Need to play loan signings is killing the team.

Not seen this topic for a while :rolleyes:

Gullible and/or all too eager to lap this myth up.
If you mean the “myth” that we need to play Worrall in a certain number of games, then I hope for Gerrard’s sake it’s true.

Because if he’s watched Worrall all this time and is still picking him over Katic based on merit then I’d be very worried about his judgement.

I think there has to be some difference between playing for Rangers and being a Rangers player.

If we have 3 or 4 loanees starting for us, do they care enough?

I tend to think not.

If you mean the “myth” that we need to play Worrall in a certain number of games, then I hope for Gerrard’s sake it’s true.

Because if he’s watched Worrall all this time and is still picking him over Katic based on merit then I’d be very worried about his judgement.

So did Liverpool, Forest and Angers all get together to enforce these clauses? But not Roma re Sadiq cos...reasons.

Our last title winning side had 2/3 around the squad regularly. Weiss, Diouf and Bartley.

And Davis turned out alright in 2008 :D

Where to start with this utter drivel! There is absolutely no issue with the effort any of our players are putting it. Every issue we have is due to quality and not commitment. If we send all the loan players back and go with the players that are left we’d be in a terrible state. I sometimes wonder if some of our fans are genuinely stupid or if some simply cannot seperate their emotions from reality.
I am afraid the lonees are not good enough and are not offering enough in games.

So did Liverpool, Forest and Angers all get together to enforce these clauses? But not Roma re Sadiq cos...reasons.

And Davis turned out alright in 2008 :D
I’ve no idea the workings of each contract to be pretty honest.

However in the case of Worrall it’s the only “acceptable” explanation for ripping up a fantastic partnership at the time.

Our last title winning side had 2/3 around the squad regularly. Weiss, Diouf and Bartley.
Were they that much influence? Or just keeping signed players out? Do not rate any of them as being great or influencial Rangers players. Some good cheer leaders and playing to the crowd merchants.

For me its simple the loan signings are simply not good enough and the managers need to keep playing them is killing the team.

The other players see players getting picked no matter how bad they have played.
“Needs” to play them?
As in contractually?
He’ll be “fined” for dropping Worrall and Ejaria and ignoring Sadiq then?

I agree op. Loan signing tend to go to a club to benefit themselves. Not all, but the majority do.
Our midfield needs major investment, that's been clear from very early on. If you had been locked away for 2 years you would still think Warburton was in charge.
We rely on our wide players for every attacking move, with absolutely nothing from the centre.
Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome, we've been guilty of this since Warburton.

McCauley looked like he had never seen a football midweek?

If you think Worrall and Macauley are in the same league as footballers you need sectioned. Macauley and Goldson are our two best centre backs and need to build a relationship with McGregor you’d need to be mentally disabled to think Worrall should be in there ahead of Macauley.

The loans players haven't peformed in about a month and are still playing the majority of the games. It's a case of I better keep the parent clubs happy so I can get some more deals in the future imo. Like the tramps failed to do across the city, taking players on loan, not playing them and being told to f*ck off in the future.
Well, that's just pish.

2nd November - St Mirren 0 : 2 Rangers
Loanees: Worrall, Ejaria, Kent started

8th November - Spartak 4 : 3 Rangers
Loanees: Coulibaly and Ejaria started

11th November - Rangers 7 : 1 Motherwell
Loanees: Worrall and Ejaria started

24th November - Rangers 3 : 0 Livingston
Ejaria started

29th November Rangers 0 : 0 Villarreal
Loanees: Worrall and Coulibaly started

2nd December - Hearts 1 : Rangers 2
Loanees: Ejaria and Coulibaly started

5th December - Rangers 0 : 1 Sheep
Loanees: Coulibaly and Ejaria started

9th December - Dundee 1 : 1 Rangers
Loanees: Worrall and Kent started, Ejaria came on

But don't let facts get in the way of your argument.

If you think Worrall and Macauley are in the same league as footballers you need sectioned. Macauley and Goldson are our two best centre backs and need to build a relationship with McGregor you’d need to be mentally disabled to think Worrall should be in there ahead of Macauley.
Firstly, you asked us to name one reason. You got one.

Secondly, you might want to rethink the 'need sectioned' and 'mentally disabled' comments. Fucking disgusting shite to be coming out with.

The manager makes a lot of strange choices. Halliday good at left back. Barasic back but you just know Flanagan will be back in shortly.

Why Worral keeps getting picked I don't know. Doubt the gaffer could give a decent reason either unfortunately.

Because the last few games that he has played, Katic has been very poor.

He is a no-nonsense defender and if the roles had been swapped at their goal today, the ball would have been in Row Z, whereas Goldson tried to shield it back to McGregor.

Care to list the goals that Worrall has sold this season, because I could list more for any of our other back 4?

You serious? It’s by absolute fukin luck he’s not conceded more and McGregor. If you think Worrall is the answer mate you are one of the reasons we as fans have accepted utter middle of the road pish now.

