Nats Out! - Phase 2

Grigo Yossarian

It is indeed but we need to vote for him to try and oust the SNP, who only have a majority of 384 from the last election in 2017.
It really is our only option as the Tories are a further 6K behind which we will never overturn sadly.
Agree Braeside.

I think it’s worth reminding everyone that our Leaflet has a very similar number of recommendations for both Conservative & Labour over Scotland.

It was objective & non partisan UK wise.

Wittenberg

Imperative unioni
Imperative unionists work together.
Here is the situation in Glasgow Central ( which includes staunch Bridgeton and Parkhead). The Conservative candidate has been deselected for anti Islamic views, last time had around 5000 votes. SNP's Thewliss had a majority of around 2400 over Labour. The coast is clear for us to hold our noses and vote Labour. This will hurt as I despise Corbyn and all he stands for. The Union must be maintained!

Grigo Yossarian

there is a large number of east end bears on here doing the same which is looking good
Similar to Cooper11 post last night, I convinced my mother & best mate.

He’s convinced his family & his mates in work, while my mother has been phoning her pals in Glasgow East of unionist persuasion.

It’s happening & growing every day by word of mouth.

Subway Bear

Really struggling to vote Lavour, Corbyn only being the tip of the iceberg. I suppose if Labour taken up SNP seats it's not making a huge difference either way to the end result if England vote the Tories back in.
I think vote share will become the big stick against Brexit though if we get another hung parliament, so if the scottish vote for Tory plummets, we will get the usual suspects banging on about what Scotland voted for being ignored.

Tough call

Cooper_11

Official Ticketer
For those that don't know, I'm a Scottish Conservative member and campaigner and I've been canvassing for the Tories in East Ren this election.

Although they won't shout it from the rooftops, privately, senior Tories are pretty comfortable with tactical voting against the SNP in seats where Lib Dem and Labour are the main Unionist opposition.

I'd like to think that the same applies to Labour and Lib Dem when the Tories are the biggest challenge to SNP.

This isn't just about politics, it's about much more than that.
The 36% SNP vote cannot be allowed to dictate and lord it over 64% of this country and pander to their cult fanatics.

This General Election and the next Holyrood one will probably define the future of Scotland.

There probably has never been so many marginal seats in Scotland going into a General Election.

Even a moderate amount of tactical voting will stop the SNP in their tracks.

Vote tactically for the Union and make your vote really count.
Very succinct MU, and anyone who is struggling to educate friends and family of how crucial a tactical vote is next week should be shown your post.
We can no longer allow the tail to wag the dog in Scotland. The separatists are galvanised purely by their cultish separatist beliefs and absolutely nothing else. We as Unionists must put Unionism before all else when we go to cast our votes next Thursday.
We must be non-partisan and vote to unseat the SNP wherever we can.
We must defeat the SNP before the damage is beyond repair.
We must ensure future generations enjoy the benefits of our unique Union with our neighbours in England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
This is our call to arms to defeat the dangerous anti-British, anti-Rangers cult who are hell bent on damaging the things we love.
THEY ARE NOT MY PEOPLE.

Grigo Yossarian

Very succinct MU, and anyone who is struggling to educate friends and family of how crucial a tactical vote is next week should be shown your post.
We can no longer allow the tail to wag the dog in Scotland. The separatists are galvanised purely by their cultish separatist beliefs and absolutely nothing else. We as Unionists must put Unionism before all else when we go to cast our votes next Thursday.
We must ensure future generations enjoy the benefits of our unique Union with our neighbours in England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
This is our call to arms to defeat the dangerous anti-British, anti-Rangers cult who are hell bent on damaging the things we love.
THEY ARE NOT MY PEOPLE.
Brilliant post mate ;)

YoungGer97

Really struggling to vote Lavour, Corbyn only being the tip of the iceberg. I suppose if Labour taken up SNP seats it's not making a huge difference either way to the end result if England vote the Tories back in.
I think vote share will become the big stick against Brexit though if we get another hung parliament, so if the scottish vote for Tory plummets, we will get the usual suspects banging on about what Scotland voted for being ignored.

