Nathan Patterson self isolation over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure which part of “I’m not interested in what the mentally challengeds did” isn’t understood.

People posting pics of them sat in a bar....which may or may not actually be from Dubai.

Doesn’t matter.

Digest the fact that our own players wilfully, knowingly breached protocols that the club would have been stressing to them for months on end.

Our manager would have been constantly on at all the players - do not %^*& up here.

But several did. For whatever reason, they didn’t think the rules applied to them. You can talk about mentally challengeds, or bans, all you like.....the clubs own disciplinary process should be draconian enough.
Not sure which part of “I’m not interested in what the mentally challengeds did” isn’t understood.

People posting pics of them sat in a bar....which may or may not actually be from Dubai.

Doesn’t matter.

Digest the fact that our own players wilfully, knowingly breached protocols that the club would have been stressing to them for months on end.

Our manager would have been constantly on at all the players - do not %^*& up here.

But several did. For whatever reason, they didn’t think the rules applied to them. You can talk about mentally challengeds, or bans, all you like.....the clubs own disciplinary process should be draconian enough.

Patterson and co should be be being told to report for training in the summer and he won’t be featuring until then.
I’m not disagreeing with you about the club punishing the players, I get that, although telling them not to come back until the summer is a bit to far.
folk are concerned about the SFA banning them, I don’t get how they can while ignoring other team breaching regulations.

So only time for Gerrards ego?
Don't see the sense in your post to be honest.
Don't see it as ego no the players were made aware of their responsibilities after Edmundson and Jones and that's how Patterson and Co behaved. The players will be banned domestically so do you really think he's going to reward their behaviour by using them in Europe on Thursday night?

Last edited:

Doesn’t matter.

Patterson and co should be be being told to report for training in the summer and he won’t be featuring until then.
You're right, the club will and the club must punish them.
The club have no alternative if they are to maintain discipline during an extremely difficult time for all of us including the players, and where the restrictions are bordering on the inhumane.

That said, the point of the Dubai fiasco as an example, is pertinent.
Because, the lack of action by the SFA in the Dubai matter by every measure of fairness, decency and justice means that the SFA dare not bring any punishment to bear upon Rangers players.
If they do, the club must go in all guns blazing with a battalion of lawyers.

The Dubai matter was not different.
Although The Filth were allowed to make the trip, this did not mean that as soon as they were out of the country the rules that applied in Scotland were out of the window and that the players and staff could treat it like a normal holiday with assemblies by the poolside and bar as they freely went on the piss!

Indeed the behaviour of The Filth in Dubai was a contemptuous slap in the face to every British person locked in their homes back in the UK.

Don't see it as ego no the players were made aware of their responsibilities after Edmundson and Jones and that's how Patterson and Co behaved. The players will be banned domestically so do you really think he's going to reward their behaviour by using them in Europe on Thursday night?
"Reward"?
They get paid to do a job.
We need people on the bench for those positions.
To take potentially inferior players as cover may not be in the best interests of the club.
(It might well be, but it might not be and that's not a call anyone on FF can make)
Everything else is just noise.

He's a Rangers player, it is not an obsession. We dont know what is in front of us. Example, Kent had an injury on Thursday, we lost roofe, Jack went off, Balogun got fuked into the advertising boards at the end on Sunday, while he's fine he could have had an injury.

He'll get his punishment, but if the gaffer wants him back in the team, I'll happily accept it.

On another note Halliday spoke about him on opengoal podcast, says his attitude is first class, would train as told, go play U-18 games if told got on with everything that was required with no moans or attitude. His view was one mistake doesn't negate all this.
Think you have to factor in some issues here. Firstly we set standards as a club and don't follow others. Our manger has a built our success on having professional standards within the whole squad. Patterson and his mates came up way short of those standards. Even if it hurts us on the park we need to maintain standards. This is about doing what is right. there are other youngsters at the club they need to see what happens when you don't uphold the standards you have been instructed to keep.

Secondly they seen what happened to Jones and Edmundson, so in many ways this is a worse situation. The way Gerrard would react and the punishment would have been known to them, the potential effect not he rest of the team would also be known to them. the chances of getting caught would also be known to them. Yet they still did what they did. That is a kind of extra stupid or extra not caring.

