Nathan Young Coombes to West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe there is some unhappiness and it is about few different issues, whether that can be put down to "ego" I'm not so sure. If it was one or two individuals maybe, but it appears to be more than that.

Thanks for the reply.A worrying situation.

I believe there is some unhappiness and it is about few different issues, whether that can be put down to "ego" I'm not so sure. If it was one or two individuals maybe, but it appears to be more than that.

That's quite concerning tbh especially coming from your good self who seems to know a lot about the youth teams.

Lovenkrands decision to leave linked in anyway ?

Dapo is 2 years older...

Yes but at a point NYC had become part of the same team at Academy level. Dapo was way nearer first team level and not good enough yet. NYC was miles off by comparison.

I see we've also just signed a 16 year old striker from Blackpool too...

If they are not good enough then in no way should or will SG be forced to be playing these young lads.

Could it simply be the case that SG and Beale etc have simply said that the quality within the academy is not up to it and they won't be getting a look in any time soon in terms of seriously being part of the first team squad ?

And for me, that's fair enough.

They have to earn the right by their talent and ability. We're not a charity set up to fulfill a quota.

So why did he leave Crystal Palace in 2017 and Chelsea a year or so later? It would seem he’s found it difficult to find a path there also. I’m not sure he has/had the stickability to be a real Rangers success.

I’d say he left palace because Chelsea are a bigger club and it’s not worked for him, he then came to us and he’s now going back to a premiership club.

I’d say he left palace because Chelsea are a bigger club and it’s not worked for him, he then came to us and he’s now going back to a premiership club.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. A 17 year old at his 4th senior club already. So far 3 clubs haven't provided what he wanted. Surely all 3 can't be the problem?

Not sure what % of our turnover is in relation to the youth setup but would imagine it is pretty small - worth pursuing with. Not ideal if NYC decides to move on but if that's what he wants, so be it. Same with any other player that doesn't want to be here.

At the moment, the need to win the league (and the SC and LC) is the most important thing for the club, which nobody would argue with. If that needs to come at the expense of some youth players leaving because they feel they aren't getting a go at it, tough - in my opinion.

As far as I'm aware, there is not a single player in the youth squad anywhere near a starting position. SG is about to start his 3rd season as gaffer, his job will be on the line if we don't win the league (or at the very least take it down to the last game or two) and at least one of the cups.

if you are good enough a chance will come along, if you do not want to be at Ibrox on your way, Charlie Lindsay/James Graham and Tony Weston all really highly rated kids want to be around the place and that trio tells me there is little wrong.

NYC looked a decent striker. I didn’t like some of his histrionics when things didn’t go his way though. I’m not sure if it was due to a Morelos imitation syndrome, but youth players should respect a referee and get on with it.

Another potential impact factor for this move could be how he felt during lockdown.

Being so young, away from family, being in a publicised vulnerable category group, must have been mentally horrendous for someone so young.

If he does go then good luck, I'd be surprised if he's critical of the club.
Good point - Covid has affected so many people and I feel the impact on the young so far from home isn't to be underestimated. Good luck to the lad.

They will play if they illustrate they are good enough. That seems to be missing in all of your analysis about the youth set-up. You used McPake as an example. How did his time at Dundee go?

The players I mentioned are on a 'pathway', be it through loans and gradual introduction to the first team squad. It's during this when we find out how good they really are.

Too many are failing to concentrate on their football and surround themselves with good people/advice. It's easier to blame than it is to take responsibility.

For those not signing contracts, it'll be interesting to see where they go. The Rangers coaches have developed their careers to this point - maybe they should have a little more trust for the future.
Where did trust get Aiden Wilson ,Matt shiels ,
They will play if they illustrate they are good enough. That seems to be missing in all of your analysis about the youth set-up. You used McPake as an example. How did his time at Dundee go?

The players I mentioned are on a 'pathway', be it through loans and gradual introduction to the first team squad. It's during this when we find out how good they really are.

