NARSA

Few of us on buttons at 7.00 on different platforms. Guess we were all unlucky.

If you didn't get tickets tonight then you were genuinely unlucky. That's what happens at any event where the huge demand oustrips the supply of tickets. The capacity at the venue was already increased from an initial 1,300 or so to 1,872 and that still wasn't enough.

It's a gutter for anyone who missed out but there's nothing else to it.

Few of us on buttons at 7.00 on different platforms. Guess we were all unlucky.

I tried to get an extra, had 2 in my basket and when I went to pay it was gone.

The way they’ve sorted it has been a shambles but demands way too high. Just an insight into first come, first served and how much of a free for all it is - be more fun when it’s for match tickets

If you didn't get tickets tonight then you were genuinely unlucky. That's what happens at any event where the huge demand oustrips the supply of tickets. The capacity at the venue was already increased from an initial 1,300 or so to 1,872 and that still wasn't enough.

Do you think there’ll be any scope to increase the numbers further? Possibly not the banquet but no reason they can’t have more at the Welcome night/Blue night

Do you think there’ll be any scope to increase the numbers further? Possibly not the banquet but no reason they can’t have more at the Welcome night/Blue night

There's talk of a two night package but I don't think that's close just yet.

Have a listen to the podcast here as it explains a couple of options.

There's talk of a two night package but I don't think that's close just yet.

Have a listen to the podcast here as it explains a couple of options.

If I’m being honest, I’ve no interest in the Saturday night, been twice and think it’s dreadful. Reckon they should’ve always done it separately anyway

The way they’ve sorted it has been a shambles but demands way too high. Just an insight into first come, first served and how much of a free for all it is - be more fun when it’s for match tickets

Not being funny but what was a shambles? And what could they have done differently than first come first served?

If I’m being honest, I’ve no interest in the Saturday night, been twice and think it’s dreadful. Reckon they should’ve always done it separately anyway
That's me as well. I much prefer the Thursday/Friday. The dinner doesn't interest me anymore, but can understand Bears who haven't been before wanting to go.

The cost of the tickets seems weighted to the dinner, so I'll just wait and see if I can pick-up Thursday/Friday tickets closer to the event.

Got to agree the sat is dreadful. Missed the previous sale and tonight's but hopefully way they are taking in the podcast should hopefully be ok for the 2 nights package

Not being funny but what was a shambles? And what could they have done differently than first come first served?
They could easily sell the event tickets separately for a start the last time people were selling individual day tickets as they had no intention of going to certain nights but had to buy all 3 at the time

I know of people in member Narsa clubs that missed out, that’s why I think it’s a shambles

They could easily sell the event tickets separately for a start the last time people were selling individual day tickets as they had no intention of going to certain nights but had to buy all 3 at the time

Yeah that'd definitely be an option as not everyone enjoys the Saturday night. I guess it's easier for them to manage it it they just sell them as the set of three, especially if it's going to sell out.

I know people in member Narsa clubs that missed out, that’s why I think it’s a shambles

That's strange because NARSA clubs were given priority access to the original batch of tickets and again to the extra tickets. All clubs were notified of the dates and times of the sales and told to pass it on to their members.

That's strange because NARSA clubs were given priority access to the original batch of tickets and again to the extra tickets. All clubs were notified of the dates and times of the sales and told to pass it on to their members.

I know there was a priority window but my understanding is an error was made in the numbers, they then tried to see if a few could be put aside but think they got told no

Obviously an error on the clubs part but you’d think they’d sort them before putting a second batch on public sale?

I know there was a priority window but my understanding is an error was made in the numbers, they then tried to see if a few could be put aside but think they got told no

Obviously an error on the clubs part but you’d think they’d sort them before putting a second batch on public sale?

Fair enough. I don't know the details of that

I just thought it was a bit unfair to call it a shambles when NARSA gave all members two separate opportunities to buy their tickets before they went on general sale.

Fair enough. I don't know the details of that

I just thought it was a bit unfair to call it a shambles when NARSA gave all members two separate opportunities to buy their tickets before they went on general sale.

Of course, ultimately the errors with whoever was sorting numbers but just thought it would be good to sort a few before putting some more on public sale

Tbh, demand was always going to outstrip supply given its Vegas, 50th anniversary of Barca and 150th anniversary

What exactly was a ‘Shambles’ about it ?
Is this how you behave when a concert sells out?

People can still go and have a good time irrespective of missing out on PH NARSA rooms and tickets. Saturday night is a bore a %^*& anyway.

CLEARLY you do not have any understanding of the inner workings of the ticket sale or convention planning in general. There was NO error made in any numbers!

There was an initial ticket count, and they sold out in record time! We went back to the hotel to increase the banquet space, the increased block was then put on sale to NARSA clubs prior to open sale (as some missed on the initial block due to email errors).

