National teams who would win their own leagues?

PrivateAye72

Which national teams do you think would win their national leagues? And where would Scotland finish in the SPFL?

(We’ll make it so that players can play for both teams at the same time)

Brazil
Portugal
Spain?
Germany?

Every South American country.
Just about every African country.
Every Scandinavian country.

Holland.
Portugal.
Croatia.
Ireland.

Spain wouldn’t win their league with Barca and Messi against them.

Scotland wouldn’t win the SPFL because half the squad would call off last minute.
I think a fully fit Scotland team would probably win the league. Spain, Germany and Italy were the other ones I was considering but even then I think they would win. PSG v France would be a good game to watch too so I maybe I jumped the gun with just England.

I think the better question is which national teams would not win their league

Scotland, England and Italy for me.

I think the better question is which national teams would not win their league

Scotland, England and Italy for me.
I'm not sure why people keep saying Scotland wouldn't win the league. The scum are 10 points clear and make up most of the national team. The rest are English Premier or good Championship players. I'm obviously talking about first choice 11 only.

I'm not sure why people keep saying Scotland wouldn't win the league. The scum are 10 points clear and make up most of the national team. The rest are English Premier or good Championship players. I'm obviously talking about first choice 11 only.

Because Scotland are pish maybe ?

Despite what the media will tell you Brown and Tierney are 2 of the more average players in their line up.

McGregor is decent granted but it's certainly not the Scottish core that has won them titles.

I think a fully fit Scotland team would probably win the league. Spain, Germany and Italy were the other ones I was considering but even then I think they would win. PSG v France would be a good game to watch too so I maybe I jumped the gun with just England.
I know this thread is nothing serious and unprovable but, for me, I’d say no chance.

I know this thread is nothing serious and unprovable but, for me, I’d say no chance.
Why though? The poets are pish too but they are well ahead of us in the league and most of their team are the Scotland team. Do you think the non Scottish scum players are better than the likes of Robertson, Fraser, McKenna, Fleck, Cairney, McGinn, MacLean, Ritchie and I'm probably forgetting more.

Why though? The poets are pish too but they are well ahead of us in the league and most of their team are the Scotland team. Do you think the non Scottish scum players are better than the likes of Robertson, Fraser, McKenna, Fleck, Cairney, McGinn, MacLean, Ritchie and I'm probably forgetting more.
How many of those mentioned would you have at Ibrox?
Or, would they hold Villareal to two draws.

How many of those mentioned would you have at Ibrox?
Or, would they hold Villareal to two draws.
Ffs, seriously? I'm as proud as anyone about our European run but the question was about winning our league. We are TEN points behind to most of the players in the Scotland team. You are one of the most positive posters on here and it's great at times but sometimes realism helps. Hopefully this time next season we will be ten points clear.

Ffs, seriously? I'm as proud as anyone about our European run but the question was about winning our league. We are TEN points behind to most of the players in the Scotland team. You are one of the most positive posters on here and it's great at times but sometimes realism helps. Hopefully this time next season we will be ten points clear.

Current Scotland squad under McLeish with his tactics? No chance; brutal team to watch, I honestly think us and the poets would pump them.

Current Scotland squad under McLeish with his tactics? No chance; brutal team to watch, I honestly think us and the poets would pump them.
Yeah, I wasn't including Eck as manager in that. Also not including popcorn teeth as their manager.

So would Scotland taking Bain, Tierney, McGregor and Forrest out of the filth side enable Scotland to win it by decimating the filth, or would we win it because they are infinitely weaker?

In most countries the national team would win easily. Until recently I would have said Scotland had no chance, but in recent years I think they would win the SPL more often than not.

England would be top 4 but not sure they would win it. Spain would rely on the big two teams slipping up, but would be very close.

You’d need to establish what a fully fit Scotland team is though. That team that played last week wouldn’t finish above Aberdeen or Killie.

You could argue that Andrew Robertson would have a lot of success against Tav and Lustig, but Eduaord and Morelos are by far better strikers than what Scotland have.

So would Scotland taking Bain, Tierney, McGregor and Forrest out of the filth side enable Scotland to win it by decimating the filth, or would we win it because they are infinitely weaker?
What are you talking about? The OP clearly states the players can play for both club and country in this scenario.

Back