Negative effect on the new players?

DeeGer10

I’m not for a minute suggesting we should of kept Pedro for the below reason.

I wonder if Pedro sacking will have a negative effect on the foreigners. Morelos doesn’t speak English however Pedro was able to speak Spanish. Will this effect him being able to develop in the short term?

I’m not sure how Alves will feel now his countryman his left.

I have little concerns over Cardoso and Candeias as they seem to get it and Candeias has adapted to foreign countries before.

Where does this leave Herrera? The jury’s out on Pena however I like him and hope he can settle.

How do you think the players in the dressing room are feeling after today’s news? I think the answer is we don’t and won’t know.

I don’t think it’s going to be as simple as Pedro going and a new boss coming in there’s gonna be a further period of instability.

If they have an ounce of professionalism and understanding of how the game works they'll adapt quickly and give their all for the next manager.

Alves
Cardoso
Candeias

The above will be fine.

Morelos and Herrera I have slight concerns about although I trust them both to just get on with it, Morelos especially. Hopefully see both start together

Pena will down tools and will barely feature for us again and will be sold back home in January IMO

In Morelos's case, he's moved from a small club in Finland to a club in top twenty for crowds in Europe.

Would suggest the new permanent manager lays it on the line - "You stay here, you learn English"

Sadly, we needed to change something, leaving out certain players etc, but Pedro had run out of room to manoeuvre and had to go as the club is more important than any individual.

Cordoso & Candeias have settled easily. Morelos likewise, and Pena wanted to play in Europe for some time. So I don't envisage any problems there.

Pedro seemed to be a major factor in Alves coming here, however. Possibly a similar situation to the French DM who PLG brought in (I forget his name) and left shortly after his departure.

I posted earlier it was an act of folly to sack Pedro and will only bring more instability. The reasons you give above will show that to be true.
The club is bigger than Pedro, Pena and Herrera. It's sad but if we had a Scottish manager at least they'd have left players like Walker or English players behind for the next manager to use instead of Pena IMO.
I do think Herrera or Pena could be useful but it's a gamble.

Morelos may get a new lease of life having teammates within 20 yards of him and not having to contest high balls with players 2 feet taller every 30 seconds.

I imagine most of the players will have been in similar situations and I’d hope they play for us and the club.

I wouldn't move to a foreign country and not want or expect to learn the lingo...I did for a time and learnt enough to get by well enough. You shouldn't move to a foreign country and expect to be always working with the same people who were there when you got there either.

These are grown men, rich grown men who have the best of facilities to work at, lovely company cars and no doubt have decent homes most of us on here will not.

They are professionals and have contracts. Some of them are young or reasonably young in football terms...they need to knuckle down and get on with it. The Portuguese seem like they'll just get on with it, Morelos too I expect. The Mexican lads said it was their dream to play in Europe so they have to play well, play hard, score goals and get themselves noticed if they want the really big money !

All these players just need to realise they live a good life. Now they will just have to adapt some.

They’re employees.

Anyone acting like an arse under a new manager because they don’t speak their language should be out the door.

They’re professionals, or supposed to be... they should just get on with it and play for whoever comes in.

They signed for Rangers, not Pedro. I also think they’ll be as relieved as the others and hoping we get somebody who knows what they’re doing.

They are professional footballers who have played under umpteen managers, they'll just get on with it.

Ive heard Morelos and Peña have no idea what to do with all the money they are now earning. Both from very poor backgrounds. I doubt either will be in a rush to lose it

I think Pena and Herrara will be away in January unfortunately,as for Alves,wasn’t it Mendes(his agent) and not Pedro that sold the club to him.

We have such high standards for foreigners but our Scottish players can get away with what they want

Alves
Cardoso
Candeias

The above will be fine.

Morelos and Herrera I have slight concerns about although I trust them both to just get on with it, Morelos especially. Hopefully see both start together

Pena will down tools and will barely feature for us again and will be sold back home in January IMO
Who's going to buy Pena?

I'm not sure about the Portuguese guys being ok.

I think there could be a massive split with the foreigners that came and the UK/Scottish boys. Don't know why, just a feeling.

Murty has a massive job on his hands over the next week or so.

Someone said on here that even Bruno wasn't on Team Pedro anymore. I think the likes of Cardoso, Candeias and Morelos will carry on fine under a new manager.

It's the likes of Dalcio, Pena and Herrera that will be shown the door immediately.

I do agree with this. An extraordinarily wasteful signing.

I'll add: the board have shown so little competence in dealing with the footballing side: from transfer dealings (in and out) and managerial selections/contract terms. The clear-out HAS to include those responsible for this.

Candeias loves Pedro so I worry about him

He’s been ok but it would hardly be a worry for me. He’s no better than average. His journeyman career of being punted between crap clubs should see him remain committed I would think, otherwise the door can be used.

Could look at bringing Novo in for a bit longer than the odd training session to help the Spanish speakers.

I do feel like Herrera and Pena will be gone by the end of January though.

I dont know if that will have a bearing. My thought today was the possibility the players have down tools as they have seen the effect the refs are having with them getting booted up and down the park with no protection.

I wonder if Pedro sacking will have a negative effect on the foreigners. Morelos doesn’t speak English however Pedro was able to speak Spanish. Will this effect him being able to develop in the short term?

I have little concerns over Cardoso and Candeias as they seem to get it and Candeias has adapted to foreign countries before.

Where does this leave Herrera? The jury’s out on Pena however I like him and hope he can settle.

How do you think the players in the dressing room are feeling after today’s news? I think the answer is we don’t and won’t know.

I don’t think it’s going to be as simple as Pedro going and a new boss coming in there’s gonna be a further period of instability.

I think most of the players will need to take a long hard look at themselves for their inept performances.

Might be the making of them. Pedro appeared to cut Pena too much slack and Herrera wasnt getting a start.
None of them will get as much money or a better club.

On what criteria do you “like” Pena?

I’d keep Herrera. I see something I like, and would give him the chance alongside Morelos to see if they can find their shooting boots.

Back