Nathan Patterson tonight

Glasgow Rangers (Sco)

His touch and passing wasn’t 100% tonight (compared to his usual high standard)

But I actually thought his energy and quick thinking helped speed the game up. I think Tav is too comfortable playing in front of sides at times and Nathan is a bit more aggressive in his approach.

Tonight was a bit of a milestone in NP’s career tonight IMO the fans can see he actually is human. He wasn’t great tonight but managed to contribute to a hard earned victory.

But I actually thought his energy and quick thinking helped speed the game up. I think Tav is too comfortable playing in front of sides at times and Nathan is a bit more aggressive in his approach.

Tonight was a bit of a milestone in NP career tonight IMO the fans can see he actually is human. He wasn’t great tonight but managed to contribute to a hard earned victory.
First game back in too. Final ball not there but I like his aggression in going forward or coming inside.

Considering he is just coming back from an injury I thought he done very well tonight. His crossing was a bit off but his powerful runs were really good and his tracking back was good as well. Unlucky not to get himself on the scoresheet as well.

Still maintain I want to keep seeing more from him getting starts. I think he is a genuinely superb right back in the making.

If we're being honest, he looked energetic - especially the first 10/15 minutes but after that he was woeful. He lost the ball just about every time he was on it.

I know he's a young Rangers fan so everyone wants him to do well but if Tav had turned in that performance there'd be numerous threads absolutely slaughtering him.

He's only 19 so his end product and decision making will come.

Bassey on the other side was far better (again) and deserves to keep his place.

The amount of space he had in first half we should have been zipping balls into his stride but instead it was too often a pass that trickled to him or behind him. You could tell he just wanted to bomb on but the balls were not er often enough for him to do it.

Disappointing he picked up a wee niggle.

Tonight was a bit of a milestone in NP’s career tonight IMO the fans can see he actually is human. He wasn’t great tonight but managed to contribute to a hard earned victory.
Some of us have been saying, including the manager that he remains an understudy for now.

Not at his best tonight but we all know there’s a quality player there. Really hope he’s with us for a good few years. Captain material.

Started like a house on fire but tired as the game progressed.
Not really surprising.
The boy is an exciting player.
Not often you can say that about a fullback.

I thought he was disappointing to be honest, might be the poorest I’ve seen him for us in the first team. But he’s just back from being out for a bit and he’s young. He’s going to have some games like this.

The amount of space he had in first half we should have been zipping balls into his stride but instead it was too often a pass that trickled to him or behind him. You could tell he just wanted to bomb on but the balls were not er often enough for him to do it.

Disappointing he picked up a wee niggle.
We don't have midfield player capable of the ball over top for him to run on to the amount of times he was in access of space was unreal

Big fan of that run he makes into the box, the chance the keeper saved tonight was very similar to his goal against Antwerp.

He's a good player who had a slightly below average game. Far more experienced players have turned in poorer performances this season already. The boy is a talent.

His pressing is arguably the strongest part of his game - Andy Robertson said as much after the Moldova game a few weeks ago, it was him pressing with aggression that won the ball back for the only goal of the game. Still got work to do at both ends of the park but it's reassuring in a way that without being particularly refined at either end of the pitch yet, he's still comfortable in our team and he can be relied upon whenever he's needed.

He did fine I thought, little bit off it towards the end of his stint but he got a few hospital balls as passes to deal with.

I think when players dip in and out of the side they never really find their feet and get the momentum.

The trouble is at Rangers you don’t get time to find your feet. Every game is a must win and there is no where to hide when you wear a Rangers jersey.

If we're being honest, he looked energetic - especially the first 10/15 minutes but after that he was woeful. He lost the ball just about every time he was on it.

I know he's a young Rangers fan so everyone wants him to do well but if Tav had turned in that performance there'd be numerous threads absolutely slaughtering him.

He's only 19 so his end product and decision making will come.

Bassey on the other side was far better (again) and deserves to keep his place.

I don't disagree with ALL of that, but probably a fair share.

For me Patterson had a good solid, if not spectacular game.
He was the most aggressive at pushing forward, his touch was good, he rarely lost the ball in the first two thirds.

It was his delivery that frustrated me out of anything else he done. Hig crosses are too flighty.

As for Bassey, i'm not going to be overly critical, but for me he either doesn't trust himself enough, or just doesn't unleash his full potential when he gets that ball in advanced areas on the left. Again his crosses were probably worse than Pattersons, for similar reasons, but it's when he faces up his opponents and just doesn't take them on. He is such a physical specimen that when he gets going, he could demolish opponents, especially when he gets his body in front of them. When he learns how to do that more aggressively, I will listen to shouts for him to play ahead of Borna, until then, Borna gets it on the basis of his final product alone.

Agree, whatever he does he does it with intensity, he also plays 1 and 2 touch passes and doesn’t labour things.
My fear is if we don’t play him someone else will want to!

It would have been better for us, and him, if he'd gone out on loan to Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs. He needs more games for his development than we can give him.

He'd a great game tonight, especially considering he's been injured and sidelined recently but he's nowhere near as influential on the park as Tav.
That's not in any way a criticism of him, it's just a fact.

Back