Nathan Young Coombes

We need to get him on a new long term deal after this, only 2 years left after this & premiership teams bound to be sniffing about now. Constant menace to the Roma defence
Watched the match and said the very same thing to my dad. Id be looking to get him on pro terms for 3+ years if he progresses well from where he is now, he isn't stayig long but will net us an absolute fortune. Sadly that's where we are now but this boy looks like a cracker

What is it with the pessimism? Have faith, some people have already written it off that he'll be off in a few years, the fact he came here over many clubs chasing his name should tell you something which contradicts the logic that "he's off" how do you know?

He was really fired up with it all in the first half. I was worried - after the confusion over whether he got booked or not in the incident that saw the Roma guy sent off - he too might end up walking. He looks a real good prospect, ran them ragged, especially first half - and his pass to set up the goal was sublime.

That’s just brilliant VB. outstanding accolade & thought Young Coombes was gonna get it.

He was outstanding throughout - whether we played him wide left, wide right or central midfield. Looks a helluva talent. Young Young-Coombes did outstandingly well also and I thought one of our full-backs, O'Connor, looked very good as well.

He was outstanding throughout - whether we played him wide left, wide right or central midfield. Looks a helluva talent. Young Young-Coombes did outstandingly well also I thought one of our full-backs, O'Connor, looked very good as well.

Thanks a lot VB. I’ve been mad busy recently so have only caught match highlights. Maybe Jules will do something ? :cool:

Watched the game the other day and the commentator said when he left Chelsea numerous clubs in the EPL were after him but he chose us

Was told by someone senior at HTC that this is a strategy the the club is looking at - wee bit like German clubs are doing which is to offer some of the top youth talent in England a pathway to 1st team football which is just not happening in the EPL. A few EPL clubs were after him and I know the staff worked really hard to get the deal done.
Let’s hope it bears fruit.

He seems a sensible young guy and with the coaching staff keeping him focussed he’s got every chance of being a top player.

What is it with the pessimism? Have faith, some people have already written it off that he'll be off in a few years, the fact he came here over many clubs chasing his name should tell you something which contradicts the logic that "he's off" how do you know?
How do we know?

Offers of about 35k a week at 20 years old.

He's a talent and this is where we are at this time in football. You think if this boy continues to develop his already huge talent he'll be playing in this shitehole country at 24?

Chelsea took him from Crystal Palace who were furious about losing him.
Played for England youths and was considered best talent in London/South East for his age group
Palace were desperate to take him back

Very impressive,tall, strong, direct, very fast and skilful. He’s also got a bit of confidence as if he knows he’s good ( which you need at Ibrox ). I thought Kennedy and Lyle were also excellent but there were many others too. Everyone of those players I saw today are well capable of breaking into the first team once they develop more physically. They all showed skill and guts and we’re the better team. The Italians looked older and more physically developed but our team showed the fight and skill that our first team should aspire to. The future indeed looks bright.

It’s a fascinating one, if Chelsea released him then how big a gulf is there between the youth teams? :oops:

And if premiership teams were after him then what a coup it is to get him.

I'm going to assume that he left Chelsea because he knew there was no chance of him making the starting 11 anytime soon with them and seen us as an option for first team football in the next 2 years. Chelsea are probably one of the worst teams you could be at to get a chance of first team football unless you want to be loaned out to Vitesse Arnhem or in the lower leagues of England season after season. I'll be surprised if Billy Gilmour gets near the starting 11 in the next 4-5 years for them despite having the obvious talent.

Was told by someone senior at HTC that this is a strategy the the club is looking at - wee bit like German clubs are doing which is to offer some of the top youth talent in England a pathway to 1st team football which is just not happening in the EPL. A few EPL clubs were after him and I know the staff worked really hard to get the deal done.
Let’s hope it bears fruit.

Hope so. The system down South is fundamentally flawed and is no wonder the top prospects are now looking to Germany.

If we can take a good prospect and develop them then surely a win win.

Hope so. The system down South is fundamentally flawed and is no wonder the top prospects are now looking to Germany.

If we can take a good prospect and develop them then surely a win win.
Jadon Sancho is the perfect example. Took the step to go to Germany because Dortmund offered first team football despite Man City offered a lot more money but couldn't guarantee him 1st team football. Was posted on here that Man City have made £162m from their academy players going abroad for 1st team football. More and more players are doing it. Chelsea youths have won the champions league a couple of times but sent something like 46 players out on loan across Europe and England.

Back