Nathan Patterson Take A Bow

Still very raw and still a bit of filling out to do but very impressive. Love his confidence and his ability to get forward. There's a player there. Impressive.

It is only Stranraer but when a boy of 18 can put in that sort of performance going forward you have to question Barker, Ojo and Jones

not one of them looked interested when they were on and not one of them beat a man
2 threads nothing but moaning, wind it in ffs

He played well enough. Its a tough game to judge him on though as he didnt have to defend.

Some good crosses and passes and intelligent reading of the game. Didn’t really get much indication of whether he can tackle obviously. Looked decent running with the ball but substantially short of Tav’s composure. For now. It may well come.

Impressed by what we saw but need to see how he does against a proper challenge.

Thought he done superbly well tonight he fits right in well done young man!! His parents must of been very proud watching him tonight.

Only bright spark of tonight's game tbh robbed of an assist or 2 today I'd stick with him for the St Mirren game but Gerrard will probably go with Flanagan or Polster

I’m not so sure , he deserves the chance v st boo ageee and i reckon Gerrard will go with him also

Great debut. Tired the second half and still work to do before he’s pushing regularly for the first team but very impressed with what I saw! Felt for Kai Kennedy also - he was in a great position and had it not been for that donkey Barker would have had a goal on his debut!

Lad played really well tonight and didn't look fazed by the occasion. A huge step up for a young player playing at Ibrox in front of a big crowd with the game televised live. So, for everyone saying "it's only Stranraer " remember it's not just the game but you need baws to play here.

He did very well tonight and was just the right match to give him his debut - not under too much pressure with the freedom to express himself and build up his confidence. Does he play in the next game? Don’t know, but he will be champing at the bit for more action.

Played well.

Seems a prospect and main stay in the future.

Not getting over excited as it was Stranrear.

I’d have no issue with him filling it for Tav for as long as needed. Looked totally at ease tonight, he’s a bona fide talent.

Looks the part does Nathan.
Always made himself available for the ball.
Excellent fitness levels and confident on the ball.
A really good prospect indeed.

He was on the ball so much tonight. Always making himself available and fired in some terrific crosses.
He was composed and in no way at any time did he look overawed at playing inside Ibrox in front of a huge crowd. Well done Nathan!

Only bright spark of tonight's game tbh robbed of an assist or 2 today I'd stick with him for the St Mirren game but Gerrard will probably go with Flanagan or Polster
The lesser spotted Polster? I had forgotten about him. How far out of the picture is he if he doesn’t get a game in the Dubai friendly last week (assuming he’s was even in Dubai rather than on honeymoon) and doesn’t get in the squad tonight? I suspect the writing is on the wall for him.

Looked burst at the end but understand ble and a good sign as he gave his all.

Looks s talent indeed

Good debut and can be proud of night he wont forget

Could probably do with filling out a wee bit and would like to see him being asked a few questions defending see if he really is ready to play backup to Tav should he be needed in the run in

He was excellent in the first half and nearly scored 2nd half

He looks a great back up to Tav and I’d have no issues playing him v St Mirren

Away to Hearts would be a huge test but why not play him if he played well v St Mirren next week

Done enough to merit a start against St Mirren.

Very calm and composed for a young boy making his debut at an almost full Ibrox.

Positive throughout, always showing for the ball and some very good decision making.

Have a good account of himself - I thought he was one of our best players.

unlucky not to score as well.

The lad had bags of room tonight, however, he used it well and his delivery was encouraging.
Whilst Tav will be secure for a season or so, there is little doubt that he has a fantastic understudy in young Nathan.
Steven Gerrard would have liked what he saw tonight.

Back