So for me Zungu can toddle off and the others can come back to first team squad for pre season training. Missing out on the season finale will either make or break them but they have no place in the squad.

Whatever Halliday says about Patterson or not is irrelevant he has behaved very badly and he knew exactly what he was doing. Shows appalling attitude and judgement. So he has a lot to do to get back to where he was. Football ability is not enough on its own, it has to be accompanied by attitude and sacrifice.

He should have a second chance but needs to do a lot to make up for what he has done. has to show he has the qualities needed to make it at the top mentally as well as skill wise.

On the SFA banning them we need to fight the tooth and nail. We wont play Patterson or Bassey for the rest of this season irrespective what the SFA do. But that doesn't mean we get walked over. Need to be clear about that .

It is our choice if we play them, there has to be clear equitable treatment of all players in the SFA system. We have to demand that of them. If it doesn't happen we fight it all the way.

"Reward"?
They get paid to do a job.
We need people on the bench for those positions.
To take potentially inferior players as cover may not be in the best interests of the club.
(It might well be, but it might not be and that's not a call anyone on FF can make)
Everything else is just noise.
They do get paid to do a job but through their own idiotic behaviour they are unable to do the job they are paid to do now. As I said if they're banned domestically and the Scottish cup doesn't continue then they're no used to us. They will be lucky to even train with the first team again this season never mind featuring in Europe.

They do get paid to do a job but through their own idiotic behaviour they are unable to do the job they are paid to do now. As I said if they're banned domestically and the Scottish cup doesn't continue then they're no used to us. They will be lucky to even train with the first team again this season never mind featuring in Europe.
I wish I was stupid enough to get told I'd be paid for 3 months - 4 years for doing nothing.

You are rambling. They are not banned domestically. They are not banned in Europe. There is nothing stopping the club having them train and keep fit. And there is nothing stopping the best right back we have who can play on Thursday playing.

Why the obsession with this?

A) The league is done
B) Tav will be back in three weeks
C) Balogun has shown he is an able deputy

The lad fucked up and frankly doesn't deserve to be part of the rest of this season. If he can take that on the chin and knuckle down he may have a future at the club. If not he will regret that more than anyone at the club will.
wSiIDnc.gif

I wouldn't have him anywhere near the squad again this season. Pretty sure, based on his comments about Zungu, that Gerrard feels the same.
Next season it would be a case of weighing up if he has learned his lesson & whether Gerrard feels he can trust him. If not then he is toast at Rangers.

I wish I was stupid enough to get told I'd be paid for 3 months - 4 years for doing nothing.

You are rambling. They are not banned domestically. They are not banned in Europe. There is nothing stopping the club having them train and keep fit. And there is nothing stopping the best right back we have who can play on Thursday playing.
Rambling B-) They will be banned domestically to say otherwise is just daft they will get the same punishment as Jones and Edmundson. They're not banned in Europe you're right but Gerrard won't use them if you think he will fair doos but they won't feature again this season.

He’ll be banned but even if he wasnt he doesn’t deserve to be involved in the title run in after the disrespect to the support and the manager

Based on the two hours or so we’ve seen of Balogun and Patterson, Balogun is comfortably the second best right back at the club at this moment in time.

Comfortably? No chance. Patterson has been excellent every time he has featured and to suggest Balogun has been comfortably is rewriting history because of Patterson's crime of being in the vicinity of other humans.

It's a difficult one mate. Yes it's his first mistake but it's a pretty bad one. As I said, if I were Gerrard I would tell him to come back in the summer for pre season and assess things then. If he takes his punishment on the chin and knuckles down he can stay on a final warning. If he mopes and moans he can leave.

His crime was to be in the vicinity of other humans. That is it. He hasn't failed a drugs test, he wasn't lying in a gutter pissed, he hasn't started a brawl in a bar, he happened to be in the vicinity of other humans. Yes in the current climate it shouldn't happen but read this back and then realise how stupid it is to suggest his career should be finished as some are suggesting.