The remainder were put on public sale today, and again those sold in record time.

What and where is this a shambles? Do your self and the rest of us a favor and refrain from posting speculation or conjecture.

The event sold out in record time! It only stands to reason some Bears would loose out :( (regrettably).

By chance are you one of the folk who’ve been sending the obnoxious PMs on Twitter too?

Obviously an error on the clubs part but you’d think they’d sort them before putting a second batch on public sale
Of course, ultimately the errors with whoever was sorting numbers but just thought it would be good to sort a few before putting some more on public sale

Tbh, demand was always going to outstrip supply given its Vegas, 50th anniversary of Barca and 150th anniversary
Again - just to be super doopper clear with you, there was NO error on sorting number. Your second paragraph sums up the situation…… demand simply outstripped the supply. ;)

Last edited:
CLEARLY you do not have any understanding of the inner workings of the ticket sale or convention planning in general. There was NO error made in any numbers!

There was an initial ticket count, and they sold out in record time! We went back to the hotel to increase the banquet space, the increased block was then put on sale to NARSA clubs prior to open sale (as some missed on the initial block due to email errors).

The remainder were put on public sale today, and again those sold in record time.

What and where is this a shambles? Do your self and the rest of us a favor and refrain from posting speculation or conjecture.

The event sold out in record time! It only stands to reason some Bears would loose out :( (regrettably).

By chance are you one of the folk who’ve been sending the obnoxious PMs on Twitter too?
Do you think there is a chance that the Thursday and Friday could have extra tickets released. I’ve friends from ORSA wanting to attend. I’ve got my packages but would give up my Saturday ones to them as I’ve done the Saturday dinners at them before

Do you think there is a chance that the Thursday and Friday could have extra tickets released. I’ve friends from ORSA wanting to attend. I’ve got my packages but would give up my Saturday ones to them as I’ve done the Saturday dinners at them before
That is a possibility, and one we are going to address with the hotel. Much of that possibilities were covered on the NARSA Podcast this week and it can be found here:

Again - just to be super doopper clear with you, there was NO error on sorting number. Your second paragraph sums up the situation…… demand simply outstripped the supply. ;)

Sorry, to be clear I meant member club taking names/sorting the number of tickets they needed - not the event as a whole

Probably didn’t word it very well

A heads up for anyone going to the convention next year in June BA has flights out now ,we just booked it there

I think the Narsa guys do well to get this all arranged. Was always going to be very popular, therefore some will get tickets and some won't. Would be good if a wee pool party could be arranged at PH on the Thursday or Friday.

I think the Narsa guys do well to get this all arranged. Was always going to be very popular, therefore some will get tickets and some won't. Would be good if a wee pool party could be arranged at PH on the Thursday or Friday.
From memory the pool there is pretty sh1t
It’s a rooftop one
It’s not like Flamingo

what’s the script with flights, am I better getting them booked ASAP with BA or do other flights come available or what?
Never been to Vegas or America so don’t really know the drill with flights

what’s the script with flights, am I better getting them booked ASAP with BA or do other flights come available or what?
Never been to Vegas or America so don’t really know the drill with flights

In my experience the earlier you book the better, have found the price usually only goes up. Who knows in the current climate though.

Friend was looking at Barrhead Travel package prices this morning, was miles cheaper to do it as a BA ‘flight & hotel’ package.

It’s a rooftop one
It’s not like Flamingo
Yes was at the pool in 2017. There two pools on the roof, one is very quiet and the other one had a lot of young Americans. Would just be good to have a wee pool party with fellow bears.

In my experience the earlier you book the better, have found the price usually only goes up. Who knows in the current climate though.

Friend was looking at Barrhead Travel package prices this morning, was miles cheaper to do it as a BA ‘flight & hotel’ package.
Cheers mate we have booked wed to wed in the planet Hollywood and have tickets for the convention, just not sorted flights yet

is it only BA who fly to Vegas from UK?

Cheers mate we have booked wed to wed in the planet Hollywood and have tickets for the convention, just not sorted flights yet

There used to be a weekly flight from Glasgow but from memory I think it flys out on Thursdays?

I’d always recommend doing a lay over in New York, Toronto, philli etc - 10.5hrs direct isn’t pleasant

No there will be plenty others, all of which will involve at least one stop as far as I know. In days gone by Thos. Cook did a direct flight in summer but not aware of any that do it now.

It’s a rooftop one
It’s not like Flamingo

6th floor I think, I thought it was ok, but by Vegas standards pretty small.

1622155187253.jpg

Anyone hanging off on flights due to the no entry into US as it stands.

Ive had a few quotes on flights but going wait until closer to the time.

Back