Nathan Patterson

Centralbear

Not debating the foolishness of his recent indiscretion, Gerrard will ensure he learns from it and he's on the road to redemption.

But against proper opposition in knockout stages of European competition, took all of 16 seconds to equal the super talented, £11m ( aye, right) Jeremie Frimpong's 2020 season goals total, achieved against the mighty Hamilton at Sharkheid.

And then shut down Antwerp left flank that had given much trouble to us in first half.

I know which of these players I'd rather have, just a travesty that the mentally challengeds actually achieved a decent fee, whatever it was, for such a flattering to deceive lightweight.

Patterson can be as good as he wants to be. His celebration was an expression of the raw emotion that he must have been feeling. For a 19 year old who hasn't trained in a fortnight, who plays in the most demanding and arguably pivotal positions (especially for Rangers) in modern football, his performance was flawless.

The young guy cocked up, I was raging at the behaviour of Patterson and his team mates, but it's always better to deal with disciplinary matters with a cool head once the initial emotion has calmed down. Gerrard knows how to manage his players, Patterson repaid a little of the faith that was shown in him last night.

Honestly don’t think the boy will give us any more problems by all accounts what he did was well out of character for him it was madness but it’s over and done now and as the gaffer said we all make mistakes

on the park he will be worth a fortune in 18 months

I’ve just posted this in another thread but this is probably more appropriate.

I agree Patterson is the future of our club. He could be our £25m sale in a few years time with a few trophies under his belt.

but say a good bid comes in this summer and he says he wants to stay and get more game time - how do we play that? Tav is nearing 30 and won’t have much of a sell on value soon. Patterson is no Tav yet but could be a sticky situation as he’s more than ready for 1st team football

Patterson can be as good as he wants to be. His celebration was an expression of the raw emotion that he must have been feeling. For a 19 year old who hasn't trained in a fortnight, who plays in the most demanding and arguably pivotal positions (especially for Rangers) in modern football, his performance was flawless.

The young guy cocked up, I was raging at the behaviour of Patterson and his team mates, but it's always better to deal with disciplinary matters with a cool head once the initial emotion has calmed down. Gerrard knows how to manage his players, Patterson repaid a little of the faith that was shown in him last night.
Yeah, we were all raging but I think Gerrard has / will continue to play this well.

Early days, but young Nathan really has the look of having attributes to be a top fullback in modern game.

Nathan did what probably about 90% of local lads his own age have done at some point in the last 11 months - go for a fly piss up in a pals house. He got caught and given his profile it all came out. Hopefully a lesson learned and ALL the Rangers extended family move on. and make it about football now. Don't think he's off the naughty step yet but hes paid back a huge chunk of his "debt" to his employee after a storming 45 last night

Last edited:
I’ve just posted this in another thread but this is probably more appropriate.

I agree Patterson is the future of our club. He could be our £25m sale in a few years time with a few trophies under his belt.

but say a good bid comes in this summer and he says he wants to stay and get more game time - how do we play that? Tav is nearing 30 and won’t have much of a sell on value soon. Patterson is no Tav yet but could be a sticky situation as he’s more than ready for 1st team football
Think Patterson already looks at the stage where he needs game time, I think his recent indiscretion will teach him patience and certainly not agitate for first team place.

But I agree that the club I think will have a decision to make with Tav, if not this summer then next, either cash in or risk lesser fee and stagnation of a young prospect.

Good place to be right enough.

Last edited:
As well as his goal I was impressed by Patterson's defensive positional play, in the first half Lukaku was running rings around Balogun who was struggling at right back, but almost as soon at Patterson was on and Lukaku was playing against a proper right back he was much less effective.

What impressed me most was how well he defended and how composed he was in a defensive situation.

We all know how good Patterson's attacking attributes are, but there have always been question marks over how he'd fair defensively against good opposition. This is the first time he's faced a decent level of opposition and he had his best game in a defensive sense for us. Lukaku was giving Balogun a mare, Patterson came on and Antwerp got nullified down their left side.

He has fantastic potential and has the potential to either be our long term RB or going for 25-30 million at 22-24.

He really rose to the occasion last night. Lukaku was starting to run rampant down that flank and young Nathan stoped him in his tracks. He did such a good job Lukaku ended up getting subbed

I, and probably, the whole Rangers' support were apoplectic at the mis- behaviour; no, not mis- behaviour; crass, idiotic and dangerous behaviour of our players. We appreciate the potential sanctions that the agenda driven powers that be could have, and, may still, impose.

These players are not children, but are young adults with wealth of which most of us can only dream.

The management team will lay it on the line that their behaviour affects the club; if they haven't already, we have an issue.

If the players involved don't get the message, they don't have the intelligence to excel as elite athletes.

I tend to believe that Mr Gerrard will have not allowed current liberal HR protocols to stand in his way of putting his message across.

Let's hope young Nathan and the boys learn. Having your jaw rattled, as in my day, whilst informative, wasn't pleasant.

BTW - His performance mid-week was top notch.

He's a relation of mine through marriage - I'll take it!!

He was fantastic and what I’m going to say I hope isn’t viewed as nationalist/racist but it is very satisfying to see a Glasgow, Lanarkshire (insert place) lad tear it up against good opposition. Looks like he’s took a lot from Tavs game. I say one more year of Tav then succession time haha.

