Nats Out! - Phase 2

Steve_french

It feels that way at times but it has to be remembered that they only represent about a 1/3rd of the voting public.

Around 60% of the country is Unionist. They could be wiped out if everyone got on board with it.

What gets me is that they were purely a protest vote when Labour became so toxic that people in Scotland moved away from them. The Scottish Nationalists realised they could grab a section (ie the less than Staunch) of that support which was always anti-Union and their bile has been allowed to spread.

As much as Sturgeon continues to pretend she's speaking for Scotland, she really isn't. FPTP really suits them as things stand. The very thing they throw out when saying "Scotland doesn't get the Government they vote for" in relation to UK elections suits them down to the ground for getting seats here.
Very insightful words! Thank you.

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
I hate seeing the SNP take all the seats here and then claim they speak for us all, but is it not more dangerous potentially giving those seats to Labour? We all know Corbyn will give them their 2nd referendum, even if the SNP are wiped out.
You are not voting for Corbyn. You are voting to keep the Natzis out.
Labour will not win the election but if there are sufficient SNP politicians they could hold sway and put Corbyn in power.
He would grant them their referendum in retur. and the Union would be destroyed.
It would also mean two scumbag terrorist-loving leaders who would not be prepared to use the nuclear deterrent.
Frightening.

daven37

I really don't want to vote for Labour.But as we get closer to the election I realise I'm going to have to hold my nose and do it as they're the only party with a chance to beat the SNP in EK.
Not happy at all that I need to vote for a party that wants to put Corbyn in number 10.
I don't want to vote for them either mate - I disagree with them on most of their policies.

If it means getting rid of the SNP though I would do it.

I am wary of Corbyn doing deals with the SNP though.

Really screwed on this one.

Also be wary of fake tactical voting leaflets going about.

YoungGer97

Whilst i agree with the sentiment, i won't be voting labour here in Airdrie & Shotts to rid ourselves of the Natz, less than 200 votes last time out, we have to be very careful in voting labour we could aid Corbyn in getting in by returning large Nos. of labour MP's.. just my opinion & quandry..
Will consider Labour in Rutherglen and Hamilton West. As well as the Corbyn factor the other issue putting me off is that the Labour boy is called Ged. Fckn Ged!!!!
I hope you're right, but looking at the current polls Labour are on the rise and it seems to be getting more and more likely.
Whilst i agree with the sentiment, i won't be voting labour here in Airdrie & Shotts to rid ourselves of the Natz, less than 200 votes last time out, we have to be very careful in voting labour we could aid Corbyn in getting in by returning large Nos. of labour MP's.. just my opinion & quandry..
Listen folks, the chances of a Labour government are extremely low. Extremely fucking low.

Beating the Nats, who are a much worse prospect than Labour, is the priority. We can get rid of Labour and the Tories at elections. Independence will never be overturned. We need to beat as many Nat MPs as possible to end their drive for independence. the ONLY way to beat them is by voting them out.

If it gives you any comfort there will be people who always vote Labour or Lib dem lending their votes to the tories to beat the SNP. Therefore you are essentially swapping your vote in your hometown for someone elses elsewhere in Scotland.

You know it makes sense, vote tactically december 12th. Spread the word.

senefelder

Listen folks, the chances of a Labour government are extremely low. Extremely fucking low.

Beating the Nats, who are a much worse prospect than Labour, is the priority. We can get rid of Labour and the Tories at elections. Independence will never be overturned. We need to beat as many Nat MPs as possible to end their drive for independence. the ONLY way to beat them is by voting them out.

If it gives you any comfort there will be people who always vote Labour or Lib dem lending their votes to the tories to beat the SNP. Therefore you are essentially swapping your vote in your hometown for someone elses elsewhere in Scotland.

You know it makes sense, vote tactically december 12th. Spread the word.
Well said Sir.

In the last General Election Labour were behind SNP by 318 votes in Motherwell and Wishaw. I will tactically vote labour along with my wife although it goes against the grain as my wife is ex-army and served 2 tours in Ulster. I served 22 years in the RAF.

I get it but I am finding it difficult.
I'm Motherwell & Wishaw. I've resigned myself to voting for Corbyn to try and get SNP out.

Renfrew@UKGB&NI

I hate seeing the SNP take all the seats here and then claim they speak for us all, but is it not more dangerous potentially giving those seats to Labour? We all know Corbyn will give them their 2nd referendum, even if the SNP are wiped out.
Why would labour give them a 2nd referendum if they're wiped out?
That makes no sense whatsoever.

