Nathan Patterson self isolation over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laudrup is God

It must be close and no notice of complaint or hint of a ban yet when do you think he will be cited and would you put him in the squad until he is banned if he’s banned?

I would we are short there and wouldn’t cut our nose off. After all sir Walter did that with Ferguson but guy shot of him in the summer.

If Edmundson and Jones got banned, he and the others will get banned too. Given the SFAs track record, they'll be lucky to play before the end of the season if they are treating incidents in the same exponential banning manner as they did with the aforementioned two. Maybe that only applies to Rangers players right enough.

If Edmundson and Jones got banned, he and the others will get banned too. Given the SFAs track record, they'll be lucky to play before the end of the season if they are treating incidents in the same exponential banning manner as they did with the aforementioned two. Maybe that only applies to Rangers players right enough.
I agree and just presume it would be a 7 game ban that we wouldn't contest but if they're back in training you'd have to imagine they're free to play until the mysterious compliance system starts working

Why the obsession with this?

A) The league is done
B) Tav will be back in three weeks
C) Balogun has shown he is an able deputy

The lad fucked up and frankly doesn't deserve to be part of the rest of this season. If he can take that on the chin and knuckle down he may have a future at the club. If not he will regret that more than anyone at the club will.

Let's not ruffle any feathers unnecessarily. Don't play him until a SFA/SPFL judgement has been handed out.

Nathan and the rest of the boys shouldn't have anything to do with the rest of the season. They all lost that privilege when they decided they would jeopardise the hard work and money put in by everyone associated with Rangers the past few years.

Do we know the full detail? A ’gathering’ of a few people who operate within a ‘work bubble’ along with, say, wives/girlfriends/partners might be considered a little differently from a random party with a group of people you have never met before.

There's a world of difference between those 5 players going home to their respective partners and all going to sit in the same living room

Have to admit that due to the way results have gone the last couple of weeks I’m a lot less angry at the 5 of them

Why wouldn’t he ?

Seriously. Can people take the blue tinted specs off. Why wouldn’t he get a ban.

This is less Dubai and more Bolongoli. Patterson and co will get bans, they’ll deserve them and they’ll have to take their medicine.

The lad should be grateful the manager and the support are likely to forgive him and just take his medicine for now.

Why wouldn’t he ?

Seriously. Can people take the blue tinted specs off. Why wouldn’t he get a ban.

This is less Dubai and more Bolongoli. Patterson and co will get bans, they’ll deserve them and they’ll have to take their medicine.

The lad should be grateful the manager and the support are likely to forgive him and just take his medicine for now.

They don’t deserve them. They deserve the same treatment as the Dubai rule breakers! I’m not defending their actions, they are arseholes but they deserve fairness.

If an adult needs this sort of supervision not to act like a dick then he shouldn't be at the club. He's got a nice 70 plate audi as well I'm sure he will want to use that.
Was tongue in cheek mate, if the other 2 got welcomed back the other 5 will be welcomed back in a professional manner also from the club. Even if they are still kept separate from the 1st team squad until the expected ban is up

The new Compliance Officer doesn’t start till the 1st March. That maybe is why we’ve heard nothing yet.

They don’t deserve them. They deserve the same treatment as the Dubai rule breakers! I’m not defending their actions, they are arseholes but they deserve fairness.

Sorry, but this isn’t comparable to Dubai. That was a sanctioned, but brainless trip.

This is more Jones and Edmundson, Bolongoli and the Aberdeen players.

you can debate Dubai till you’re blue in the face....what Patterson and co did was go against the rules, knowingly and willfully go against what the club would have been telling them to follow for months on end.

I don’t care about the mentally challengeds to be honest. I don’t even care about The like of Zungu tbh - he’ll be gone soon.

I want, however, a young local lad to understand that being a Rangers player carries a lot of responsibility. There are standards to be upheld - I hope they’re suitably punished and Nathan takes a lot from the experience.

It’s strange there’s been zero said officially so far. Gerrard said we were ‘in discussions’ with authorities about the situation, I wonder if we’ve made a commitment not to play them and that’s why there’s no urgency to make a call on it?

