Nathan Patterson - Outstanding

The experience of the last few weeks will stand him in good stead. Some don’t have the attitude or desire to recover from that, Nathan Patterson does.

Every time he’s taken to the park whether it be pre season, off the bench or from the start, he’s looked a player. Not only a capable, able footballer but a confident one. Never panics, keeps his cool and has fantastic awareness and composure.

Impressed with him last night, again.

I really like how he’s got a proper throw-in in the locker.

Can launch a ball down or across the park. Nice variation to have.

Suspect Man Utd will struggle with it in the Europa League final.

Noticed the distance he got on his throw-ins as well. Was pleasantly surprised at that.

He has the natural engine and athleticism that the modern fullback needs. That's the bread and butter for your modern fullback, you can't reach the top without that.

He will need to bulk up a bit but he's only 18/19 as well, still a kid so that will come with time and they'll have him on a programme to assist with that.

If he can work on and improve his end product and develop a good final ball then he has everything in his locker to be a very good fullback. He even looks decent defensively as well.

Very promising.

Reactions: MSF
It good to see the academy finally come up with some good prospects. Between him and Billy Gilmour it looks like 2 top class players have been developed. Lets hope thats only the beginning it would be nice to get a few through per season.

MOTM for me. He went above and beyond what I was expecting of a young lad with limited experience Alfie does what Alfie does and he's world class and you would expect that performance from him but Patterson might not be filling Tavs boots yet but he's certainly trying them on for size

Excellent from the young lad. Drive and tenacity for the full 90 minutes.

Top performance.

EDIT: You could see how much it meant to him when Alfredo scored.

Agree.

He looked comfortable all night.

Looks as if he’s physically developing, was pragmatic when he had to be & showed some real pace a few times too.

He can be very happy with that.

It’s a shame we might not see him again this season, he should now train like mad for next 5 months and see what happens with Tav and his contract.

Excellent performance from someone so young and inexperienced. Bright future ahead.

He played very well, but he is no Frimpong.

If that is his baseline, he will leave Tierney in the dust ability wise, a couple of years from now.

Take heed Nathan.

Im going against the grain here so expecting abuse.

Thought NP had a very good 1st half. 2nd half I never thought he was presenting himself the way Tav does when working out from the back that resulted in breakdown from that point. Played very very well but folk saying he was MOTM is taking it to far IMHO. I love the wee guy but come on.

How can you give MOTM to NP when Goldson was the leader by far on the park last night.

His defensive qualities make me feel safe
His attacking skills are pretty impressive
All be it early days with limited game time & considering his age - I'm not sure what else we can ask for ?

He's showing all the right signs & appears to have all the right skills & ability to be a top class full back

I'm really glad we've got him

I’ve got a feeling the events of the last few weeks will prove to be the making of him.
His potential is massive. He will go on to be a huge player for both Rangers and Scotland

I wouldn't be looking for him to gain much weight....reduction in speed and reaction times.
Many full backs do just fine on the thin side....Lahm is one that springs to mind.
I'm pretty sure if the coaches thought he should be heavier he would be by now.
Although I get your point with the hammer spl throwers.

Full backs are so vital to our shape.
Tav and Borna have been immense.
Big Balogun did nothing wrong but you could see with Patterson the whole balance of the side was better.
He's a defender as well, big lad, seems naturally fit, quick when he's off and running and not shy to get a challenge in. Covered well at the end, for Goldson once in particular.
We've not seen enough of him because Tav's never been injured really.
But these matches are huge, he's bound to come on so much for this.
On what we have seen, it's very easy to see why the management & those who have seen him for a while think he's got such a bright future.

The one he stopped the ball going out for a corner was fantastic defending. His alertness and fast thinking was clearly to see there!

Really looking forward to seeing him as a future starter in the future.

Is it likely we will hear something before the weekend on him and the others being cited? If he plays Saturday and then Europa it’s still giving Tav or more likely Balogun time to get back before any ban kicks in
They will ban him just before we head to the piggery.
It's how they amuse their small minds.

It’s a shame we might not see him again this season, he should now train like mad for next 5 months and see what happens with Tav and his contract.
He’ll play on Sunday and if he’s no been cited by Friday he will play against the scum if Tavs no back.

Back