He’s not better than bates that we let go. He’s pish and there’s a reason he’s 5th choice centre back for a bottom half championship team.

Bristol City had to pay Liverpool £200k because Kent hardy played there, which is peanuts TBH considering the "fine" was paid in lieu of an initial loan fee.

If anything he might be playing them to maintain a good relationship with the parent club but I don't think the financial penalty is the reason.

Our use of the loan system has been absolutely too much and anyone trying to defend it has got the blinkers on

We are a big club going for titles (or supposed to be) and yet we are taking untried untested youngsters

Does that sit right with you cause it doesn't sit right with me.

It's short termism. Every season our turnover of players has been crazy since 2012. The percentage signed for the long term must be rather low and loan players coming to Rangers should be way above the level of player we have or not at all imo. None of the players we have on loan are our best player.

Whilst you may be correct, you have no substance yet your making it out to be fact-obviously.

To suggest it was obvious from an early stage is also a bit strange. How could anyone come to an assumption other than if they were playing gash and kept playing. That wasn't the case "early".

I called it as far back as September and was lambasted. It was embarrassingly easy to see. Most folk have caught on at this point to be fair but you will always get acid users who can't see the woods for the trees.

This idea that we have to play loan players is partly true.
When we are given players by Liverpool particularly, the deal is that they are being loaned for free to get experience. It is absolutely 100% in the contract that they are expected to play a certain % of games when fit. I believe its 75%, hence why they can be dropped now and again.
If they dont play 75% of games, then the loaning club is due a loan fee at the end of the season.

You serious? It’s by absolute fukin luck he’s not conceded more and McGregor. If you think Worrall is the answer mate you are one of the reasons we as fans have accepted utter middle of the road pish now.

He’s not better than bates that we let go. He’s pish and there’s a reason he’s 5th choice centre back for a bottom half championship team.

I never said he was the answer, but he is nowhere near as bad as you and others are making out.

At the moment, he is a young Rangers player and deserves to be supported, not vilified for little reason.

I assume you are still racking your brains trying to think of goals we have conceded that he has been to blame for?

I find it strange if this is actually in the deals. To promise Nottingham Forrest that we will play there fourth choice CH is just mental

There's not a chance Stevie is not playing the team he feels is best for every game.

It's actually insulting to him to suggest otherwise.

He's not playing the best team. Stevie Wonder can see players were needing dropped due to fatigue and poor form, yet were still playing.

How Worral keeps playing is beyond me.

Aye, Gerrard is deliberately picking shite loanees to play in our games so he can ensure we drop points and thereby bring his managerial career to an abrupt end before it really gets started. All so he can save the Club a few quid.

Aye, that makes sense when you think it through, eh?

I can believe that if Ejaria or Kent aren’t picked then we have to pick up theirs wages from Liverpool.

I don’t believe that a club like Nottingham Forest would be able to negotiate a deal like that when loaning our a centre back that is deemed surplus.

There must be something in their loan contract because there is no way ejaria justifies a place in the squad, he's been utter garbage for a while now.

There must be something in their loan contract because there is no way ejaria justifies a place in the squad, he's been utter garbage for a while now.

Which permanent signing do we have that would take his place in the squad mate?

Kent - started and played to get his fitness up .
Worrall played whole game .
Ejaria on as sub .
Coulibaly on the bench and didn't get on.

If the loan players had to play then why didn't they all start today. Absolute nonsense theory that folk keep peddling .

If our "offside" goal hadnt been calked wrong then we've won this game and none if this is an issue .

Worrall has clause in loan deal that we need to play him in % of games. If we don't we need to pay a fee, similar to as someone describes further up the thread with Kent last year at Bristol City.

I would imagine Kent & Ejara will be the same as its common in loan deals these days. Possibly Coulibaly as well will be similar deal.

Does anyone know for a fact if we HAVE to play them or is it pure conjecture?

Don't have to play anyone but will be large fees to pay if we don't. So in effect need to play them to avoid this...

Lets hope they all put a shift in on Thursday then its all ok again :D

If we don’t have loans we don’t have W the likes of Goldson, Arfield or Morelos

When they are on “loan” they are Rangers players.

This is such inane pish this “loan” thing

I called it as far back as September and was lambasted. It was embarrassingly easy to see. Most folk have caught on at this point to be fair but you will always get acid users who can't see the woods for the trees.

You 'caught on' in our first game of the season, and like a dog who's determined to keep sniffing its arsehole, you keep finding shîte.

'Most folk have caught on' – utter pîsh :D Just because you repeat it ad infinitum and get the odd positive response doesn't make it true.

Where was Worrall vs. Aberdeen and Hearts if we're forced to play him? You keep ignoring that one. Why didn't Ejaria and Coulibaly start if we're forced to play them? You keep ignoring that one too. Where is Sadiq? Or does it only apply to the ones you want?

Back