Going by Jones and Edmondson, they'll train as normal but won't be included in the matchday squad. I expect Zungu to be sent back to France immediately.

Comfortably? No chance. Patterson has been excellent every time he has featured and to suggest Balogun has been comfortably is rewriting history because of Patterson's crime of being in the vicinity of other humans.
It’s no insult to Patterson who can become a fantastic right back but Leon is better in that position at this moment in time.

So these guys have had a fine from the police

They have also been fined by the club

And the SFA will want a slice?

FFS people will be saying Big Dunc ban after serving time was justified

Nathan Patterson and the others will be punished and that is right but it needn't be the equivalent of a life sentence. I believe in second chances, especially for young people.

I’d love to hear what all the people on here would be saying if they had come into training and we’d had to field a reserve team. It’s the Manager’s trust that they’ve lost. It’s up to The Manager what happens to their futures with the club.

The SFA are in a 'glass houses' situation now, regarding dishing out bans... It'll be interesting to see how they handle this...

His crime was to be in the vicinity of other humans. That is it. He hasn't failed a drugs test, he wasn't lying in a gutter pissed, he hasn't started a brawl in a bar, he happened to be in the vicinity of other humans. Yes in the current climate it shouldn't happen but read this back and then realise how stupid it is to suggest his career should be finished as some are suggesting.

It's the potential of that though. Had one of their partners been positive and spread it to those 5 players it increases the likelihood of it entering the training ground. If that had happened and we could have ended up with key players isolating we could have found ourselves out of Europe (lost revenue aswell here) and potentially back in a title race. Thankfully they were negative and Celtic are garbage so that didn't happen, but the actions of the 5 brought significant risk to the club.

If out of isolation and covid negative could he be in the European squad tomorrow.

I'm aware he probably won't be and arguably shouldn't be due to whats happened. But am I right in thinking any impending SFA ban wouldn't affect european games?

It’s strange there’s been zero said officially so far. Gerrard said we were ‘in discussions’ with authorities about the situation, I wonder if we’ve made a commitment not to play them and that’s why there’s no urgency to make a call on it?
I think it's odd as well I would suspect we would be kicking off about fact we are the only team to actually have had players punished severly especially after dubai gate

Why wouldn’t he ?

Seriously. Can people take the blue tinted specs off. Why wouldn’t he get a ban.

This is less Dubai and more Bolongoli. Patterson and co will get bans, they’ll deserve them and they’ll have to take their medicine.

The lad should be grateful the manager and the support are likely to forgive him and just take his medicine for now.

Disagree. Dubai was in public, mixing with others not in bubble and the fact that a few actually had covid more or less cements that.

Our 2, went out on the lash and mixed with random others at a party.

Bolingoli went abroad, came back, played then got caught.

Ping-pong flew a bird in from USA, never shagged her, she breached travel laws and put him at risk.

SFA sent officials to Greece and breached own protocols, putting 2 teams at risk.

Our 5 had a dinner party with partners at a private residence...

From official website - Gerrard and Wilson. No details of what 'strong disciplinary sanctions' means. Doesn't sound like a short, sharp, shock let's put it that way :

Firstly, we recognise that it is a huge honour to represent our club and the Rangers fanbase across the world.

Over the course of the last week, we have both ensured that all our players understand our expectations when you are part of this great club.

The players involved have been left in no uncertain terms as to the standards that everyone here is expected to adhere to. It has been an extremely difficult week for those players following their admission of an error of judgement whilst dealing with the consequences of their actions.

Our internal discussions were supported by the immediate honesty shown by the players and an appreciation they fell well below the standards we expect at Rangers Football Club, day in and day out. Those standards form the foundation that we have set as a club in order to achieve our targets as a team.

The first-team squad players have now returned to Auchenhowie. We are both now satisfied that the players completely understand their obligations to our club and accept with sincerity the strong disciplinary sanctions that we have imposed upon them for letting us all down.

We accept their apologies to the club, their team mates and the fans, for whom we are forever grateful for their resolute support and loyalty.

