Nearside linesman

Was Connor not the guy who didn’t give offside when three Celtic players were off at their goal in the League cup final?

Frank Connor. No shock that he didn’t flag as he’s a cheat. Stevie did the right thing drawing attention to him last night.

There was a point early in the game where Alfredo goes to take a throw in and makes a face at the linesman. I remember thinking “that prick has said something to Alfredo” at the time. Wish I had the full game recorded so I could find it

I noticed that too. Found it weird because at that point there had been no talking points

Other was just as bad , goldson may have just been offside but if watch back he went to run to half way line and changed mind after ball was in the net , clearly appealed to livi clowns putting hand up (who if look at goal done the exact same)

Do linesmen actually do anything to assist a referee. All I an see is some dubious offsides and when out for a throw in. Goldsons goal was offside but in real time the linesman must have slow motion eyes he can use to be sure it was offside.
Mainly useless and get paid for job anybody could do.

Incompetence or cheating.. Hard to comprehend how he could even put his flag up for a goal kick on the first one never mind the penalty..
Yes, this is exactly the point Stevie G was trying to make after the game.
Whether is is gross incompetence or clear cheating - our Gaffer's not having it and we are right behind him. It's not acceptable!!
Gaffer even said he could understand Cheatin Beaton made a mistake but cannot accept that 4th official or Francis Feargal John Paul Aloysius Connor did not see it.
The missed penalty call for the defender on Itten is even more inexcusable - Beaton was 25 yards away and not a soul between him and the 2 players. Wtf was his excuse?? He had been whistling those shirt pulls all game in midfield areas.

All this will make 55 sweeter. I think the Scottish powers now realise the damage caused to Scottish football after 2012

It is just sheer incompetence, which is why Gerrard said he can't take 3 people getting the decision wrong.

I dont disagree with anyone that says the linesmen are probably at it too but id guess in games like last night (Rangers going for the title live on tv or close to winning it anyway) the ref probably ignores any advice from other officials in these situations, if it benefit Rangers.

Would it really shock anyone if a ref was told its a penalty and he was blanked or JB said look piss off just do offsides mate, il decide hes dived.

We have the most sleekit refs in world sport the fact Rangers are well clear and they are still desperate to cause problems for the club and avoid issues with our enemies tells everything. It happens so often with us but never to Celtic, anyone that thinks its bad luck is deluded.

It was obvious quite early on that Beaton was going to be cheating and doing pretty much everything possible to hand Livi an advantage by not giving any crucial decisions Rangers way.

Hes not alone, Clancy, Robertson, Madden, McLean, Muir, we have all watched the other refs doing it time and time again, the more biased you are against Rangers the longer you will stay at the top of refereeing in Scotland and be selected to do games in europe.

I mentioned it in another thread thanks for the pictures.

I said at the time I have a bit (not much) sympathy for beaton at the penalty. He wasnt up with play and might have been at the wrong angle but this clown was staring straight at it. Utterly hopeless

He booked Alfie for diving, he must have seen it or he's just making stuff up, or both.

Never thought I'd defend referees and I guess I'm not really, I've already called it out as pathetic incompetence the penalty wasn't given, however...

Those who think it's blatant cheating, the league's gone, so what would any officials who are apparently trying to cheat us get out of this now?

Surely, if referees etc were wanting to cheat us so much they'd give us all the decisions going in the run in for a league where we were already15 points ahead and a game in hand before the Livingston game? They'd sign this league off as being a failure, and make everyone believe they're actually pro-Rangers in the latter games so that they can really cheat next season when it matters.

Part of being able to cheat someone is being able to convince people that there isn't any cheating going on otherwise it doesn't work, so what exactly is in it for them then?

I grew up laughing at the celtic fans for this paranoid behaviour, but I'm really getting sick of seeing our fans falling into the same trap.

We're better than that, a little bit of logical thought is all that's needed. You'll perhaps come to the same conclusion as I have - they're just incompetent.

