Nathan Patterson Take A Bow

Loved watching the lad take his chance on Saturday and didn’t look out of place again tonight so we’ll done young man ... now we have got adequate cover on the right ...

I thought he was great, especially first half. A threat going forward and good deliveries into the box. The opposition helped him look good though, gave him acres of space but he didn't do much wrong. My motm.

He did well but I thought that Jack was reluctant to use him at times when the ball out wide was clearly on.

He’s a already a ready made stand in for Tav and I’m certain he’ll improve from here on in game after game. As his confidence builds we could easily have a guy in the next year at least as good as Tierney and possible Robertson in our hands.I’ve watched him at youth level and against Tashkent and now Stranraer. You need a certain quality to fill a Rangers shirt and this guy has it. He’ll be the first of our great batch of young players to come through because he is probably ahead of the others physically but believe me there’ll be more. Young Kai Kennedy may well be another but I think the time isn’t right for him quite yet as he has a bit more to go physically. But like most of the young players poised to break through over the next few years, he has the guts and battling qualities required that we’ve lacked in recent years. All bodes well.

Also worth mentioning King was in the match day squad tonight.

Great experience for him, hopefully an indication of where his future will be.

He can be well pleased with that, thought he fitted well into the system which is maybe the big difference now that all the youth teams are told to play as the first team do. Well done young man.

Lad didn’t really put a foot wrong, looks skinny as anything but had enough strength to see off boys twice his size. Hopefully see a lot more of him over the coming months

Bags and bags of potential and very confident at times though as the game went on he got a bit ragged-not a surprise when you consider how young he is.

However replacement for Tav in the league? Far from convinced SG will go down that route.

Looks to have good technical control, good passing ability. Not tested defensively, so I will reserve judgement on that. Looks promising though.

Bags and bags of potential and very confident at times though as the game went on he got a bit ragged-not a surprise when you consider how young he is.

However replacement for Tav in the league? Far from convinced SG will go down that route.
By next season I predict he he could easily fill in. For now I think ideally he should be nurtured along bringing him on when we have a good lead or to rest Tav against weaker teams at home.

By next season I predict he he could easily fill in. For now I think ideally he should be nurtured along bringing him on when we have a good lead or to rest Tav against weaker teams at home.

You can see serious ability in the lad but imo he doesn't look ready yet. Of course the manager will decide.

Does anyone know if he exclusively played right back for the youth team? It would be a shame to see him miss out on game time when Tav is back, his crossing already looks far superior to Ojo and Barker

Took my 7 year old to his first game tonight and he kept commenting on how number 63 was good and he was man of the match.

Thought he had a great debut. I would like to see him get a few games while Tav is out. Its the only way we are going to see these youngsters break through. I just have a feeling it will be Flanagan in for the St Mirren game.

On another note. Where was Greg Stewart tonight?

Took my 7 year old to his first game tonight and he kept commenting on how number 63 was good and he was man of the match.

Thought he had a great debut. I would like to see him get a few games while Tav is out. Its the only way we are going to see these youngsters break through. I just have a feeling it will be Flanagan in for the St Mirren game.

On another note. Where was Greg Stewart tonight?

I was told he’s injured.

Was understandably a bit raw. Don’t think this is the right time for him. Think we would be better off with Flanagan and Kent on the right wing until Tav is available again.

Very good debut. Absolutely no reason why he shouldn’t start on Wednesday night with Tav out again. He has done his chances no harm tonight and, going forward, must have given Gerrard food for thought as to whether he should be making the bench ahead of Flanagan and Halliday. I know who I would rather see.

Agree Ald.

A decent debut although against opposition who were hopeless. Some good crosses, some ordinary ones, and no evidence he can defend.

To be honest, he looks light years behind Tavernier.

Did he live the dream tonight?

Being in the starting 11 of The Rangers vs Stranraer- as a bear who has come through the academy?

Even if he isn’t, the courage, confidence and the way he handled himself tonight you would not be panicking if he was included in the first team in the next 1 or 2 games with the rest of our best 11 available.

A few takeaways for him tonight; the atmosphere in front of a crowd, he needs to release quickly, he wont always get time to put a name on it and dont foul for foul’s sake.

i think there is opportunity in this team;ok, we’re aiming for our first title in 9 years but guys like Ojo and Airibo are there for the taking.

Was understandably a bit raw. Don’t think this is the right time for him. Think we would be better off with Flanagan and Kent on the right wing until Tav is available again.
For a start kent plays on the left, and Flanagan is hoaching. Patterson all day for me.

I think he did enough tonight to keep his place for the league game next week.
If his defending puts us under pressure and he seems vulnerable, the option to replace him with the experienced Flannigan always remains
But from a playing perspective he can be developed into a carbon copy of our current number 2

I said after the Dubai game we have found a potential back up for the captain. I didn't see the game today because of work, but I take it he performed well again? I'd would be nice to think he's played his way into the manager's plans and will be a regular feature on the bench this year along with young McCrorie

Yes he did which is more than can be said about some of the dross we have playing for us, we looked like the team from 3 seasons ago which tells me a lot about our back up players, ffs where the hell did that Barker come from, I have never seen him get past a man yet and Ojo, please Mr Wilson will you off load these players and retire a few who just don't have it.
You should never disrespect Rangers players like that, dross ffs. :mad:

A decent debut although against opposition who were hopeless. Some good crosses, some ordinary ones, and no evidence he can defend.

To be honest, he looks light years behind Tavernier.
He's hardly going to get to show his defensive capabilities in a game like that, and yes Tavernier is obviously 1st choice but light years behind based on that performance alone? Erm, ok.

Back