Nathan Tormey On trial

Would be absolutely shocked if Tormey is good enough to make it here

People expecting him to be at the level of Kent or Kamara never mind a Saka are in for a shock

My initial - and not always correct - reaction is that it’s more evidence that we’re working off the ‘Haven’t sold Morelos’ list, but look how another EPL youngster in Kent turned out.

I always take 'offered a deal' type statements with a pinch of salt. I'm in no position to say whether a deal was offered or not, but in many of these situations the truth is not always black & white.

He tweeted saying he appreciated contact offer but wanted to move on

Would be absolutely shocked if Tormey is good enough to make it here

People expecting him to be at the level of Kent or Kamara never mind a Saka are in for a shock

Have you seen a lot of him mate? What’s he like?

Have you seen a lot of him mate? What’s he like?
He’s too lightweight at EPL reserve level never mind SPFL level

Arsenal have been signing loads of players at that level to fill the squad so they can loan their better prospects out. Signed rejects from Huddersfield, Spurs etc and some Norwegian player from like the 3rd division over there
Tormey is miles behind the likes of Cottrell, Azeez, Balogun, John-Jules, Olayinka etc never mind Saka, Nelson, Willock

No doubt Tormey was offered a deal to be a squad filler at that level which is why he’s left.

Added more on to the original post. Not a fan but keep up with a lot of football down there and Arsenal’s overhaul at that level is pretty interesting.

So you‘ve watched him? It’s hard to tell from your post. What’s he like?

He’s too lightweight at EPL reserve level never mind SPFL level

Arsenal have been signing loads of players at that level to fill the squad so they can loan their better prospects out. Signed rejects from Huddersfield, Spurs etc and some Norwegian player from like the 3rd division over there
Tormey is miles behind the likes of Cottrell, Azeez, Balogun, John-Jules, Olayinka etc never mind Saka, Nelson, Willock

No doubt Tormey was offered a deal to be a squad filler at that level which is why he’s left.
Sounds promising mate cheers.

As we’re taking him on trial it would suggest we’d like a look before committing. If he shows up well then great- we offer him a contract. If not- thanks for coming.

Arsenal are my english team and I'll admit I've never even heard of the boy. Might have got lost in all the hype for Saka, Martinelli etc but at 20 I'd have expected to see him in the occasional squad if he was held in decent regard. Unless he has and I've not noticed

Being paid handsomely in the fine city of New York in the MLS with NYCFC

He's a very good footballer. It was very apparent when he was here that he was talented. Our league maybe didn't suit but in a better team than we had back then he'd do well. Remember he was 18 at the time.

Can't have been the only one thinking 'Never heard of him I wonder what he's done' in this thread

Good luck to the boy all the same

I always take 'offered a deal' type statements with a pinch of salt. I'm in no position to say whether a deal was offered or not, but in many of these situations the truth is not always black & white.
Would there be a development fee involved?

The boy must be confident in his ability to turn down a 3 year contract with Arsenal.Could be a good acquisition if he is over the injury.

He was injured to start and has now settled into the team and playing well.

It doesn’t make you less staunch to admit he is clearly not average. He’s a first pick now

its never going to happen with some mate, hes shite and thats it

Could be a real coup, Arsenal's under 23 age group has been stacked with talent in recent years.

Shame he wasn't right footed though, him and Kent on either wing could be lethal.

Ojo was very much part of the Liverpool selling scheme. Sign him on a new deal, protect their asset, loan him out in the expectation he does well then sell him.
Exactly. There’s players like Piazon at Chelsea who are seemingly playing out their careers “on loan”. These big clubs will offer their youth players contracts solely as an investment decision. Says nothing about their football ability.

Could be a real coup, Arsenal's under 23 age group has been stacked with talent in recent years.

Shame he wasn't right footed though, him and Kent on either wing could be lethal.
On the contrary, having an option to come on left or through the middle, on a free, would be excellent. We don't have any width or real pace outside kent, so would be great to have an option. Whether this kid is good enough, we will learn soon enough. Glad we are looking at a wide player though, think we need a wide player and central midfielder to complete our business

Exactly. There’s players like Piazon at Chelsea who are seemingly playing out their careers “on loan”. These big clubs will offer their youth players contracts solely as an investment decision. Says nothing about their football ability.
Not signing the contract says a lot about his desire to play first team football, surely if Arsenal see a potential sell on he must have something about him, time will tell I suppose wherever he ends up a bold step from him none the less.

Back