Nearside linesman

I mentioned it in another thread thanks for the pictures.

I said at the time I have a bit (not much) sympathy for beaton at the penalty. He wasnt up with play and might have been at the wrong angle but this clown was staring straight at it. Utterly hopeless

Incompetence or cheating.. Hard to comprehend how he could even put his flag up for a goal kick on the first one never mind the penalty..

I said at the time I have a bit (not much) sympathy for beaton at the penalty. He wasnt up with play and might have been at the wrong angle but this clown was staring straight at it. Utterly hopeless
Absolutely. The linesman had the ideal view when you look at the various angles of the replays

Frank Connor was the linesman who failed to flag Hibs offside equaliser in September, then compounded by not 'noticing' the clear push on Helander.

He's previously on record as one of the officials apologising on Brendan Rodgers' request. I'm sure we can expect the same from him.

This is a Livi defender heading a ball out for a corner from a Patterson pass.

This is what the linesman gives. Overridden by Beaton.

There is no explanation apart from cheating that I can think of. Later confirmed at the penalty.
What about the other side Lino? Can see Goldson being half an inch offside in a crowded area. Then all of a sudden can’t see Itten getting pulled to the ground by his arm despite being the only two outfield players in the box?

Yet he was near enough to spot Alfie’s ‘dive’?

For the record, I don’t think Beaton is a cheat but he sure is a shyte referee.

Yet he was near enough to spot Alfie’s ‘dive’?

For the record, I don’t think Beaton is a cheat but he sure is a shyte referee.
The number of dreadful decisions against us is now at a ridiculous level. Off the top of my head
Hibs calamity
Madison free kick at Pittodrie
Alfie penalty at Pittodrie
Cosgrove on Davis at Pittodrie
Last night.

The number of dreadful decisions against us is now at a ridiculous level. Off the top of my head
Hibs calamity
Last night.
I’m with you on the number of fcuk ups perpetrated in our matches.

But he just doesn’t watch the game closely enough and if often way behind play. Because of that he has to make it up.

He’s also inconsistent. The Alfie penalty claim was handled totally different to Itten’s

Hibs calamity
Last night.
He was the ref that cost us the points v Killie too wasn’t he? Chopped off Alfie’s goal for nothing and missed the foul leading to their equaliser?

Saw it at the time and thought it was blatant cheating because if he couldn't see it was corner he must of tripped over his guide dog

Morelos was well offside behind the defender who played the ball so I thought he was flagging for that at the time

What about the other side Lino? Can see Goldson being half an inch offside in a crowded area. Then all of a sudden can’t see Itten getting pulled to the ground by his arm despite being the only two outfield players in the box?
Watching it again a livi player walks right in front of him at the itten pull. Should do better to see in the box but I don’t think it was anything like Connors f up’s

Back