Tough call
The unionist vote has always been and always will be calculated as a total between the three/four unionist parties including labour. Tory vote won’t plummet anyway but even if it did and it all went to say labour or the Lib Dem’s then they can hardly use it as a stick

Brahim Hemdani's Granny

For full disclosure I am generally a Conservative voter and will be voting for them in Edinburgh South West as they're the best option to unseat the odious Joanna Cherry. If Labour was the best option here, I'd vote for them.

For those concerned about Corbyn/Labour granting a second referendum and using it as reason to not tactically vote for them to beat the SNP, consider this.

In seats where it is a two horse race between the SNP and Labour, which option is more likely to lead to a second independence referendum or SNP influence in parliament? There is no downside to the union if Labour win those seats - it reduces SNP influence and makes it easier to dismiss their referendum shouts. I appreciate it's tough for a lot of people but there are numerous constituencies where it's a wasted vote going for a unionist party who aren't in contention.

Ousting the SNP is the priority and once they are smashed, we can return to debating the merits (or lack of) of Labour v Tory etc.

As an aside, if you really, really can't bring yourself to vote tactically, please still at least vote for a unionist, as the % vote split is still important, albeit less so at this point in time than seats

nybear

For full disclosure I am generally a Conservative voter and will be voting for them in Edinburgh South West as they're the best option to unseat the odious Joanna Cherry. If Labour was the best option here, I'd vote for them.

For those concerned about Corbyn/Labour granting a second referendum and using it as reason to not tactically vote for them to beat the SNP, consider this.

In seats where it is a two horse race between the SNP and Labour, which option is more likely to lead to a second independence referendum or SNP influence in parliament? There is no downside to the union if Labour win those seats - it reduces SNP influence and makes it easier to dismiss their referendum shouts. I appreciate it's tough for a lot of people but there are numerous constituencies where it's a wasted vote going for a unionist party who aren't in contention.

Ousting the SNP is the priority and once they are smashed, we can return to debating the merits (or lack of) of Labour v Tory etc.

As an aside, if you really, really can't bring yourself to vote tactically, please still at least vote for a unionist, as the % vote split is still important, albeit less so at this point in time than seats
some on here dont get that its Unionist against separatists In Scotland and need to wise up.

flootbon

I vote Labour anyway. The thought of voting Conservative makes me almost physically sick. Especially the thought of the treacherous devious Johnson. However I could do it to get rid of the constant pressure for another divisive referendum.

Last edited:

90minsofmadness

Whilst i agree with the sentiment, i won't be voting labour here in Airdrie & Shotts to rid ourselves of the Natz, less than 200 votes last time out, we have to be very careful in voting labour we could aid Corbyn in getting in by returning large Nos. of labour MP's.. just my opinion & quandry..
If you prefer Sturgeon to Corbyn then that's your choice.

A vote for the Tories is a vote for SNP.

I am 100% anti Tory but would vote for them in a heartbeat in Angus.

MearnsUnionist

THEY ARE NOT MY PEOPLE.

Good post mate.

I consider myself centre right when it comes to politics.

I'm also a proud Scot who's equally proud to be British.

I voted remain in the EU referendum, but accept that I was a loser in a democratic vote, so I now accept that Brexit must happen.

If I didn't, then I'd be no different from the Independence fanatics and fantasists who are demanding a 2nd Independence referendum because they got trounced in the 1st one.

Lads like @academical and @YoungGer97 are equally proud to be Scottish and British, but their political parties are different from mine.

However, we will unite against the common enemy to the Union, the SNP and stop Independence.

Once we see them off, (and we will) then we can get back to squabbling amongst ourselves about the merits of, or lack of, the policies of Tory, Labour and Lib Dem.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::p

BlooBlood

Great work guys. I've been sharing loads of tactical voting stuff on twitter.

