Nathan Oduwa on trial at Swansea

Good for him, hope he finds somewhere he can flourish. Wouldn't surprise any of us in the least if a English Championship or Lg1 side made his trial permanent. Rejected by Livingston, nothing against Livi but I'm sure one of their reasons for not pursuing him was the Scottish game...and our hammer throwers. Good luck to him! Championship might be a bit steep for him ability wise but worse players have found a home at that level

Best of luck to him just needs that wee break/purple patch in his career to be able to call a club home, showed some good skills in his time at us and was good for that level just wasn't the required standard

Lots of tricks and flicks with zero end product.

Glorified 5 a side player.

I’m no sure about that he was a good player for us and some of his skills were out of this world. He speaks highly of us as a club. He Was treated like shite by Scottish mhedia after his rainbow flick all because it was against a bin man or electrician rather than a pro footballer.

He was like one of those ball jugglers you see on the street ,street skillz but he was a crap player .

Just my view

CRyDs1YW0AAXceG.jpg
Yellow Card

I remember him nutmegging a player without actually touching the ball. Player went in to do him, Oduwa stepped to the side and the ball went through the players legs and Oduwa collected it again.

Lots of tricks and flicks with zero end product.

Glorified 5 a side player.

On one of my all too infrequent visits to Ibrox I recall him having an outstanding game against Raith Rovers. Not the toughest opponents ever but he was great that day. Pretty sure he was involved in 3 of the 5 goals - amongst them a spectacular run to set up Barrie McKay.

Hope he can find himself a ‘home’.

Hope it works out for the boy. Remember him having a stormer of a game against Raith Rovers at Ibrox early in the season, think we won by 4 or 5 and was subbed late on.
At full time he came onto the pitch and went round all the stands himself applauding the support.

5-0 was my sons first game and asked him what he thought the score would be and that's what he went for 15/1. Got himself a scooter with his winnings.

He was outstanding that day as was Zelalem

Remember a cold November night at Ibrox v Livingston when he was almost snapped in the first couple of minutes. And the manager said next day something like 'that's what they get for coming up here' or words to that effect. Not even borderline racist.

He had bags of natural talent, but as with a lot of young players these days, seemed to lack any real drive.

Be shocked if he gets a club at that level

Some on here won’t like it but the simple truth is he just wasn’t very good aside from some fancy flicks.

Likeable guy but nowhere near the level required. I still remember stating so at the time and some on here telling us he was going to the very top level

Good luck to him. He flattered to deceive imo. Some nice bits of skill but nothing devastating, no real end product.

I loved watching him. One of the rare players who can make you laugh in delight at his skills. I hope he settles somewhere where he's appreciated (and isn't fouled all the time), and has a good career.

Good luck to him. He showed he has talent, just needs to produce more end products. The treatment and lack of protection he got here was shocking but no surprise tbh.

On one of my all too infrequent visits to Ibrox I recall him having an outstanding game against Raith Rovers. Not the toughest opponents ever but he was great that day. Pretty sure he was involved in 3 of the 5 goals - amongst them a spectacular run to set up Barrie McKay.

Hope he can find himself a ‘home’.

We were frightening that day. Some of the football was outstanding. The early days of Warburton were very exciting, no matter how it turned out.

FF must have some crackin 5 a side teams.

The lad came up tried, never worked out for a few reasons, but good luck to him.

Back