our ability to put on the type of event that we're planning for, and we commit to keeping everyone informed as our journey continues. For now, we're assuming everything will be back to normal and are planning accordingly.

Good luck with the bookings and please let us know if there's anything we can help with.

Follow Follow!
Gary Gillan

President, NARSA

President, RSCC
Any word on 2022?

Booked my hotel and looking forward to this. Missed out on Toronto in 2014 for health reasons but this will make up for that I'm sure.

Great bunch of Bears in the Bramalea RSC.

Me and my mate have booked up to go over. Had a brilliant time in Calgary at our last visit. Can't wait for this one.

Thursday night is the welcome night. Very informal and a chance for the Bears to get together. Usually have a DJ or something on and maybe a Q&A with the ex-players who are there.

Friday night is the Blue Night. Again informal but should have some cultural entertainment.

Saturday night is the Grand Banquet and a chance to get dressed up smart for a sit down dinner. Again, there'll be entertainment on.

The Sunday is usually the leaving party and another chance to get blootered before heading home.

The Friday daytime there's golf and football (at the same time unfortunately if you want to do both) and an excursion for the non golfers/footballers.

Saturday daytime is the the formal business part with the NARSA AGM and a Q&A with club representatives.

The last one in Bramalea will take some beating. Love Toronto so all being well we will be there
Hope 2022 is back to Bahamas - another great convention

Hello Hello!!

Follow Follow!
Gary Gillan

President, NARSA

President, RSCC
Was in there club bar 5 years ago good sing song and pints of tennents good memories was over for the walk at carlton

Hotel booked For us - something to look forward to

Niagara on the lake is a beautiful spot
that could be Friday sorted - itinerary looks spot on
Just need to check with the Burlington and London loyal troops first

Back