I'm all for the second chance rule of thought.

Nathan I hope would've been gutted given his antics and being young, I hope he's learned a harsh lesson.

Maybe being kind here but I think he might deserve a chance. It will be a last chance.

A) The league is done

The lad fucked up and frankly doesn't deserve to be part of the rest of this season. If he can take that on the chin and knuckle down he may have a future at the club. If not he will regret that more than anyone at the club will.
This confirmed?

Sorry, but this isn’t comparable to Dubai. That was a sanctioned, but brainless trip.

This is more Jones and Edmundson, Bolongoli and the Aberdeen players.

you can debate Dubai till you’re blue in the face....what Patterson and co did was go against the rules, knowingly and willfully go against what the club would have been telling them to follow for months on end.

I don’t care about the mentally challengeds to be honest. I don’t even care about The like of Zungu tbh - he’ll be gone soon.

I want, however, a young local lad to understand that being a Rangers player carries a lot of responsibility. There are standards to be upheld - I hope they’re suitably punished and Nathan takes a lot from the experience.
I’d argue Dubai was more serious. It may well have been a permitted trip, but it still had to be within the rules re bubbles and isolation.

The fact that their CLUB KNOWINGLY allowed players and staff to breach these conditions is a much bigger offence.

Let them deal with their own problems first ps Madden the Linesman etc back to marking your own homework again.

A) The league is done

He’s a kid for goodness sake,give him a kick on the arse,and get him in there.;)

I agree and just presume it would be a 7 game ban that we wouldn't contest but if they're back in training you'd have to imagine they're free to play until the mysterious compliance system starts working
Exactly this, Edmundson and Jones were banned by the club straight away so, of course, the SFA ban only cut in for seven games after the club ban - totally unreasonable - so the club should use Bassey and Patterson, if it suits, until the SFA decide to act.

In the meantime neither are banned for the EL and both are nominated in our squad.

If I am wrong no doubt someone will tell me :D

I’d argue Dubai was more serious. It may well have been a permitted trip, but it still had to be within the rules re bubbles and isolation.

The fact that their CLUB KNOWINGLY allowed players and staff to breach these conditions is a much bigger offence.

Fine, like I said, you can argue about the mentally challengeds till you’re blue in the face.

My own view, as I said above, is that our own offenders need to take their medicine. Whatever the mentally challengeds did in Dubai didn’t have an impact on our players thinking they could just ignore what the club would have been preaching to them for months.

I really think Steven Gerrard must be feeling let down by those players.

A) The league is done

Aye but is his isolation over yet?!

Let's not ruffle any feathers unnecessarily. Don't play him until a SFA/SPFL judgement has been handed out.
Crazy talk. We could keep him out until end of season. Sell Tav and then the SPFL could ban him for first 12 games of next season.
Why would we give them that potential power?

Exactly this, Edmundson and Jones were banned by the club straight away so, of course, the SFA ban only cut in for seven games after the club ban - totally unreasonable - so the club should use Bassey and Patterson until the SFA decide to act.

In the meantime neither are banned for the EL and both are nominated in our squad.

If I am wrong no doubt someone will tell me :D
Haha no doubt! The FF crowd always tell you that you're wrong in a gentle manner though :))
It was no surprise the scum at the SFA didn't backdate the ban from the point we professionally and swiftly dealt with the matter for them, expecting it to run for the season to take them into next season.
If Gerrard has decided they are part of his plans next season, get them in our 18 at some point and force their arm

Him and Bassey will be on the bench on Thursday.
There's no way that is happening after what he said last week about egos and feeling let down. They will be lucky to even see the bench again this season.

Feck being them tomorrow having that conversation with Gerrard.

Not I like the SFA to wait until the isolation period is over (and games within that period) before handing out a suspension.

Having said that, they’ll have an absolute cheek given their own shambles with their officials not isolating correctly.
He was in isolation for UTD. We have no game at the weekend. Livingston on 3rd March is the next game. They will bring down the ban hammer before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back