Nathan Patterson

sifter

Official Ticketer
9 minutes he got at the end of the 3rd group game and I thought he done brilliant. As soon as he went on he was looking for the ball, making runs, 1 touch passes looking for it back in behind their back line. And he done well defensively. His shirt for a long time I’d think

Clarke will start O'Donnell in their next game.
Which is why Clarke should be sacked. Unfortuantely 15 rounds of the holey kokey while the team get stuffed will keep the manager in a job.

Back on topic, Patterson got forward and provided an attacking option where Robertson and O'Donnell did not. Noticed one move where he passed and moved and then looked bemused that he didn't get it back as he advanced towards the D. Tierney, Gilmour and Patterson should be mainstays of the national team for years to come

Which is why Clarke should be sacked. Unfortuantely 15 rounds of the holey kokey while the team get stuffed will keep the manager in a job.

Back on topic, Patterson got forward and provided an attacking option where Robertson and O'Donnell did not. Noticed one move where he passed and moved and then looked bemused that he didn't get it back as he advanced towards the D. Tierney, Gilmour and Patterson should be mainstays of the national team for years to come

I would have played Turnbull tonight too. Or put Cooper into cb and pushed McTominey on. Have McGinn man mark Modric and just stay on him try stop him playing.

Clarke is a shitebag and his shitebag mentality in first game cost us.

Patterson showed more in the 9 or so minutes he played than O’Donnell did in the 3 games. (Take the half decent volley against England away and he’s been shite).

Come September Patterson will be first choice and he’ll stay first choice until he is finished playing international football.

Reminds me of Hutton during 2007/08 in many ways but he is much stronger technically and defensively, not to mention younger.

Patterson is clearly miles ahead of O'Donnell but Clarke has to be the only manager in world footbal that can't see it. He's got off with it slightly because Patterson hasn't played much this season, but if Patterson plays more often for us next season then there is no hiding place.

Very good point actually. I can't see him being happy playing the odd cup game here and there. Tav is very rarely injured.
He knows his role in the squad mate, he’s content learning from the best right back in the country and he knows he’s the deputy.

I’m sure he’ll still get a good amount of hame time next season, he’s only 19 - his time will come.

Ovation for a touch and a pass - when flung on to give the alky manager a case for defence with his Motherwell RB - says all you need to know about levels of expectation for the skirt wearers.

I would have played Turnbull tonight too. Or put Cooper into cb and pushed McTominey on. Have McGinn man mark Modric and just stay on him try stop him playing.

Clarke is a shitebag and his shitebag mentality in first game cost us.
Turnbull hasn't even made the bench. To be fair that's one thing Clarke got right. This kid can't play unless he is left in acres of space. He is not and will never be too level. Not even at McGregors level. Fed up hearing about him

Turnbull hasn't even made the bench. To be fair that's one thing Clarke got right. This kid can't play unless he is left in acres of space. He is not and will never be too level. Not even at McGregors level. Fed up hearing about him
I agree with you but he did make the bench.

To be fair, he’s a 21 year old lad who is quite creative, good at set plays and not afraid to have a pop - he’s been the one shining light for the mentally challengeds this season, at his age that’s quite a burden.

Albeit defensively poor but that could be coached into him, not everyone that plays for Celtic is complete pish.

He was also on the bench tonight.

To be fair, he’s a 21 year old lad who is quite creative, good at set plays and not afraid to have a pop - he’s been the one shining light for the mentally challengeds this season, at his age that’s quite a burden.

Albeit defensively poor but that could be coached into him, not everyone that plays for Celtic is complete pish.

He was also on the bench tonight.

I'd also rather give Turnbull a run out than Armstrong (who was woeful) or Christie.

Mixed feelings. On the one hand, he's ours and is going to nowhere else but the top of the game. On the other hand, he sat there watching for 262 minutes when he should have started from Day 1. All because Clarke didnt want to play the Rangers man.
Can't help feel for him, presumably with his family there as well.

I have a bit more info on Turnbull to be fair due to my old man working at Motherwell when he was there. People are kidding themselves on if they dont think hes a top player.

Mixed feelings. On the one hand, he's ours and is going to nowhere else but the top of the game. On the other hand, he sat there watching for 262 minutes when he should have started from Day 1. All because Clarke didnt want to play the Rangers man.
I'm going to give Clarke benefit of the doubt and say it's because he wanted to play his pal rather than that he doesn't want to play the Rangers player.

Ends up with the same result though, Patterson should be starting

Clarke will start O'Donnell in their next game.
Exactly. He should have started young Patterson in the friendly against the Netherlands to see how he fared against a good side. He didn't, and that told me he had no intenetion of starting him in any of the group matches, eventhough he played well when he came on late in the match.

Gilmour looked for Patterson every time he got the ball. Gilmour switched play to the right side when all of our possession went down the left side before Nathan came on. Both Gilmour and Patterson have to play together and we will look a lot more balanced and pose a threat down the right side which will only help Robertson moving forward. He ran himself ragged bombing down the left side prior to that.

I have a bit more info on Turnbull to be fair due to my old man working at Motherwell when he was there. People are kidding themselves on if they dont think hes a top player.
Let's just say he will need to get a move on. I just don't see it. He got the freedom of the park at Motherwell too. Anyway he's just a kid so time will tell

He does have talent but a top player? That is only proved with performances at a high level over a sustained period.

He'll get a good bit of game time, particularly league games after midweek European ties, plus domestic cup ties too imo.
I don't see Tav being happy to sit out league games after European ties but Patterson probably will start the domestic cups, I just don't think Clarke will start him in the qualifiers if that's the case.

Back