Nathan Patterson - Start on Wednesday?

Integration yes, as in subs when a games won or against the Stranraers in the cups.

I certainly won’t complain if Patterson does start though, I trust the management team to know better than me.
He suits our playstyle better and Gerrard goes on about keeping the jersey therefore there’s no reason to why he shouldn’t.

Has to be Flanagan 100%, if not then Polster.

Surely we should be good enough to at the very least play Patterson on Wednesday and see how he does? Seniority and experience are vital, I would agree but not when it affects the balance and synergy of the whole team and we have a young lad who maintains our style?

Play him. He played well in the last game and is clearly rated highly. If you aren’t going to play him now you may as well let him go.

It’s St Mirren at Ibrox we’re playing, not Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Killie away. Give the boy a chance, he’s earned it.

Flanagan seems like one of those players who needs to be starting regularly to be any use. I would leave the young boy in on Wednesday and see how he does before considering our options ahead of Sunday.

I'll be amazed if it's not Flanagan. It will be interesting to see what he can offer in his proper position in terms of getting forward. He'll need to do well as his contract is running down.

Yes for this game but Flanagan for Tynecastle. Not his biggest fan but I think he’ll be better going forward on his natural side than we’re normally used to.

I’d start him Wednesday. Should be another game on the front foot and he seems to offer more going forward than Flanagan. Shows a good pathway to the first team for our other youths too which can only help.

I would definitely start him, but knowing how much the gaffer trusts Flanagan i think he will be brought in.

I think he deserves a shot in the team. If the other 10 players perform as they have recently then it isn't even that much of a risk, he can be carried to a certain extent even if he didn't perform. Only way to find out is to give him a run until Tav is back.

Patterson starts tomorrow for me. See how he gets on then consider Hearts.

At this moment it’s Flanagan vs hearts for me.

I think he has show he's more then capable, but can see Gerrard going with Flanagan
What is all this Flannigan changes the way we play about?

I just don't see that. Not at all.

Not a comment on who should play - just seems to be all over any thread about him. Or is it fashionable to say it perhaps?

Said in another thread that I would like to see Patterson keep his place and see how he gets on against better players, yes it is a big step up but he showed enough against Stranraer to keep his place.

SG challenged the players to take their chance. Young Nathan has over the last 2 games. I say we stick with him. His confidence will grow and in my opinion with what I have seen the boy is good enough for SPFL

I'm sure the gaffer will make the correct choice, if he thinks the young lad can handle it, then he'll play.

Definitely for tomorrow and I'd say the same at Tynecastle. Hearts are absolute dire, let him attack them with the required cover sitting in just like it does for Tav and Barisic. If the boy is ready, he is ready, 2 or 3 games won't burn him out. When Tav returns I expect to see Patterson on the bench if he has 3 good performances.

I’d like to think we would give Patterson a go, but the manager seems to get on well with Flanagan is suspect he will be the selection.

Personally my choice for Stranraer would have been Polster but now SG has opted for the youngster, who had a decent game by all accounts, then he should stick with him.

If the lad had a mare in the cup tie then fair enough, but he actually did well enough to stay in.

Polster seems well down the pecking order and there’s nothing to suggest Flanagan would be an upgrade from the youngster.

Patterson may lack experience but the only way you get that is by playing.

Way I see it if he does start on Wednesday (I think he should) then he'll start on Sunday at Tynecastle as well. If he fancies flanagan for Sunday needs game time in his legs.

Flanagan had a full game on Saturday mate, so there's no issue with game time.

I think Nathan may start against St Mirren, but whether or not he starts against Hearts will depend on how he plays tomorrow night and how he recovers after the game.

3 games for the 1st team in just over a week is a big step up from what he's been used to.

Back