Do we deserve better, yes, are we going to get it, probably not.

I’m with you on the number of fcuk ups perpetrated in our matches.

But he just doesn’t watch the game closely enough and if often way behind play. Because of that he has to make it up.

He’s also inconsistent. The Alfie penalty claim was handled totally different to Itten’s
Steven Naismith has said tonight on PLZ that John Beaton is a good referee

I remember that one, clear corner but lino flags what looks like goal kick to Livi. Could it have been this guy who called the penalty incident as a yellow card?
I noticed it as well and wondered how the hell he could flag for a goal kick when it was so obviously a Livi player who played the ball and no Rangers player near him and that makes me think that it was partially down to his incompetence that we didn't get the penalty and Alfie getting the yellow card. It all happened in front of him yet he didn't see it? Specsavers (other optometrists are available ;) ) should be his next port of call. What is the roll of the fourth official? Surely he must see these blatantly obvious things yet does nothing! Talk about useless! :mad:

W.A.T.P.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd defend referees and I guess I'm not really, I've already called it out as pathetic incompetence the penalty wasn't given, however...

Those who think it's blatant cheating, the league's gone, so what would any officials who are apparently trying to cheat us get out of this now?

Surely, if referees etc were wanting to cheat us so much they'd give us all the decisions going in the run in for a league where we were already15 points ahead and a game in hand before the Livingston game? They'd sign this league off as being a failure, and make everyone believe they're actually pro-Rangers in the latter games so that they can really cheat next season when it matters.

Part of being able to cheat someone is being able to convince people that there isn't any cheating going on otherwise it doesn't work, so what exactly is in it for them then?

I grew up laughing at the celtic fans for this paranoid behaviour, but I'm really getting sick of seeing our fans falling into the same trap.

We're better than that, a little bit of logical thought is all that's needed. You'll perhaps come to the same conclusion as I have - they're just incompetent.

Its a bit of waste of time answering this parnoid crap but here goes, the refs get full backing from the media that is why they cheat Rangers. It makes little or no difference who is on top or who wins the league the refs go out to protect themselves. Beaton spent the 90 mins cheating as he was worried about headlines and being linked to a title winning Rangers side. He was not giving a decision which would have an effect on that result the whole performance was bent, and its not the first time with this ref either.

Get used to our support moaning, and our manager too, as this issue was not caused by anyone at Rangers it was caused by the most sleekit match officials anywhere in world sport history...and the media. If you dont like it or it really upsets you then tough. I cant be the only one that couldnt care less. Supporting them is insane.

And you keep going on about Celtic fans in the past, the 90s etc, but its interesting you are not suggesting they have any issues with refs now probably cos the amount of bias in refereeing means that they dont.

In the heirachy at the SFA, if you are seen not to be pro Celtic, you will never rise through the ranks, the last impartial referee was probably Hugh Dallas, and look what happened to him.

Its a bit of waste of time answering this parnoid crap but here goes, the refs get full backing from the media that is why they cheat Rangers. It makes little or no difference who is on top or who wins the league the refs go out to protect themselves. Beaton spent the 90 mins cheating as he was worried about headlines and being linked to a title winning Rangers side. He was not giving a decision which would have an effect on that result the whole performance was bent, and its not the first time with this ref either.

Get used to our support moaning, and our manager too, as this issue was not caused by anyone at Rangers it was caused by the most sleekit match officials anywhere in world sport history...and the media. If you dont like it or it really upsets you then tough. I cant be the only one that couldnt care less. Supporting them is insane.

And you keep going on about Celtic fans in the past, the 90s etc, but its interesting you are not suggesting they have any issues with refs now probably cos the amount of bias in refereeing means that they dont.
of course they do have problems with referees, just like all fans have

that's telling you something right there

In the heirachy at the SFA, if you are seen not to be pro Celtic, you will never rise through the ranks, the last impartial referee was probably Hugh Dallas, and look what happened to him.
the mentally challengeds wouldn't call hugh dallas impartial

Back