Edmundson and Jordan Jones probably feel aggrieved with how they were treated compared to the recent 5 rule breakers.

Edmundson and Jones should launch legal action against the SPL for unfair treatment with their 8 match ban, lots of other players from other clubs broke covid rules but didn't get banned for 8 games.

He was fantastic and what I’m going to say I hope isn’t viewed as nationalist/racist but it is very satisfying to see a Glasgow, Lanarkshire (insert place) lad tear it up against good opposition. Looks like he’s took a lot from Tavs game. I say one more year of Tav then succession time haha.
Nothing wrong or racist about being satisfied with a local lad coming through the ranks and make the grade . No supporter of any club in the world isn’t pleased with that. Fail to see your point in that respect. No one isn’t proud of our own but nationalism wouldn’t cross my mind when a young local lad gets to live the dream. I may be wrong but I think you’re confused.

Before he came on their wide men on the left were bullying balogun and forcing him back into almost a back 3 and dominating the game for 15/20 mins because of it.

the manager made a great call and brought on Patterson, he played very high and basically nullified them for rest of night on top of scoring. a feature that tav does so well so the boy is obviously learning well.

Nothing wrong or racist about being satisfied with a local lad coming through the ranks and make the grade . No supporter of any club in the world isn’t pleased with that. Fail to see your point in that respect. No one isn’t proud of our own but nationalism wouldn’t cross my mind when a young local lad gets to live the dream. I may be wrong but I think you’re confused.
Erm it was a flippant remark mate, just using it for sakes sake; in case any lurkers think 'omfg' etc. Wouldn't read much into it, especially on a Friday night.

Edmundson and Jordan Jones probably feel aggrieved with how they were treated compared to the recent 5 rule breakers.

Edmundson and Jones should launch legal action against the SPL for unfair treatment with their 8 match ban, lots of other players from other clubs broke covid rules but didn't get banned for 8 games.
Edmundson and Jones weren't getting game time before their covid breach, and continued to get the same amount of game time after.

Zungu and Patterson had game time before their covid breach, and have had game time after.

Jones and Edmundson were banned for 8 matches by the SFA or SPFL. This was given 19 days after the breach.

Zungu and Patterson have still to find out their punishment, I imagine it will be similar to Jones and Edmondson and will be given this week.

We don't know the internal punishments for any of them, but I would hazard a guess that we have shown consistency.

I don't think Jones and Edmundson can feel aggrieved about their treatment compared to the recent 5 rule breakers.

Gerrard : I have 4 kids myself I know what it's like.
I made similar mistakes at that age.

The way he has dealt with it is the way you would hope someone treated your kids who fcuked up at their work.

I'm not in anyway condoning what the 5 did but the other two met with people outside their bubble.
Where as correct me if I'm wrong it was the 5 and their partners so slightly different.

Nathan did what probably about 90% of local lads his own age have done at some point in the last 11 months - go for a fly piss up in a pals house. He got caught and given his profile it all came out. Hopefully a lesson learned and ALL the Rangers extended family move on. and make it about football now. Don't think he's off the naughty step yet but hes paid back a huge chunk of his "debt" to his employee after a storming 45 last night

Wasn't even a piss up mate, as he doesn't drink.

I get your point though.

Bizarrely this episode and indiscretion and then Tavs injury is going to be the making of him.

He can see how close he was to facking his career and then to be sitting at home while he could've had his big break would have been gut wrenching.

Fully expect him to be a model pro now and have a massive career.

MU - I think I recall you know the lad. If it was just 5 players and partners as reported I would hope,the club has made that distinction to the SFA as it’s quite different to a “party”as the media report it.

I don't know Nathan personally mate, but I work with his uncle and my old man has known his dad and uncle for nearly 40 years.

The family are from the Mearns.

He made a mistake and Rangers punished him for it, thats how it should be left.

The SFA has jurisdiction if his mistake was allowed to infiltrate the “sporting bubble” it wasn’t and the continuing narrative that they might still intervene should be muted. The only reason Aberdeen players and our two have been fined so far is because the cunts allowed a player to infiltrate the “sporting bubble” and SFA won’t punish them alone, they needed patsies. %^*& them getting anymore patsies from us.

Is this over with now? Or are we still expecting a sfa ban?

Surely this should have been done by now if so?

Although Gerrard did hint in the interview after the game that some other punishments were still to come ...

He made a monumentally stupid mistake, but he’s still young. He needs to learn from it and his response midweek suggests he might just be capable of doing so.

I’ve no doubt SG ripped him a new one in private but equally promised to be fair IF he knuckles down and gets his head straight, no doubt using the example of Jones & Edmundson to show he means what he says.

Esrly days, but looks like excellent man management from Gerrard and hopefully a grown-up response from Patterson.

Not that I want Patterson to go due to potentially getting injured but when O’Donnell is your right back for the national team then surely you must look at Nathan as a better option For the euros. Would be a good learning curve for him though.

Patterson’s biggest problem is he plays the same position as our captain, and a guy who until last week, never got injured. It’s a tricky situation as he is at an important stage of his development when he really needs to be playing regularly.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see him go on loan next season to another SPFL side, or an English Championship side.

Back