Last edited:

ArnoldRimmer

I'll be holding my nose and voting them. I hate Corbyn but right now he's the lesser of the 2 evils in terms of staying part of the UK IMO. If they manage to get a majority, we'll be facing another referendum next year.

I think we'd win another referendum but I'm sick fed up with it now. It's neverending.

simply_the_best

You are not voting for Corbyn. You are voting to keep the Natzis out.
Labour will not win the election but if there are sufficient SNP politicians they could hold sway and put Corbyn in power.
He would grant them their referendum in retur. and the Union would be destroyed.
It would also mean two scumbag terrorist-loving leaders who would not be prepared to use the nuclear deterrent.
Frightening.

Are you sure they'd win another referendum?

I think they'll lose by an even bigger margin but we'll have to suffer calls for Indy ref3, I'm sick to the back teeth of the Nats, a real scourge on Scotland.

The Meik's Crombie

For us living in Scotland, this is an election within an election. England will generally vote Conservative although the Liberals may reclaim some of their historical stronghold in SW England. When you read of constituencies such as Barnsley, Bolsover, the North East of England etc considering voting Conservative because of Brexit, it is a good indication that Labour are in big trouble.

In Scotland, we need to minimise the SNP percentage vote as much as possible. In our individual constituencies, we need to vote for the party who have the greatest chance of defeating the SNP. I will have to hold my nose and vote Labour in this election as they have the best chance of defeating the SNP.

Woodrow Call

Ì want them to get a second referendum.

Cooper_11

Official Ticketer
Ì want them to get a second referendum.
Why would you want to take the chance that they might win a referendum ? Deprive them of a second referendum and they can never get their wish which is to break up our Union.
Get out there and vote tactically Bears. Personally I will be voting Labour for the first time in my life to eradicate the SNP from Glasgow East. I do so in full knowledge that Labour will not gain enough seats nationally to put Corbyn in 10 Downing Street.

Yosser

Had a discussion with the mates before yesterday’s game and we all came to the unpopular decision we must vote Labour to keep the Natsis out.
Like me. I'm from Greenock and although pro Union there is absolutely no way I would contemplate voting Tory . They decimated our manufacturing industries, coal, shipbuilding and steel.
If they changed their name-- green might be an alternative.!

YoungGer97

@Karbear
As for possibilities of shifting some of your remaining leaflets, and i dont know how plausible this is, but have you considered giving them out to the RSCs/Supporters buses headed to the game on Wednesday? Giving each bus a stack of them to hand out to their members could be a shout, despite them all getting steaming on the way up :))

Any leftovers could maybe be dished out on Sunday before the cup final

Just a couple of suggestions

Jackhammer

I had the misfortune of getting involved in conversation this morning, a guy I grew up with and haven’t seen for a long time - he was ranting and raving about Westminster and I bit and gave him the argument he never expected, I hit him with facts and figures but there was absolutely no reasoning with him, they really are like a cult and I hope we can out the fućking nationalist bastards

Woodrow Call

Why would you want to take the chance that they might win a referendum ? Deprive them of a second referendum and they can never get their wish which is to break up our Union.
Get out there and vote tactically Bears. Personally I will be voting Labour for the first time in my life to eradicate the SNP from Glasgow East. I do so in full knowledge that Labour will not gain enough seats nationally to put Corbyn in 10 Downing Street.
Because it's not a chance and would finish Sturgeon for good.

ArnoldRimmer

Like me. I'm from Greenock and although pro Union there is absolutely no way I would contemplate voting Tory . They decimated our manufacturing industries, coal, shipbuilding and steel.
If they changed their name-- green might be an alternative.!
The Greens propped up the SNP. They are Nationalist as well.

Might I add that Labour started shutting down the mines before the Tories, who continued it. The main drive being cheaper imports.

I can guarantee it would've happened whoever was in charge at the time.

Labour have done far more things against me and my beliefs than most political parties, barring the SNP. In fact Labours stranglehold over much of Scotland and the way they courted votes is the reason for the SNP being in power. I'm still voting Labour, not because I support their policies, but because I am a Unionist.

Karbear

@Karbear
As for possibilities of shifting some of your remaining leaflets, and i dont know how plausible this is, but have you considered giving them out to the RSCs/Supporters buses headed to the game on Wednesday? Giving each bus a stack of them to hand out to their members could be a shout, despite them all getting steaming on the way up :))

Any leftovers could maybe be dished out on Sunday before the cup final

Just a couple of suggestions
That’s a good shout. It might even be an idea to go to where the buses are parked on Sunday and leave bundles on each bus.