Too many are failing to concentrate on their football and surround themselves with good people/advice. It's easier to blame than it is to take responsibility.

For those not signing contracts, it'll be interesting to see where they go. The Rangers coaches have developed their careers to this point - maybe they should have a little more trust for the future.
So are you saying they are ALL surrounding themselves with wrong people,give it up my friend get real,they're not on any pathway they're on a run to nowhere because we need to show something coming through to keep us the fans happy,but realistically not going to make the final step because we don't have trust,at what age do you feel you know if a youth is going to be good enough? Barjonas is 22 this year told not good enough 4 weeks ago gets 15 mins last week scores a goal and now the gaffer says we knew he had it' come on now don't play is for fools,Josh Mcpake at Dundee how much game time he get ?let's not forget it was us who put him there so who to blame ?and are we saying now he's not good enough for Dundee nevermind us?just seems like excuses all the time, let's look at the reports after Mcpake debut going to be new messi so what is he ready or not just seems like we build them up and then fold them is that the lads faults.

So are you saying they are ALL surrounding themselves with wrong people,give it up my friend get real,they're not on any pathway they're on a run to nowhere because we need to show something coming through to keep us the fans happy,but realistically not going to make the final step because we don't have trust,at what age do you feel you know if a youth is going to be good enough? Barjonas is 22 this year told not good enough 4 weeks ago gets 15 mins last week scores a goal and now the gaffer says we knew he had it' come on now don't play is for fools,Josh Mcpake at Dundee how much game time he get ?let's not forget it was us who put him there so who to blame ?and are we saying now he's not good enough for Dundee nevermind us?just seems like excuses all the time, let's look at the reports after Mcpake debut going to be new messi so what is he ready or not just seems like we build them up and then fold them is that the lads faults.

Clearly you’re close to one of the youth or a few of them so will be applying your own bias in this. McPake didn’t kick on at his loan as we wanted him to so naturally there will be a period of resettling back into the youths and building his confidence again before bringing him into the 1st team squad. If you had a 1st team player who bombed like McPake did on loan he would be nowhere near a squad either

You have players like Docherty with nearly 200 appearances who can’t get near out 1st team so unless these boys are exceptional then they’ll have to learn to wait.

The unpalatable truth is that the majority of players simply aren't good enough. It must be extremely difficult for a player to hear that and I don't envy being in that position.

It's easier to find faults elsewhere than at home. The good players take responsibility.

Clearly you’re close to one of the youth or a few of them so will be applying your own bias in this. McPake didn’t kick on at his loan as we wanted him to so naturally there will be a period of resettling back into the youths and building his confidence again before bringing him into the 1st team squad. If you had a 1st team player who bombed like McPake did on loan he would be nowhere near a squad either

You have players like Docherty with nearly 200 appearances who can’t get near out 1st team so unless these boys are exceptional then they’ll have to learn to wait.
Correct, we cant just chuck kids in if they are nowhere near ready, Billy Gilmour would have been one but through no fault of our own after nurturing him as a player and person for 7 years he decided to leave, as fans we all would like "our own" to be out there but as you say they would have to be exceptional.

A few weeks ago the claim was he is mates with Kai Kennedys uncle....it would appear that may not have been entirely accurate given the depth of info and opinion about so many others

Did he sign for West ham or was it a fake story ?
Been wondering that.
There was a list of names in the Daily Mail today of players who had left us and his name was definitely not there.A few other academy lads who were let go as well as first team and squad players listed.But he was definitely not one of them.Thats not to say he’s not going right enough.

Been wondering that.
There was a list of names in the Daily Mail today of players who had left us and his name was definitely not there.A few other academy lads who were let go as well as first team and squad players listed.But he was definitely not one of them.Thats not to say he’s not going right enough.

be papertalk

Reasons behind this one will be interesting.

If it's a simple case of homesickness, then it's understandable. He's a young boy that made a big move.

If it's about pathways or first team opportunities...
He is more likely to get first team opportunities at West Ham than at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back