Nathan Young-Coombes, interview after game.

For those who watched, did Mayo play midfield yesterday? It sounded like that from the Wrexham commentary

Big fan of his, been up to watch a couple games atbthe training centre, he’s been a stand out anytime I’ve seen him, brilliant movement and finishing and constantly winging and demanding more which is something I love to see

I've seen nothing from Karamoko Dembele other than fake media hype to suggest hes anything better than we've got. We've definitely got multiple players of a similar age who are at the very least on a par with him. I suspect youve allowed the media hype to pull the wool over your eyes on that one mate.
Maybe.

Karamoko is a few levels above anyone in our academy. Billy is better than Dembele though
Well they've got 1 very good prospect. We seem to have multiple very good prospects at the same time. That's all they all are though we don't know how any of them are going to turn out. The next stage in their development is when we struggle to develop them. Not just us Scottish football as whole seems to be pretty bad at taking 16/17 year old standouts to 20/21 year old 1st teamers. If we could get 3 or 4 of these kids to be 1st team regulars in 3/4 years we would be doing very well and better than we've done in my lifetime.

Well they've got 1 very good prospect. We seem to have multiple very good prospects at the same time. That's all they all are though we don't know how any of them are going to turn out. The next stage in their development is when we struggle to develop them. Not just us Scottish football as whole seems to be pretty bad at taking 16/17 year old standouts to 20/21 year old 1st teamers. If we could get 3 or 4 of these kids to be 1st team regulars in 3/4 years we would be doing very well and better than we've done in my lifetime.
Yeah, we definitely have more talent than they do in our youth academy

There is no doubt he is a confident youngster and all being well he can make the step up in time.I believe you have to trust the whole system and when you are promoted to the first team dressing room and training with them then you are showing the correct attitude and ability.

At that stage then the decision will be made what's best for your development(stay or go on loan).As we get a stronger first team squad only the very best of our academy have any chance to make the first team squad like Barry Ferguson and Ian Durrant did in the past.

I've seen nothing from Karamoko Dembele other than fake media hype to suggest hes anything better than we've got. We've definitely got multiple players of a similar age who are at the very least on a par with him. I suspect youve allowed the media hype to pull the wool over your eyes on that one mate.

I don’t want to talk up any of that lot’s players but clearly the boy dembele is a top young talent. Yes we have more players who look to have a bright future and Billy Gilmore was better than him imo but there’s no denying his obvious talent.

Been limited in what I've been able to see of him, but every time I've watched him he looks a great prospect. Some of his turns and tricks are unreal. But it's not just the fancy stuff, we grabs his share of the goals and brings a lot to the team.

Back