Thankfully the tactical vote in my constituency Lanark and Hamilton East is Conservative which is who I'd have probably voted for anyway. However, if it were Labour or Lib Dem I would do it without a moments hesitation. Getting rid of the SNP is our primary focus. Once that's done, we can move to Corbyn.

Mickethius

The response from just about everyone I know (friends, family, etc) in response to the tactical voting campaign has been very positive. Even those who didn’t initially grasp the reason for switching from Conservative to Labour here in Glasgow East eventually realised its a one-off vote to rid the constituency of the hate-filled SNP.
The hardest person to convince was a staunch Bluenose who absolutely could not vote for Corbyn.
I broke the whole thing down into pieces for him and a light eventually came on in his head that he’s not voting for Corbyn, he’s voting to oust a political party who are a clear and present danger to our way of life and our football club. He will now be voting tactically for Labour in his constituency.
Our English brethren will ensure Corbyn does not move into Number 10 and he will ultimately stand down from his post as Leader of the Opposition on Friday 13 December.
We must rid Scotland of the SNP
Good luck to you sir.

Mickethius

Reading the thread it suddenly dawned on me how the SNP have actually worked hard to drive a wedge between English people and Scots, lots of my pals now support independence for Scotland as the whole nation is seen as left wing whiners. Best of luck to those of you who have to do what you have to do to protect the union.

Grigo Yossarian

Reading the thread it suddenly dawned on me how the SNP have actually worked hard to drive a wedge between English people and Scots, lots of my pals now support independence for Scotland as the whole nation is seen as left wing whiners. Best of luck to those of you who have to do what you have to do to protect the union.
Thanks mate. There are a lot more of us than people outside this country realise ;)

Grigo Yossarian

Good post mate.

I consider myself centre right when it comes to politics.

I'm also a proud Scot who's equally proud to be British.

I voted remain in the EU referendum, but accept that I was a loser in a democratic vote, so I now accept that Brexit must happen.

If I didn't, then I'd be no different from the Independence fanatics and fantasists who are demanding a 2nd Independence referendum because they got trounced in the 1st one.

Lads like @academical and @YoungGer97 are equally proud to be Scottish and British, but their political parties are different from mine.

However, we will unite against the common enemy to the Union, the SNP and stop Independence.

Once we see them off, (and we will) then we can get back to squabbling amongst ourselves about the merits of, or lack of, the policies of Tory, Labour and Lib Dem.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::p
Excellent MU.

Look forward to reading you guys squabbles in the years ahead :D

Grigo Yossarian

Thankfully my tactical voting means I vote for Lib Dem and not Labour.

Although as someone previously stated .... if you have to vote for Labour - DO IT, as our English counterparts will ensure he doesnt get into no.10.

All going well, its a win win.
SNP Out, Corbyn steps down
Perfection Jules. ;)

coolatballet

Great work guys. I've been sharing loads of tactical voting stuff on twitter.

Thankfully the tactical vote in my constituency Lanark and Hamilton East is Conservative which is who I'd have probably voted for anyway. However, if it were Labour or Lib Dem I would do it without a moments hesitation. Getting rid of the SNP is our primary focus. Once that's done, we can move to Corbyn.
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram success and failure feed back is what we need .

What have you done on social media? Does it work? Any lessons?

We need to know, so that we can target our efforts in the last few days.

Well done all Bears!!

Slim Jim

By voting SNP you are going against every tradition of the club.

Our history and tradition is the reason the Union Flag flutters above the Main Stand on match day. How can you support Rangers if you hate that flag?
What tradition and history of the club? Certainly not from the 4 young lads or Tom Vallance.

Slim Jim

Im sure the 4 young lads and Tom Vallance would be quite miffed about a political party that actively tries to harm the club they created, and is full of people that hate them, the club they created and its supporters.
You may we’ll be correct, but that’s no reason for fans to make up false history and traditions.