Steven Gerrard - First Team Manager

Ross Wilson - Sporting Director

Sometimes I still can’t believe Gerrard is our manager, just complete class from him again.

Great statement, these lads will learn their lesson the hard way, but wherever decision Gerrard takes to include them in squads or not then I will support it.

They look like on death row.

They realised they've fucked up and will do anything to reverse it.

3 sorry lads.

Disagree. Dubai was in public, mixing with others not in bubble and the fact that a few actually had covid more or less cements that.

Our 2, went out on the lash and mixed with random others at a party.

Bolingoli went abroad, came back, played then got caught.

Ping-pong flew a bird in from USA, never shagged her, she breached travel laws and put him at risk.

SFA sent officials to Greece and breached own protocols, putting 2 teams at risk.

Our 5 had a dinner party with partners at a private residence...

We do not base our standards on what they do.

I understand that but surely you don't expect SG, who is a strict disciplinarian, to select them less than two weeks after their indiscretions. Just ain't going to happen.

Needs must mate especially when we are short there Walter did it with Ferguson. Did Man City cut their nose off with Foden?

Balogun was in the team of the week last time he played RB, he was more than comfortable.

Patterson is a prospect and Balogun is more than an adequate replacement until Tav is back.

Based on your tone you seem to have a soft spot for Patterson.

Needs must mate especially when we are short there Walter did it with Ferguson. Did Man City cut their nose off with Foden?

As I said I think SG is more principled so would just cannot see him using them even if, as you say, needs must.

I genuinely don't believe any of the 3 squad players are needed for tomorrow. Balogun was fine on Sunday at right back, Borna is fit and we have more than enough options mid to front.

From official website - Gerrard and Wilson. No details of what 'strong disciplinary sanctions' means. Doesn't sound like a short, sharp, shock let's put it that way :

Firstly, we recognise that it is a huge honour to represent our club and the Rangers fanbase across the world.

Over the course of the last week, we have both ensured that all our players understand our expectations when you are part of this great club.

The players involved have been left in no uncertain terms as to the standards that everyone here is expected to adhere to. It has been an extremely difficult week for those players following their admission of an error of judgement whilst dealing with the consequences of their actions.

Our internal discussions were supported by the immediate honesty shown by the players and an appreciation they fell well below the standards we expect at Rangers Football Club, day in and day out. Those standards form the foundation that we have set as a club in order to achieve our targets as a team.

The first-team squad players have now returned to Auchenhowie. We are both now satisfied that the players completely understand their obligations to our club and accept with sincerity the strong disciplinary sanctions that we have imposed upon them for letting us all down.

We accept their apologies to the club, their team mates and the fans, for whom we are forever grateful for their resolute support and loyalty.

Steven Gerrard - First Team Manager

Ross Wilson - Sporting Director

Fair play, and once again professionally dealt with. I await the hysteria from the mentally challenged media and press. :)

I understand that but surely you don't expect SG, who is a strict disciplinarian, to select them less than two weeks after their indiscretions. Just ain't going to happen.

As I said I think SG is more principled so would just cannot see him using them even if, as you say, needs must.

I genuinely don't believe any of the 3 squad players are needed for tomorrow. Balogun was fine on Sunday at right back, Borna is fit and we have more than enough options mid to front.

Why not it could be different circumstances from Jones and Edmundson. Their our players so use them when needed and as I said you didn’t see city or their fans with the same outrage over Foden. What’s done is done get them back in the squad ASAP and it clears all the noise

Why not it could be different circumstances from Jones and Edmundson. Their our players so use them when needed and as I said you didn’t see city or their fans with the same outrage over Foden. What’s done is done get them back in the squad ASAP and it clears all the noise

We're just going to have to disagree.

Here is a link to a post on an thread currently on FF regarding the 5 players

Balogun was in the team of the week last time he played RB, he was more than comfortable.

Patterson is a prospect and Balogun is more than an adequate replacement until Tav is back.

Based on your tone you seem to have a soft spot for Patterson.

Balogun has been excellent but I took issue with the word comfortably as if Patterson was miles off it whenever he played which isn't true. He's our best young prospect for many years imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back