Nathan Patterson - Outstanding

Excellent from the young lad. Drive and tenacity for the full 90 minutes.

Top performance.

EDIT: You could see how much it meant to him when Alfredo scored.
Probably the reason why sfa/celtic/spfl will give him and the others a hefty ban soon.

He enjoyed Alfredo's goal nearly as much as he enjoyed his own v Antwerp.

Great to see him redeem himself with the manager and be back in the team right away when available.

He was more defensive tonight than tav may have been, but he'll have done the job he was told to. Great prospect and glad he is with us.

If Tav isn't back for the piggery he'll play and their shite captain will try and target him. He'll hold his own. but he's on the same side of the park as big Goldson he'll keep an eye!

Livingston's first half game plan was to punt 60 yard diags from Stryjek onto their left wing, bully the young kid at right back and win the second ball. Clearly had never seen Patterson play if they thought that would pay off.

Good player. I might have called Goldson a few wee names tonight though as I thought he was a little bit "shy' in giving him the ball at times.

He must be having the time of his life, what I time to be breaking into the first team. Keep going Nathan son.

I'm very wary about bigging up players after a few games but he looks like he has been a first team regular for years.

Solid on thursday v a decent attacking threat and again tonight very solid when tested and got forward. If he learns from tav we are in safe hands and what would cost millions to replace tav we have a free replacement

The young guy did well tonight. Put himself about too, so shows he feels part of it/not overawed. A wee bit of filling out to do, but that will come in time. He is going to have a great future in this Rangers team that is really starting to go places!

Excellent from the young lad. Drive and tenacity for the full 90 minutes.

Top performance.

EDIT: You could see how much it meant to him when Alfredo scored.
Yes you could.
giphy.gif

If he continues to work his arse off and listens to the coaching staff he will be our best RB in years. I love Tav, I believe Patterson has the potential to be even better. Just my opinion.

Yep, thought the lad had a fabulous game, very impressive stuff. This lad has one hell of a bright future!! Well played kiddo!!

Superb performance tonight from young Patterson. He looks a huge prospect for the future & brilliantly managed by Ge55ard recently.

Special mention to the youth coaches from within the Club who’ve took him to this level at such a young age.

Defensively I thought he was fantastic but as an attacking threat I think there's lots of room for improvement. Obviously the pitch didn't help but I felt he cut inside or looked to play the ball backwards more often than not.

As a prospect though, he's only going to get better and with the coaching staff we have I think we're going to see him push Tav all the way and that says it all. He's 19.

He's been class so far. Think the 1st time he came on this season he looked a bit shaky but the next he played well. Then the antwerp game. Immense then and great again today.

Good to finally get a youth player break through again finally

The boy plays with such a level mature head, when he's not out chasing skirt during lockdown lol.

No but a huge future ahead him and I hope it's with us!

I really like how he’s got a proper throw-in in the locker.

Can launch a ball down or across the park. Nice variation to have.

Suspect Man Utd will struggle with it in the Europa League final.

He is sensational. Working with Tav, Borna, Hagi etc I imagine his crossing and range of passing will become laser-like, frightening prospect.

What’s even better is that he’s a Rangers fan and will always put a solid performance in. He was outstanding tonight, massive future for him. I can see how Lovenkrands and Kevin Thomson rated him so highly at the Academy.

A solid performance and didn’t put a foot wrong. I thought we did miss Tav at times but that’s not the boy’s fault. No one can expect him to come in and be arguably our most creative players like but he played his part. Just a relief to not having to drop to Flanagan levels of quality when a key player is out.

Also, if he reminds you of a young Hutton, you’ve forgotten how bad Hutton 1st was.

slotted in perfectly, gives the club a bit of dilemma going forward the next few years do we sell tav in his last year or do we give him a deal taking him into his testimonial and let Patterson go out on loan as he is far too talented to be a back up?

I'd like to see Patterson used more next season. Tav is not getting any younger and it wont do him any harm to get the odd rest here & there - mostly in the last 20/30 minutes of games that are out of sight, but Patterson has proven today he can more than handle the odd start too.

Solid showing tonight and as mentioned you see what it meant to him as with the Antwerp game. Players with that kind of real commitment to the cause are like priceless.

Hes most likely facing a ridiculous ban but hell come back and looks like hell have a wonderful future.

Him and Maxwell on both flanks would be the ideal scenario in a year or so, it would prove how far our academy has came in such a short time since investment was put back into it.

Question, him or Stephen O’Donnell for the right back spot in the euros? No brainer for me.

I was sad at the prospect of losing such an obvious talent after the Covid breach, however, the management team have been excellent in the way they've handled the situation and Nathan who is a fantastic propect for the future is paying that back abundance. Not only has he got the talent he has a supporters love for the club and I'm so exited for his future. Well done young man

Is it likely we will hear something before the weekend on him and the others being cited? If he plays Saturday and then Europa it’s still giving Tav or more likely Balogun time to get back before any ban kicks in

The biggest compliment I can pay him is that in the last game and a half our captain and arguably our most consistent player of the last few years, our biggest goal and assist threat, hasn't been missed.

What i've been impressed with most about Patterson isn't just his pace, his work-rate and his clear technical ability. It's his calmness and confidence, his intelligence and his ability to play that role seamlessly.

There are senior players who still haven't quite grasped the way we play and what the gaffer wants, it's taken 3 years for others. Patterson has slotted in, so far, exceptionally well. To have the confidence and composure to score that goal on Thursday, after the week he's had, is nothing short of a miracle. To then play so assuredly against a team of cloggers on a plastic pitch at the age of 19(?) is tremendous.

Back